It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of captured Iraqi US soldier surfaced

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Report: Missing Iraqi-American in Video
Associated Press
BAGHDAD, Iraq - A Shiite militant group has released a video of an Iraqi-American soldier who was kidnapped nearly four months ago while visiting his wife in downtown Baghdad, an American television network reported Wednesday.

The U.S. government has offered a $50,000 reward leading to the recovery of Iraqi-born American Army translator Ahmed Qusai al-Taayie, a 41-year-old reserve soldier from Ann Arbor, Mich., who was abducted by gunmen on Oct. 23.

www.sanluisobispo.com...

Disappointing, i had hoped the resistance would kill this traitor.

Perhaps they haven't done so because he is a US citizen.

Perhaps his iraqiness and hence treatury is under question.

Or maybe it's just that his pathetic excuse for a life isn't worth cutting short with a bullet but more valuable as a bargaining chip. The money they are ransoming him with would help the cause, but i doubt they'll get a dime, really if he has an iraqi visa they should just shoot him now, don't even video it, it's not worth the time.

BTW. this new shia group are called "ahlul bayt". Told ya the shia's where against you. What are you doing in iraq?

[edit on 15-2-2007 by Syrian Sister]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
That's a great attitude- kill people that don't agree with your views, and you wonder why the middle east is FUBAR. If they could ever get their act together and progress beyond 12th century culture, there may be hope for them yet. Exactly how is this soldier a traitor? If he's Iraqi by heritage, and loves Iraq and wants a better future for it, wouldn't that make him a patriot? Apparently the 60 or 70 percent of Iraqis that participated in the elections, looking for a brighter future are traitors too by the line of reasoning you're using.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
SS is always going on about how evil we are... She's just an instigator who apparently likes talking to Americans about how horrible they are... She spouts off a lot about the resistance, but spends most of her time on the computer ranting on about us... Apparently she can't walk the walk...

SS, to you I say quit talking and go join your doomed resistance... I'm sure there is a round in some chamber somewhere with your name on it...

[edit on 15-2-2007 by MasterJedi]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
How is this guy a traitor?

He's an ethnic iraqi, not an iraqi citizen. Its bunk to say that because he is an ethnic iraqi that he must give loyalty to the iraqi state. He left iraq when hussein was in power, he doesn't owe loyalty to hussein, or any of the militias or even the government that is in power now. He's in an army that is trying to create stability and peace in iraq, he's being threatened by people that are carrying out attacks on iraqi civilians. He's not the traitor, they are.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
You want to talk about traitors SS? you are an AUSTRALIAN! and you are supporting the jihadists? why dont you renounce you australian citizenship? come on traitor, back your rhetoric up. This is exactly why the west should not grant citizenship to these nutjobs.

I just hope you get a nice cell in guantanamo bay with a joseph mangla like doctor that routinely subjects you to experimentation and sodomizes you.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Xphiles, this isn't about SS or any other member. No discussion on ATS is about other members. Stick to the topic to avoid further warns.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I made friends with Iraqis over there, and had some cool pictures to prove it, but no one called me a traitor when I came back home. People here understand that not everyone in Iraq is against us being there, most but not all.

It's hard to believe that someone could just sit behind a computer and say, "They should have just killed him already". I'm hoping that you yourself SS aren't also asking why the U.S. is still in Iraq, but if you are, review your comments, and that may just give you the answer.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister

Perhaps they haven't done so because he is a US citizen.

I won't say anything against this viewpoint, but it disappoints me that people even today feel the best way to deal with treason/traitors is to kill them (not a personal attack, the mindset in general). Come on, depending on your viewpoint everyone can be labeled a traitor.

And up until recently, I think treason was still punishable by death in the UK, how backward is that? (I have no idea about the US)

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I love how people can say what a life is worth. Hoping for death, how hypocritical.

How does your life compare Syrian?

allah-ackbar and all the jive right?

[edit on 15-2-2007 by Lysergic]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
First the definition: Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in Open Court. —U.S. Constitution, Article III, Section 3.
www.usconstitution.net..." target="_blank" class="postlink">LINK

Second the laws: Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States. I can't say for certainty how current this link is, if anyone finds this to be an old or revised law, please let me know so I can delete this.

www.law.cornell.edu..." target="_blank" class="postlink">LINK

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
jedi

Apparently she can't walk the walk...

