It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Poised For Attack On Iran!! Has The Final Count Down Begun?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
American plans for a military strike on Iran are “complete” and the attack is to be launched “any day”.

In an alarming cover story in its latest issue, the Left wing journal, New Statesman, claims that American preparations extend far beyond targeting only Iran’s suspected nuclear sites. What the Americans are planning, it says, is a major conventional war that will enable President Bush to destroy Iran’s military, political and economic infrastructure overnight.

The US army, navy, air force and marines have all prepared battle plans and spent four years building bases and training for "Operation Iranian Freedom". Admiral Fallon, the new head of US Central Command, has inherited computerised plans under the name TIRANNT (Theatre Iran Near Term).
The Bush administration has made much of sending a second aircraft carrier to the Gulf. But it is a tiny part of the preparations. Post 9/11, the US navy can put six carriers into battle at a month's notice.

Two carriers in the region, the USS John C Stennis and the USS Dwight D Eisenhower, could quickly be joined by three more now at sea: USS Ronald Reagan, USS Harry S Truman and USS Theodore Roosevelt, as well as by USS Nimitz. Each carrier force includes hundreds of cruise missiles.
www.newstatesman.com...

This is probably how the war will unfold:

Phase 1.

Launch a pre-emptive aerial strike targeting the main airfields and anti aircraft missile sites with air resources out of Guam and the US.

Phase 2.

Achieve air supremacy and destroy residual potential for interference, for unhindered deployment for air and ground resources. Neutralize any interference by Iranian Naval and ground forces in order to keep the Straits of Hormuz open by Carrier based naval task forces and Marines.

Special Forces along with regular army units inducted along vulnerable corridors on the Iran-Iraq border to prevent riposte by Iranian ground forces threatening American assets in Iraq.

Phase 3.

Target and destroy main nuclear facilities with precision-guided weapons. At the same time target and destroy all known military industrial complexes.

All phases would probably be completed by H Plus 24 hours. This is just an outline of the impending battle. The details have been kept out as it would require several pages.

So sit back and watch with awe and horror, the biggest media event in the history of television unfold before you in your living room. The question is – When?

[edit on 17-2-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I do hope that _when_ they blow up the nuclear facilities, they take hand at there handedness in the Iraq/Iran war and remember well that the Iranian's tend to booby-trap there installations.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   
If all that happens then I believe phase IV will be the impeachment and possible arrest of the president for going to war illegally and against the expressed non consent of the Congress.
Honestly we dont have the resources or manpower to open another War right now. All we have left are nukes and Im positive unless nuked first we aint using those. Now if Dub had thought about Iran before his ever bumbling Iraq fiasco's then maybe yes but not now. However its good for buisiness to keep Iran thinking we are on the verge of attacking. And I believe Bush is hoping they do fire first just so he can say"See I told you Iran was Evil".

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Votes of Congress. We're in Phase 1.2.a-b of the Iraqi conflict. And they're fighting over money for it. Congressional matters at hand, I don't think they have any say unless voters voice aggressive opinions.

If this Iranian event does unfold, which I give it about a 20% chance it will (with all the defamations aimed at a country who has no fear holding out 70+ hostages in extreme sensationalism), then I'd be on the look out for the -ill-spoken of draft. Which, BTW, has be somewhat resolved. Should the need arise.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 03:43 AM
link   
We were closer to an Iran war last march more so than this one, looks what happend in the house the other day and Pelosi made the comment about bringing the troops home.

I would be very surprised if Iran was attacked I mean Bush has become like Kim Il Jong these days with constant threats or attacks and its pathetic.

The USA would lose its entire military if it took on Iran on such flimsey rhetoric because the rest of the world would gang up on it and sort it out like we had to with Germany in both World Wars.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
We were closer to an Iran war last march more so than this one

The Iran hype machine only started to really get going a year ago. I'm not sure what you're talking about. If you were following the Iraq war media build up, it started very much the same way. Back then I was rooting for the Iraq war, used to be a warhawk neo-con so I was paying attention with perverse anticipation.

