It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the burmuda triangle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
i started this thread to find out what people think the Bermuda triangle is and what happens to all the people who disappear there.
personally i think that the meteor that killed the dinosaurs is there acting as a giant magnet, witch would explain all the plane and ship disappearances.

whats your theory

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   
The area everyone calls the Bermuda Triangle merely has an extremely high volume of traffic. It is on the access route to the Gulf of Mexico, Florida, and the entire western Caribbean.

# collisions are only to be expected.

The only sus thing I found were all those plane disappearances, but I reckon large beds of methane gas, which is stored on the ocean floor, are the culprits for this. The stuff comes up in HUGE bubbles and would just either stop an engine or explode on contact.

Do a search on methane gas and you will see what I mean. It comes out of lakes and kills people all the time.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I agree with watch the rocks, the methane gas bubble theory is a plausible explanation for A LOT of the dissapearances. Also, many of the dissapearances that are associated with the bermuda triangle did not actually occur within the typical area known as the bermuda triangle. There have been numerous studies done showing that the rate of dissapearances in the "triangle" are not higher on average than any other high traffic shipping lanes. There are still some cases that are definately unexplained, and I think there is some sort of wierd electro-magnetic phenomena at work here, but in my opinion the whole "bermuda triangle" thing is mostly a myth that's been hyped and blown way out of proportion.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I saw a documentary one day (when i was skipping work) on the triangle and possible explanations.

The one that stuck out in my mind was a combination of methane gas and raydon (gas i believe)

It wasnt so much that the gas exploded on contact but more thbat the bubbles changed the density of the water, and when the ship hit that area, down they went.

At least thats what i remember from the show.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
anybody else got an oppinion

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
come on i know theres more theroies about it post them

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
this obviously isn't a very appealing topic to most people

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Your shamelessly bumping your own thread. But I'll add some comments. I've flown my own single engine plane through the triangle to the Caribbean four times. Once at night. I've never had anything unusual happen except that radio communications to ATC are all but impossible (unless you're flying in the 20's or above) until you get relatively close to Turks & Caicos. But that's always the case and anticipated. If necessary you can always relay messages through airliners.

I did see a Discovery Channel program on the triangle and the witness testimony was very compelling and was certainly not explainable through gas bubbles

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   
these days it seems that everyone believes in the gas,geology etc,of the area to explain the disapperences.obviously not all can be put down to the mystery of the triangle.but there's one thing that never gets mentioned anymore.(as everyone goes on about planes most of the time.)what about all the sailing vessels that disappear and then reappear in perfect condition with no on on board? or those that reappear with only the animals left? how can those be explained????

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by roswell1
i started this thread to find out what people think the Bermuda triangle is and what happens to all the people who disappear there.
personally i think that the meteor that killed the dinosaurs is there acting as a giant magnet, witch would explain all the plane and ship disappearances.

whats your theory

The last time I saw an impact estimate for the 'dinosaur killer', it was down in the Yucatan area, not up near Bermuda. Even if it was sitting under the 'Bermuda Triangle', it wouldn't be the cause of many disappearing planes / ships...being a natural source (even assuming that it had a strong enough magnetic field to cause navigation problems), it would be a constant source, and therefore, something that would soon be plotted on any good navigational chart.

My personal theory is that there isn't a 'Bermuda Triangle' in the sense that you mean. For one thing, the 'Triangle' doesn't seem to have a fixed location...it moves around to include whatever vanished aircraft / ship is under discussion at the time. For another, most of the 'mysteries' have very conventional explanations. To mention a couple of the 'classics': Flight 19 was located by coastal RDF gear as being 'way east of where the formation leader thought he was...navigational error combined with diminishing fuel is more than enough to account for them. No trace of the planes was found because the searchers were looking in the wrong place. Training 49 (The Martin PBM-5 Mariner that vanished while searching for Flight 19) was more than likely a midair explosion...the PBM-5 was a GREAT plane, but one of its few flaws was a habit of collecting fuel vapor inside the fuselage.

To make a long and rambling story short (I know, too late for that!
), I think the Triangle is a combination of typically unpredictable tropical weather, large volumes of traffic (a high percentage of which is less skilled than it ought to be), and sea stories.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I have read several things on the Bermuda triangle, 1 thing I read is about divers who attempted to find what was down below.

When they got to a certain depth there was an invisible force keeping them from going any deeper. They could see a greenish off white light glowing in the distance.

They resurfaced and attempted to figure out what they should do. Several months later they reattempted the dive and the same thing happened, the only difference was this time they brought a psychic with them.

When they resurfaced the psychic said there was a voice telling her that she was to stay away from there or she would suffer the consequences.

Later on that year the team had convinced a university to attempt to discover what was down there. The University team had discovered a statue holding a crystal with 3 pyramid shapes inside(not triangles 2D) the team took the crystal back to the university and tested it, what they found the crystal super amplified electrical energy kind of like the same way a coil would but stronger.

The psychic had detailed later that the crystal was one of many from the lost continent of Atlantis. Concluding perhaps that the Bermuda triangle was a possible point for the collapse of Atlantis.

As well the Bermuda triangle is one of twelve triangles known as the Devil's Triangles, staggered around the equator throughout the earth.

new topics

top topics

join