It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animated gif. files

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I am wondering if anyone knows if an animated gif. file can be resized and still retain the animation. I have tried to resize the picture using microsoft paint but I always loose the animation aspect of the image. I am very new to image alteration and I only have microsoft paint to work with. Can someone help me?

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
you need to get a gif animator, a good free one is animagic. You break the gif down frame by frame, resize then put it all back together. Kinda time consuming but it does the trick. Just opening it in paint and saving it only shows the first frame. You need an animator. If you have Adobe Image Ready you may wanna tinker with that a bit but Animagic is the way to go if you're cheap like me

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Thanks ShAuNmAn-X

I just downloaded animagic and it seems pretty cool. I think I'm going to enjoy working with it.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Cool, glad I could help. If you need anything feel free to U2U me. I'm pretty familiar with the program

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   
"ULead" Gif Animator costs a little, but it allows you to resize, adjust time frames and even some color correction all in Photoshop like manner...

It displays the gif frame by frame, but performs the adjustments automatically...

Semper

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Hi, I have a question about animated GIFs..........can I use an animated GIF for my mini-profile background with an animated GIF avatar?

Any advice please?

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Here's a FREE online gif editor that will resize or crop animated gifs for you.

www.gifworks.com...

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
My gifs are right dimentions and below recommended filesizes.

My querie was more of a compatibility issue.

I have not seen anyone using an animated gif for a background image!!

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
I have not seen anyone using an animated gif for a background image!!

You can but, I believe the gif will tile.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   

background images must not be more than 50k in size

It's hard to get a good animated image at that size that works well. As Sauron mentioned it will end up repeating and usually looks horrible. Good luck with that.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I understand about the 50k limit......I was struggling for ages until I used "Adobe Image Ready".

Amazing

I could not believe how much info I could get into a tiny little file (up to 78 frames at 128 colours!).

Lots of tweeking and great fun. Suprising what one can learn doing CG from a desperate desire to achieve the impossible.

I guess that's what drives me to do these things and push my limits of creative capabilities.

I'm completely self taught in most things. Trial and error...........not being afraid to make mistakes and always willing to get things wrong.

If I can help anyone else in making avatars, backgrounds or gifs etc, just U2U me.

new topics

top topics

join