Iraq was dropped into a few news stories, people started talking about it more and more. ---Then the president started to get directly involved in making the case.-- Which is where we are now. It's why Robert Gates was brought in. He's the "Iran Guy" This was never going to go down under Rummy. Fresh faces recycling the same lies makes it seem new.

President Bush turned up the heat this week with his speech to the press. Also, the war is going to happen with Bush in office. We've already had our token UN resolution (illegal) which Iran ignored. It's been made clear Iran won't be delt with. North Korea has been taken care of "temporarily" so it's not in the way and can be used for positive contrast as to why we should trust the administration to attack Iran. There won't be a big show in front of the UN this one. We have no credibility in that venue. We are working on getting NATO in on this one, which is why we are trying to restart the cold war with Russia, and give defense systems to Europe to force them into help on Iran.

Even if Iran becomes completely transparent at this point, the USA will accuse them of working in secret. Saddam had allowed inspections again only a few weeks before the USA began to attack. How did that work out for him (or possible double)

Once Iran starts playing their trump cards against the US lies, the US will be forced to attack to divert attention. Might not even come to that. Everyone now is talking about the Bombs in Iraq maybe being tired to the highest levels in Iran. Ignoring that the bombs could have come from anywhere and they're is no proof they are connected to Iran at all. Just as there is no proof they even have a nuclear weapons program.

Iraq took a military mobilization before attack. Iran doesn't need that. Our army is already mobilized on the borders and in the sea. We have positive PR campaign at home about the National Service act in case the NATO help isn't enough ...and I suspect it won't be. The Democrats have already made it clear the war will continue , and are using Iraq to distract their people from making the Deja-Vu in Iran as a possibility.

And then, on top of everything we have the ultimate card to play to attack Iran.
If Israel attacks, we will follow them right into the snake pit.

Starting to see why impeachment was important now ? Bush is going to take the fall , the next president will be the "white knight" and put a positive spin on our world war. And we are never getting out.

Ever.

When the economy crashes because off oil prices, it will be a lot easier to get people into the army as well.

Enjoy these happy thoughts.
It's not a matter of if, or what you think.
It's an inevitability that the people are waking up to.

[edit on 17-2-2007 by Awake and All Seeing]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
We were closer to an Iran war last march more so than this one, looks what happend in the house the other day and Pelosi made the comment about bringing the troops home.

I would be very surprised if Iran was attacked I mean Bush has become like Kim Il Jong these days with constant threats or attacks and its pathetic.

The USA would lose its entire military if it took on Iran on such flimsey rhetoric because the rest of the world would gang up on it and sort it out like we had to with Germany in both World Wars.

The Military [infra]structure is a business classed operative of the Wingedness instilled upon America, blazened by War Hounds within the doctrine of "fluttering". They act tough.
It's a position "we've" assumed since 9/11: where it was learned that for less than $200,000 grand total, a destruction that entails us to this day can be asserted.

The repercussions of "mandating" that Iran is a suitified < threat, by noting the transfer of not only arms to Iraqi insurgents, but also personel pretty much GUARANTEES action. If it isn't true, it is now.

The chances of an Iranian War are slim, but if this happens, it should be remembered they have nuclear abilities. Assumed to be minor, but with our "postering" as stating the use of on will institute the use of against, it could get hairy.

[edit on 2/17/2007 by bothered]

[edit on 2/17/2007 by bothered]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Is President Bush really that deluded? Does he think that Americans really are the World's Policemen?

More importantly, could America alone really open a third front in this so called war on terror and to what extent?

We know about how good American air power but, is the American Army/USMC/National Guard in that good a shape and capable of launching another ground war?

Who does Bush expect to hold his hand and back him up? Not we Brits surely? We've all had enough of Afghanistan and Iraq and our boys and girls want to come home, not get involved in another bloody senseless American crusade.