No i can't. but if i could i certainly would.

But your one to talk, i don't see you in any warzones. a bullet with my name on it?
i'm sensing some hostility here. I know you are angry, but you really shouldn't be, i'll bet we aren't even different you and i

nygdan

How is this guy a traitor?

He's an ethnic iraqi, not an iraqi citizen. Its bunk to say that because he is an ethnic iraqi that he must give loyalty to the iraqi state. He left iraq when hussein was in power, he doesn't owe loyalty to hussein, or any of the militias or even the government that is in power now. He's in an army that is trying to create stability and peace in iraq, he's being threatened by people that are carrying out attacks on iraqi civilians. He's not the traitor, they are.

LOL, the resistance are traitors for fighting against the occupation of their country?? i guess the french resistance where traitors too right, and the collaborators where the patriots!! LOL !!!!!!! You live in a topsy tervy world, worse than the orwellian nightmare.

But in saying he isn't a citizen and hence can't be considered a traitor, i guess that depends on when he became a citizen, before or after the war. Still, it's probably why the dirt is still alive today.

Just like that time they captured that lebanese/US soldier. So verging on execution but they traded him instead.

XphilesPhan

Your concerns are about my loyalties to australia are warranted, and i'd like to adress them.

First of all, i am not acting against australia's interests, on the contrary , it is in the interests of the australian people that this war ends and that howard is brought to justice.

Secondly, if australia was invaded i would support the national liberation struggle.

Thirdly, if Syria invaded and occupied a recognised soveriegn nation, i would be against it. AND just for the record, i was against syria's occupation of lebanon even though that was between to allied nations who hadn't gone to war much like america has bases in australia.

To be a true patriot is to not want your countries history tarnished by commiting crimes in your name!!! I would support the right side in any case not just on principle but because i wouldn't want history to think the whole country agreed with what is happening. Being a true patriot has nothing to do with supporting imperialism, I belive that those in the US trying to bring down bush and who support the rightful resistance are teh real Patriots. Because it is clear to anyone bush is ruining their country, even if they where winning the war.

Fourthly, i am would never back down from my obligation or duty to anything. I'm no traitor. If ever i was forced to act against australia for example if australia invaded syria. Then i guarrantee you that i would renounce my australian citizen ship. I don't deny that i owe allegence to australia, but that doesn't mean supporting crime. And don't forget i owe allegiance to Iraq to.

As for what you hope happens to me, Atleast you know what really happens in guantanamo bay.
I guess you think your some kind of patriot for supporting it right?

behind the light

I'm hoping that you yourself SS aren't also asking why the U.S. is still in Iraq, but if you are, review your comments, and that may just give you the answer.

Reviewing them only leads to this answer. You are over there to protect your criminal traitor collaborators?

No body cares about those self serving scum but you, not the shia, not the sunni, and they obviously want you out of the country. So again i ask you, why are you wasting your lives on the walking dead?

apex

but it disappoints me that people even today feel the best way to deal with treason/traitors is to kill them

What else would you suggest?

Lysergic

How does your life compare Syrian?

That a matter of personal opinion isn't it.

-----------------------------------

Finally.

COLLABORATING WITH AN OCCUPIER IS THE HIGHEST FORM OF TREASON.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Well SS if there ever was a reason to fight in Iraq you come on this board over and over to establish living proof of that reason.You speak of killing as if you are wearing a white gown....But as a person who has been there fighting (not on a computer) I can say I to think we should leave and let those people do our work for us.Just a side note how is it down under this time of year?LMAO get over yourself your not tokyo rose so let it go.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   

but it disappoints me that people even today feel the best way to deal with treason/traitors is to kill them

What else would you suggest?

well life imprisonment, proper life imprisonment, unlike what happens in the UK where they get about 20 years would seem a good idea. like i said, treason depends on your view, at least a little. For example, see further up this thread.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 02:31 AM
link   

You know what, I'm just gonna say whats on my mind reguardless of the consequenses. Because in this case its worth it. *SNIP* You wish death like that on someone because they dont agree with you? Or becasue they believe in a different cause? Please answer those questions.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 16/2/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
SS is on this site simply to wind up people. Anyone can just pick out some news report and then give their opinion. She just rants on about killing so and so, knowing that most people will disagree with her, so she gets her argument. She's done it before if I remember rightly. dn:

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
""Reviewing them only leads to this answer. You are over there to protect your criminal traitor collaborators?

