It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Restricts New York Police Surveillance

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

You say I "assume' that we don't have the right to privacy while in public. I ask you to show me where it is written in law that we do have that right.

And I don't want your hopes and dreams. I want to see Supreme Court rulings that prove it.

You still haven't shown me where the Constitution protects your privacy while in public.

I am trying to educate people, while you are trying to sell them a bill of goods. You are harming those who would believe you without researching the facts.

Others have linked sources to back their arguements.You have not.You are not trying to educate.You have brought no facts to the discussion.

Again I will show you the law which gives Americans the right to privacy.

Amendment IV

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

The right to be secure in my person,imo,grants me to walk in public without fear of police intimidation,which I submit random taping is.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by shooterbrody

I wonder about the costs of this surveillance that we aren't considering, the personal pain for loss of privacy is tremendous, its awful when you are aware of it and do not have the financial means to fight it.

For the past six months I have been under police surveillance. I do not know why. The only thing I can think of is the fact that I refused to get involved with a married guy who hit on me (he's in law enforcement). My phone is tapped, I am followed to the grocery store, to my son's school, to the library. I am not involved in any political groups, I am a quiet stay at home mom. I have no criminal history I am a substitute teacher with my prints on file with the police. Yet I am being treated like a criminal. This man whose attentions I refused photographed me several times and followed me to the grocery store. At first I thought he was a stalker, but then others (we're in a small town) did as well. Its a god awful nightmare and I used to look up to our local police for their professionalism. Now I am experiencing what it is like to be presumed guilty. Its a terrible feeling for me. I think its one thing to talk about theories and another to experience this, its scary and awful. Its like having a disease this feeling of utter helplessness.

<< 1  2   >>

join