I predict that should America take hostile action of any kind against Iran, then all Bush will have succeeded in doing, is to unite the entire arab and muslim world against the 'west'.

You guys need to take a long hard look at the politicing that's going on on your behalf!

You, the great American people, need to grab your Congressmen and women by the short and curlies to demand a vote in your Congrass and then kick it into touch.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
The New Statesman??? You're gonna listen to an obscure website called the New Statesman???? Yeah, right!!

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by BANGINCOLOR
The New Statesman??? You're gonna listen to an obscure website called the New Statesman???? Yeah, right!!

It's American isn't it?

Anyway, let's get down to some serious business!!

The so-called ‘Surge’ in force levels in Iraq by 30,000 troops is not what we think it is for. It isn’t for Iraq per se, but is actually for the positioning and deployment of formations for the impending operations against Iran!

This approximates three divisions. The likely deployment matrix is:

One division, less a brigade group, to be deployed in and around Baghdad for local security duties, ab-initio. This force will act as a reserve for Operation ‘Iran Freedom’ to be ready to move at short notice once hostilities commence.

Two divisions plus a brigade group ex the Baghdad division to be deployed near the Iraq-Iran border to be ready for Phase 2 of the operations.
(See my opening post on the likely plan of attack).

Now do you get the idea what this ‘surge’ in force levels is all about? It’s on hold at the moment, as the House has vetoed the plan to send more troops to Iraq. But unfortunately, this isn’t binding. So let’s wait and see when Bush presses the ‘over ride’ button and dispatches his troops to Iraq as planned.

Remember, if these troops cannot be sent to Iraq, then Operation ‘Iran Freedom’ is a non-starter!

Do you copy? Over and out!!

[edit on 17-2-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
It's all written in the balance sheets of demand for jet fuel.
Or at least the preparation of.

What's even funnier, "tough guy" Bush claims distinction in initiation. But, I most certainly recall the use of "heavy words" when Iran anounced it's nuclear capability, and intentions.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Been hearing this since 2005, every month a new thread like this pops up. Give it a rest, this isnt gonna happen. Just wait and see.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The system is slowly starting to fall to pieces. They must launch an attack VERY soon if they wish to stand any chance of maintaining control.

The time is near. Let the revolution begin

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
That's see Carriers will be in place by mid March . . .

. . . new moon March 18-21 . . .

. . . Oh Yeah . . . and . . . Iran stops accepting dollars for oil on March 21!

Geez . . . I don't know when they will attack?

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Does anyone know where to check for GPS almanac PDOP for the month of March? That may give an indication of when the attack maybe brewing. General civil PDOP dramatically errodes during war.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This is all find and dandy and there has been many 'rumors' and preparations for war with Iran for some time now. The thing I would be more concerned about is the 'terror' attack that will be the justification for the attack on Iran. You can bet your bottom dollar that the folks that are gearing all this up for Iran are also 'getting ready' for the terror attack that will be used to justify everything.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Add in the mix that since the Congo has been eliminated as a supplier of raw Uranium core elements, there now courting another oil-laden country. Venezuela.

I don't think they like us much. At least not the ones they speak out on. Reasons for your establishing carrier "port" groups.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I think pure and simply, if Bush goes to war with Iran, it will start WWIII.

East vs West all over again...

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViewFromTheStars
This is all find and dandy and there has been many 'rumors' and preparations for war with Iran for some time now. The thing I would be more concerned about is the 'terror' attack that will be the justification for the attack on Iran. You can bet your bottom dollar that the folks that are gearing all this up for Iran are also 'getting ready' for the terror attack that will be used to justify everything.

I feel the same way Stars! I predict within the next two months the conflict with Iran will be under way!

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mel1962
That's see Carriers will be in place by mid March . . .

. . . new moon March 18-21 . . .

. . . Oh Yeah . . . and . . . Iran stops accepting dollars for oil on March 21!

Geez . . . I don't know when they will attack?

mel1962

Im gunna come looking for you on these boards in April ok and see what you have to say

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join