No body cares about those self serving scum but you, not the shia, not the sunni, and they obviously want you out of the country. So again i ask you, why are you wasting your lives on the walking dead?""

Now to me SS it sounds like you've been to Iraq and talked to every single person there, but it seems to me that you are way off. I knew a guy named Meechel there who loved AC/DC and Eminem and a lot of other American style things, loved that we were there and all the help we gave to his business, friends and family. I have many more stories of people just like this one, but this story alone proves that you are just talking with your own opinions.

[edit on 16-2-2007 by BehindTheLight]

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
the rhetoric that is posted is why we are there, and why there is civil unrest in the middle east. I mean, you seem to be very jealous that you cannot yourself 'kill' an American soldier, yet at the same time it is your attitude that causes the death of your brothers and sisters.

Do you realize that it is not the US that is supplying those who are causing the chaos in the middle east? Do you realize that a certain government is supplying both sides of the Sunni/Shia conflict? Your own people are killing your own people, and we are there to try to patrol and show them that they can stand up for themselves.

But those like yourself sit blocks away to hit that Iraqi national or US soldier with a rife or kidnap them and kill them like dogs.

If you could settle your own religious difference and quit killing each other, maybe you could come into the 21st century with everyone else.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I give that soldier my highest respects. I don't think that someone should be loyal to their country if they don't believe in what it stands for. In fact, I think it is a sign of strength that someone would fight to make that country better. Who better to go into your home country and clean things up than yourself? Your home will always be a part of you and it is your job to protect it at all costs.

I would fight next to that soldier anyday. I will fight for that soldier.

On a side note. Don't focuse on SS, try to keep your minds on the topic. There is no need to make things personal. I for one, am glad that SS is letting her point of view be know from a place where she can safely do so. Those on the front lines don't always have in internet readly avalible to let their side be known.

People have to be free to say what they wish. I will fight for that freedom, that dosen't just go for the US.

Styki

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I have spilled blood in that mud and soon will be going back so I think we should talk abot SS it is the whole reason this conflict is not over yet people like him/her.The mojority of the people in Iraq are good hard working people like we are and if we can help them make a country a place they can live in safe from the SS of the world I'll keep going back.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
boaz1234

Well SS if there ever was a reason to fight in Iraq you come on this board over and over to establish living proof of that reason.You speak of killing as if you are wearing a white gown....But as a person who has been there fighting (not on a computer) I can say I to think we should leave and let those people do our work for us.Just a side note how is it down under this time of year?LMAO get over yourself your not tokyo rose so let it go.

Oh i see, the reason to start a war to kill people, is because of those who legitimately fight back against you once you've started it. Logical.

You must be just so frustrated that you didn't get all those flowers you were promised, thrown at you. You expect to start a war and have no one fight back? LUDICROUS!

Anyway TOO ALL, it doesn't matter what i think. The resistance has decided NOT to execute him.

Despite of what you think of me. Remember that.

I never claimed to be great in anyway. I have always claimed that THEY are great.

I have spilled blood in that mud and soon will be going back so I think we should talk abot SS it is the whole reason this conflict is not over yet people like him/her.The mojority of the people in Iraq are good hard working people like we are and if we can help them make a country a place they can live in safe from the SS of the world I'll keep going back.

You must think something of yourself. I'll admit that i am nobody. But you, you are nothing but cannon fodder for haliburton. Atleast I don't allow myself to be used, atleast i'm not a tool to anyone, i have a mind of own. To the war profiteers, Enron and co, you my dear are LESS than nothing. Sad pawns, occupiers like you are often forgotten and swept away in the ashes of history.

Oh and here is something a little perplexing, one minute you think you should leave and "let them do our work for us" and the next minute you are talking yourself into having a reason to stay. How hard it must be for you to live in a world of lies, inside konwing you are spilling your blood for nothing. You lie to yourself constantly just so you can make it through the next day, don't you?

