It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Way Forward for America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Rahter than the people of America allowing its Goverment to wage war against others and murder its own people in the process how about a different approach.

America, Canada and Mexico should all join together, America should halt its military rampage over the globe, wars do not need to be fought Europeans have learnt that. The populace of North America should be allowed to move freely, there should be one currency, banking system and armed forces for defence purposes only.

America's overseas possesions should be returned to their rightful owners, Alaska should be part of Canada. This north American Union will be able to trade fairly with the EU and the emerging far Eastern trading block.

The disgraceful amount of military spending the US does could be better spent by improving the living standards for Americans that require it rather than having a rich/poor populace, and go towards reducing the nations debt.

Patriot and other draconian legislation should be scrapped and there should be a peoples charter for the whole NA population. Bush, Cheney and co should be tried for crimes against humanity, all those involved in corporate corruption should be brought to justice. The American media should be made to tell the truth for a change.

Education levels in the US should be raised and people should be encouraged to travel abroad, cheaper modes of travel should be introduced, education should include the teaching of different cultures etc. Health care should be state run with free health care for all people. The CIA, NSA etc. should be made to account for their actions and be answerable to the people, Nasa should not be controlled by the Military.

Gun control should be introduced, stringent checks should be introduced before any person is allowed to own them and the Police should undergo this process as well. The long term goal would be to remove them from society completely.

A external group of experts in every field including a group of American lay people should investigate who was really responcible for 9/11 and the perps should be brought to justice. The American troops shoud be brought home from Iraq/Afganistan and reparations to those countries should be made. The prisoners at Gitmo should be allowed due process and the camp should be closed down.

Failure to change will result in the demise of American from the world stage.

df1

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
America, Canada and Mexico should all join together...

If Canada & Mexico wish to petition to become states I'd have no problem.

The disgraceful amount of military spending ...

This spending provides no return to the public and it should be curtailed in a dramatic fashion.

Patriot and other draconian legislation should be scrapped...

Legislation of this type has nothing to do with freedom or patriotism. It must be repealed.

The American media should be made to tell the truth for a change.

Local ownership of television and radio media should be required, along with aggressively forcing the media to provide equal time. These are the public airwaves, they do not belong to the media conglomerates that tell us whatever BS they desire. The FCC should not involve itself in trivial morality enforcement such as Janet Jackson's breasts and Prince's shadow genitalia

Education levels in the US should be raised...

Education needs to be subsidized by the government proportionately to grades up to 100% for students with a 4.0 grade point average.

people should be encouraged to travel abroad, cheaper modes of travel should be introduced, education should include the teaching of different cultures etc.

The government has no business encouraging or discouraging travel.

Health care should be state run with free health care for all people.

Without a doubt.

The CIA, NSA etc. should be made to account for their actions and be answerable to the people...

Black budgets & programs need to be made fully public, so that we can have strong oversight of the actions done in our name. Our enemies and allies already know about this stuff, the only people being kept in the dark are the American people.

Nasa should not be controlled by the Military.

Both civilian and military use of space is needed. Other countries are a genuine threat in this area, so the military has its place.

Gun control...

We are suppose to be a constitutional republic, if this country wishes to impose gun control it must be done via a constitutional amendment. We have a constitution for a reason and it protects us from government stupidity if we use it. Violating the constitution by invading Iraq without a declaration war as is required by the constitution is what got us into our current predicament.

A external group of experts in every field including a group of American lay people should investigate who was really responcible for 9/11 and the perps should be brought to justice.

Sure, but lets not bankrupt the treasury doing it. 99.9% of our resources should be used to move forward. It happened and most folks have already decided what they believe. We will probably never get to the real truth until time and age put the key players down to RIP.

The American troops shoud be brought home from Iraq/Afganistan and reparations to those countries should be made.

In those locations and many others.

The prisoners at Gitmo should be allowed due process and the camp should be closed down.

Of course. Regardless of the actions of those that oppose the US, we need to hold ourselves to a higher standard.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Such irony that whenever I come on and say these things I get trolled for the next month and a half, yet someone else says it and they are left alone. Irony, a sick irony. I have been saying this for years however it does nothing but cause heart attacks because people refuse to listen to me on here so as to understand what I am saying, they all accuse me of NWO. Anyway, I think someone on ATS is starting to agree with me, well two people, sadly it means NOTHING untill you do something in real life. I am prepping to do something, how about you? I have taken measures, how about you? Words are words, but actions speak louder than words.

new topics

join