It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2000 year old stone carving of the 10 commandments in New Mexico?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by CinLung-Part-3
Alrite, we don't even know for sure Moses and 10 commandments do exist, but now they found the stones.

WAKE UP DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GIVE IT UP you christian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is no joke, you are ruining people and next generations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Correct, exactly.

That's why this thread is dead. When you speak the truth, the discussion dies away.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Momon or King Solomon's sailors; I had never heard of the NM tablet, nor the other Hebrew markings in the New World that date to 1000 BC. Why have the Cable 'special' science channels never explored the implications of a Jewish presence in the Americas? I have read of maps that were rather accurate that date to 1500, but included areas that had yet to be visited by earl European explorers. Seems like we need more answers.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I do not dismiss that Hebrews could have traveled to the americas at any point in history.I do not think this is evidence though.
Any culture could have traveled anywhere on earth.It would be utterly foolish to assume that early humans where not smart enough to cross the oceans.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
It takes time to develop a deep sea capacity. Some societies have done so and demonstrated it by colonizing far islands, Madascagar and Easter Island coming to mind. Some cultures developed no sea travel capacity while others stuck with coastal travel.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
interesting post. Not sure if I can agree but need more research

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Just found this video:

Hope to have Dr Barry Fells second book that might go into
this subject that puts Israelis in America 9th Century BC
and Christians in America 800AD.

ED: The Ships of Tarshish in Psalm 48 and 72 and noted by
the prophet Isaiah - Dr. Barry Fell Chapter 8 "America B.C."

[edit on 1/26/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Dr. Fell's videos still won't help. The Jews never worshiped or attached any significance to the 10 commandments (according to them, there are 613 commandments; not 10), and the version given is the one in the Protestant Bible... not the older Catholic Bible.

Here's one link to the 613 Mitzvot (commandments). Only one of them is drawn from the 10 commandments:
www.religionfacts.com...

[edit on 27-1-2010 by Byrd]

[edit on 27-1-2010 by Byrd]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

What are you talking about? The Ark of the Covenent which the Jews carried all over creation held the stone tablets inscribed with the 10 Commandments.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I haven't looked into the case that much but the presence in America
from the Near East seems to be true.
People making erroneous statements on the Commandments can't
remove evidence of the ancient presence.
Boat hulls are seen along dyed out river beds along with markings
from the crew are the ancient signs.
Trying to prove the 10 Commandments side of the story might be
more difficult.
People taking off on world crossing sea voyages might not be that
religious or take religion with them.
The big find seems to be the early settlers had ancient ties.
What Dr. Fell apparently proved in his first book is that they were
interested in feeding themselves for survival by checking for
spring and harvest times.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
What Dr. Fell apparently proved in his first book is that they were
interested in feeding themselves for survival by checking for
spring and harvest times.

"They"? Which "They"?

The only thing that Fell ever proved was...in the words of a well-regarded North-eastern archaeologist..."As an epigrapher, Barry Fell was one heck of a marine biologist."

I have walked one of his singular examples myself (pg 307-09 America BC) with a native guide who pointed out Fell's numerous errors, extrapolations and intuitive leaps. 'Sunship', me arse...it's a turtle and a canoe...the line being arbitrarily added when the petroglyphs were 'interpreted'. That's another story on its own.

There ain't no proof beyond "L'ans aux Meadows"...not yet, anyway.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Error not in 6th edition as those pages are the index.
"America B.C." used the markings he found in the Pacific Islands.
He some how carved out a new career from marine biologist.
I figured the institutionalist side of things never caught up.
www.equinox-project.com...
and
www.equinox-project.com...
some Dr. Fell pages.
Sounds like he came put of the sea on to land and was not welcome.
Bill Lyne and Dr. Fell went for some routine photo work and had to
miss out due to unfavorable ranch owners decisions however not
actually from archeologist that might be favored at the site.
Some times a mechanical engineer might do wonders in electrical
engineering.
ED:
en.wikipedia.org...
Yes, I see:

The site remains the only widely-accepted instance of pre-Columbian trans-oceanic contact,

Go with the flow.

