It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Findings About the Fungus Among Us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The latest findings support the theory that fungi are part of the animal not plant kingdom. An interesting read so I thought I would post for those intrigued.

Scientists outline new findings on evolution of fungi
CORVALLIS, Ore. - A major new study involving 35 scientific laboratories in seven countries used complex genetic analysis to provide new insights into the ancient evolution and development of fungi - a kingdom of organisms that, along with plants and animals, comprises one of the major groups of life on Earth.

Research of this type is invaluable, scientists say, because it helps answer some of the most fundamental questions about biological evolution.

Personally I like my fungi (morels) fresh picked, sauteed and sittin next to a pile of grilled onions....

Oh almost forgot.... along with a med/rare porterhouse steak and a nice pint of ale...

Gotta go, I'm hungry.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I like eating my mushrooms in a darkened room with good music and some orange juice or cranberry juice to wash them down with. I also like a good smoke to go along with them. I keep a guitar around just in case and my nine cats like to come along for the ride and keep an eye on me.

join