It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't know what this was.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Last night I awoke around 1:30 in the morning for no apparent reason. My television was on, to the right of my bed, lighting the room somewhat and the door to the hallway on the left, was open half way with some light filtering in.

At the foot of my bed off to my one o'clock, I saw a dark disk floating about five feet off the ground. The center was transparent. The outer edges thin and cloudy. It had a diameter of maybe six inches. It changed angles much like the a spinning top does before it loses it's balance. I watched it closely for five seconds or so, and did a quick pan around the room looking for people what might be pulling a prank with strings and something. It was only me. I looked back, it was still there so I kicked at it. As I moved my foot away it was gone.

I've been living in this house in the same room for 24 years. This is the first time I've experienced anything like this. I try to explain it to myself as some sort of psychological anomaly but want to share it here.

Has anyone ever had a similar experience?

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Are you sure you wern't dreaming or that you were looking at something with clouded vision?

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I am sure about dreaming because I was shaken after the experience and proceeded to walk around the house checking on where everyone else was at the time. My mother was still awake in the room downstairs and I spoke with her at that time.

Clouded vision is a possibility. I'm a grad student of biology with a concentration in behavioral neuroscience. This is the possibility that I first try to sell to myself. However after watching it for 5-6 seconds, then looking around the room only to see that it was still there, I question the clouded vision somewhat. Right now I'm only 5% confident that what I saw was paranormal, but I wanted to share the experience here.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Hi carlwfbird,

I have never experienced what you have described, but I found it similar to what my son sometimes experiences. Sometimes when he wakes up in the middle of the night, he sees glowing green Kanji (characters used in Japanese, Chinese, and Korean languages) all over his walls.

Needless to say, he cannot read or speak any of these languages, and it frightens him. (although he cannot tell me why it does) I have thought about it and it seems that in both his exprience and yours, you are able to see "trans-dimensionally".

I do not know if you have ever heard of that concept before, or if it makes any kind of sense to you. When people first wake up, or meditate, they are in touch with more subtle energies that are overwhelmed by our normal physical senses. Have you ever had an experience similar to what you have just described?(i.e. seeing or hearing something when you first wake up and then having it disappear?)

I dont think that your experience has to do with your place of residence, but instead with a different perception on your part. I am curious as to what you think your experience was about. Do you think it was a visitation, an apparition, or something to that effect? I think it is impotant to remember how you felt about the object being there, because I think this will be a great clue as to what you experienced.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

[edit on 2/15/2007 by sylvrshadow]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
One feeling was visitation. My grandfather lived here for about 40 years. Twenty of those years I was here. The anniversary of his death was just last week, February 8th.

Other feelings is that I thought it somewhat met a description of a shadow person.

I've had a couple of other experiences that I haven't been able to describe at various locations.
Once before I thought I saw something of this nature when I was rehearsing in a brand new concert hall at Drew University. That experience I posted here. www.abovetopsecret.com...'
That experience was two years ago.

Another experience, also at Drew University was about seven years ago when I worked at a theatre on campus as a prospective student and a volunteer for the company.
That one is here: www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Finally one last experience from maybe ten years ago - that I haven't shared on here.
I used to work with my father cutting lawns for some huge estates in the Bedminister area in New Jersey.
On one remote portion of the estate, the ride-on mower that I was driving died. I popped the hood open to check the gas - it was full. I was surprised though that the engine was dead cold. I had to walk out of the area to tell my dad that the mower died. We walked back, he tried starting it there, and it still didn't work. We left together again and came back with his pickup truck to tow it out of there. When we brought it back to the garage, it worked fine. Turns out this happened to my dad a couple times in the same place before. I later learned several years later that the property owner's deceased husband committed suicide in that general area of the property.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
To play the role of the skeptic, take a toll of all the circular objects in your room (especially things like clock faces that could reflect light). Could the t.v. have thrown a reflection off of somthing (maybe one of those round things, maybe something round-ish)? If that's the case then the object disapearing could be accounted for by the scene on the t.v. changing and thus emitting a differnet color/intensity of light. Not finding anything? Is there a window in line with where the object was? Could a source of light outside have beent he cause, through an effect like that of a watch making a little light circle or maybe light being reflected ins omething glass and looking like it was close? (consider that last one especially, at night bright lights and reflections can play with your depth perceptin and sense of position)

Sounds interesting, I hope you get around to looking into some of the things I've mentioned and hope it helps.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
well idk it could be something to do with a reflection but it could also be something else.

My name is David Gallegos and im with Ironside Paranormal Research.
we are an organization that investigates paranormal accurances. we are currently located in Phoenix,Arizona but are willing to travel to check out your problem. if this keeps happening you should give us a call.

this is the link to our website

***SNIP***

just check us out and send us an email

Mod Edit - Advertising

bare in mind that this site is still partially under construction but im getting it worked out.

[edit on 10-9-2007 by lombozo]

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I woke up once and saw a green face floating in my room, at the end of my bed. It was the actor John Thaw.

Shudder.

Hypnogogy. Dream overlap.

If I don't drink enough I sleep bad. Waking up every few minutes. It got so bad once that I was dreaming while I was awake. There was no difference.

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
what's REALLY freaky is when your TV turns on in the middle of the night and the volume cranks up to max. turns out the buttons below the screen had corroded contacts from people using windex on it at the store. (it was a floor model)

top topics

join