[edit on 1/27/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
While this thread happened I was assessing this site and put up the best documentation of it on the internet as a followup to my work in the Middle East from which I'd learned of it.

It is the best example of the only Monospace Alphabetic Script being the Paleo-Hebrew of the original Tablets -the first document written with the Alphabet- the 'mother script' that went out with the exile of Israel and captivity of Judah in Babylon.

Approaching it as an Israelite Wilderness Tabernacle locale from the 'Old Testament' historical period, I began surveying it and then came to learn there had been a great book written about this site called "Discovery of Ancient America" by David Allen Deal (1993). At that time a local man had already removed a piece of the rock and had it on his mantle as if 'alien writing'...

12 years later the first real vandalism happened to the stone when a bucket of roofing tar was poured over it, a group of women then took solvent up and scrubbed it off with wire brushes, and it had not even fully dried when it was struck again and the top line was badly effaced with a pick-axe (the word HOTzATIKah 'brought you out' was nearly taken out!).

Turns up the location was known from the mid 1800's to the Hunings and it was inquired of by them early on at the County seat, but it wasn't brought to the awareness of academia until Thor Warner happened through the area on a survey for petroleum interests in 1926, he noted it as a "Fortification Mesa" in connection to a "Pottery Mound" immediately downstream.

We now know that this 'clean place' is mediate between that place (where ships were kept) and a handful of fields for agriculture (squash and beans) extending upstream. We've recovered pottery of every type and stone tools as well as obsidian, recorded all the area inscriptions, and interpreted most (translation of a few apparently Greek pends knowledge of the language used by the other party indigenous at the time).

Of greatest importance was the Zodiac Table /Starchart at the Northernmost point of the Mesa which has a YaH in Libra commemorating a Solar Eclipse on September 27, 759 BCE revealing several planets in alignment which explains the glyph (found worldwide!) as a sounding together of the vowels in a descending scale of tones (iy eh uw oh uh ah).

This place has the name of GOD written severally within the "Commandments" on the massive boulder below, and also in the Altar at the highest place conscripted to the Biblical LORD YeHaUaH, which is situated exactly 60 miles due NW of Trinity where the first Atomic Bomb was detonated (officially) on the same plain.

[edit on 2010/4/12 by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by etshrtslr

Fantastic! Thanks for bringing this information to my attention.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
really cool find, here is 2010 article on the subject, good read.

www.wnd.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I know that this is an old thread, but I wanted to share what I know about the mystery stone anyway. The markings were cleaned and deppened by people from the University of New mexico in an attempt to make it more legible and easier to translate. This happened in the 1980's, I don't know the exact date. That is why the carvings look newer than they are. There have been other translations made of the carvings. Some have said it is not hebrew in origin, but possibly ancient greek or phoenician and is a tale of the warrior Zakyneros that was isolated and struggling to survive in the wilderness here. It is a very interesting find and the Native American tribes of the area knew of the stones existince. They have stated that the stone pre dates their history here. It amuses me how things are well known by the locals but are never "discovered" until a white man sees it.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by borracho
I know that this is an old thread, but I wanted to share what I know about the mystery stone anyway. The markings were cleaned and deppened by people from the University of New mexico in an attempt to make it more legible and easier to translate. This happened in the 1980's, I don't know the exact date. That is why the carvings look newer than they are. There have been other translations made of the carvings. Some have said it is not hebrew in origin, but possibly ancient greek or phoenician and is a tale of the warrior Zakyneros that was isolated and struggling to survive in the wilderness here. It is a very interesting find and the Native American tribes of the area knew of the stones existince. They have stated that the stone pre dates their history here. It amuses me how things are well known by the locals but are never "discovered" until a white man sees it.

Or the tribe or a member of it - publishes the information

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join