P.S.Lol, him/her . Does pretending i am a male some how make it easier for you? HAHAHA, that's pitiful.

apex

It might suprise you to know that i'm against capital punishment. But i must make an exception when it comes to war time, and when you are dealing with traitors and mercinaries.
You talk about the law in the UK being 20 years, but i guarrantee you if the war crossed to within your borders, that law would change, fast.
Your idea is utopian, but ultimately i think it is justified for resistance movements to shoot collaborators.

If only you knew how disgusting the collaborators are, if you knew what i knew, i don't think you'd still feel the way you do.

ludaChris

You wish death like that on someone because they dont agree with you? Or becasue they believe in a different cause? Please answer those questions.

Neither. I think traitors deserve to die because they KILL their own people for nothing but money and power that their master occupier hands down to them.

It's never ideas, but actions.

Hermann

SS is on this site simply to wind up people. Anyone can just pick out some news report and then give their opinion. She just rants on about killing so and so, knowing that most people will disagree with her, so she gets her argument. She's done it before if I remember rightly. dn:

Heh, I am here for the truth . I'd like nothing more than for people to agree with me.
.But, i'll give you one thing. i'd be lying if i said i don't enjoy a good arguement.

BehindTheLight

Now to me SS it sounds like you've been to Iraq and talked to every single person there, but it seems to me that you are way off. I knew a guy named Meechel there who loved AC/DC and Eminem and a lot of other American style things, loved that we were there and all the help we gave to his business, friends and family. I have many more stories of people just like this one, but this story alone proves that you are just talking with your own opinions.

You crack me up, you assume so much, assumptions are where most mistakes are born.

My cousin living in Syria was a big fan of eminem at one stage and many things from America and Europe. You think that I don't like Eminem??? Perhaps you haven't seen mosh. This "they are against the west" is nothing but propoganda. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CULTURE. It has everything to do with dignity and independence, in other words, freedom.

Liking Eminem doesn't mean that people are prepaired to bend over backwards to your imperialist agenda, and allow you to take their resources and their independence. Liking elements of american culture doesn't mean iraqies are going to allow you to take over their country.

How do i know? Let's just say i know my family better than you do.

esdad71

Do you realize that it is not the US that is supplying those who are causing the chaos in the middle east? Do you realize that a certain government is supplying both sides of the Sunni/Shia conflict? Your own people are killing your own people, and we are there to try to patrol and show them that they can stand up for themselves.

yea, that's the kind of propoganda your media is coming out with these days isn't it. You old peace keepers you, how benevolant. Never mind that you are behind the majority of the bombings secterian or otherwise. And your reasons for that is just as you demonstrate, to sprout out this crap. Divide and conquer, oldest trick in the book.

Styki

I don't think that someone should be loyal to their country if they don't believe in what it stands for. In fact, I think it is a sign of strength that someone would fight to make that country better

i find that ironic coming from you. But you know there is a difference between collaborating with an occupier against your own country, and fighting against a bad government that is leading your country astray
Yes you should not stand by your country if it is commiting a crime, but to ask for the invasion and occupation of your own country, that is no right under any circumstance. Standing up against your government doesn't mean you applaud tanks taring though your country. Can you not see this obvious difference.

Don't focus on SS, try to keep your minds on the topic. There is no need to make things personal.

Thanks.

I for one, am glad that SS is letting her point of view be know from a place where she can safely do so.

I don't know about that. There is no such thing as freedom of speech anywhere. You think that i'm safe saying what i say? Think again, but i'm going to say it anyway.

Those on the front lines don't always have in internet readly avalible to let their side be known.

That's why i'm here. Sometimes they bring out videos in english, but people aren't prepaired to see what they have trained themselves to be blind to.

People have to be free to say what they wish. I will fight for that freedom, that dosen't just go for the US.

You say you fight for freedom, maybe in words, but your actions are the opposite, you are taking away peoples freedom when you fight against a national liberation struggle. You just don't see it do you?

"Say what you think, do what you say" Che Guevara.

[edit on 18-2-2007 by Syrian Sister]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join