It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Anonymous Posts: super powers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Original Anonymous Post By: anon_95880
This anonymous post is in response to ATS thread: About Real-Life Super-Powers

i dont want to reveal my name, but i beleive i have super strenght. my dad was working under the car, and the jack broke, which should have killed him. i was standing near the car, and seeing the jack break i grabbed the edge underneath the car. holding it for 20 minutes, un beknownst to my dad. any comments?

I believe you reacted quick and rushed with enough adrenaline strength to lift the car quite easily because of a chemical intervention. There has been success storys related to this of ordinary people lifting large objects to save peoples lives. Good job,

7A

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I do not think it is adrenaline , Maybe you do have the gift of this super strength , humans are not ment to have this .

IF The only and first time that you where able to do it was when your father was about to die , Maybe if you recreate this in your mind you will be able to do it when ever.

I know my tigger for these powers i have Is music and movies, Maybe yours is intense conditions.

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Firstly, you didn't think to mention this to your Dad when it broke - why would you say nothing, surely you couldnt have known you would be able to hold it for 20 mins - I would have warned him. Did you both carry on for 20 minutes without the need to talk about anything? Beyond believable

Secondly, the Jack breaks in such a way as your Dad notices nothing? No breaking noise, no unexpected movement of the car? Looks like the law of physics left your garage for a brief period - perhaps Aliens stole them?

If you are going to make up crud like this on these forums, at least spend long enough thinking about it that you have to be above the education level of a nursery school child to realise it is total BS, or should that Super-BS

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
quackmaster maybe u shud rethink things too. if u wer in the this persons position and u realised that u wer actually holding up this car u wud be shocked, amazed, baffled, scared, u wud be thinking about so many different things like whats going on, how am i doing this. yes maybe the safest thing to do first was to warn him incase he cudnt lift it but shock affects things

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
OK, if that is the case - one simple question....

The father does not know this happend to this day...
The poster did not say anything to him....

How did the situation end without the father seeing what had happened? i.e. when he was finished and went to take the jack out or get up from being under the car why didn't he notice his son happened to holding the car up.

Shock can effect you true, but this shock was centred on the fact the son wanted to save his fathers life... shock is an element of survival instinct and the instinct would be to alert or effect the situation you are experiencing.

I can not even begin to humour the thought that this whole story is anything more than an amatuerish attempt to get a little attention. I have no doubt at all that this is 100% BS.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
my theory is that in everyones mind there is a door. no handle, no window, and the only way to open it is to beleive u can do what ever is behind that door.
some believe that the greatest gladiators have unloked it and others think subconcioesly that there is no door.
i sure that no matter what u can think of you just need the correct will power to do it.

posted on Feb, 16 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   
My argument is not that these things are possible, I personally believe they are - my point is purely that yet again we are being made to look like fools by someone posting a blatantly untrue account of something that some members on these forums take very seriously.

It is insulting to the intelligence of these people. Really, just think about the event he is describing - imagine yourself standing for 20 minutes with only your father in the room and at no point neither communicate about the fact the one is holding a car up. You also have to believe that the jack breaks with no noise and there is no sudden movement in the car. On top of that you then have to conclude the event with the father getting out from under the car when he has finished in such a way that a) he doesn't notice the jack is broken - surely he would ask what happened... b) The son lets the car down with out the father noticing... c) the father at no point looks at his son or talks to him in the 20 min period or when he has finsihed working and at the same time the son holds the car still and an almost perfect level - if the car was constantly moving a little the father would notice..

Capital B Capital S.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I agree that the story has major flaws but the subject is still a good one. When I read the title of the thread it made me think of 2 times in my life when I beleive I willed first my dad's truck and then years later my friends car from totalling losing control going about 65 down the freeway both times.

The first time I was helping my dad move and he had a 12 foot U-Haul trailer on his truck and he did not load it the greatest and the ding a lings at the U-Haul we went to did not give us the correct ball for the hitch. It did work but they should never have let us use it. Anyway we are going down the highway doing about 65. Luckily it was an early Saturday and in Wyoming so hardly any traffic. All of a sudden the trailer started to sway and my dad tried to correct it but within a few seconds in started to literally jump from lane to lane behind us, pulling my dads full size ford along with it. I remember my dad saying I can't hold it and to put my seatbelt on. It was a long time ago before people wore seatbelts faithfully. I said to him bull# dad and I believe my power or whatever you want to call it kept the truck from losing control. We should have wrecked big time.

The other time it was pretty much the same except for it wasn't a truck and did not have a U-Haul. It was my friends Ford something or other sporty type of car. We were going down the freeway and all of a sudden his car started to lose control, like the steering was going out from some kind of problem in the back wheels. There was a semi right next to us and he said almost the exact same thing, that we were going to wreck and to it was obvious that we were. I said pretty much the same thing as when I said it to my dad. It was weird it was like a repeat but I said B.S. we ain't going to crash and my power once again saved us.

That is what I thought about when I saw this thread. I am not saying this to sound like I am so cool I can stop cars from wrecking etc...But I do truely believe I willed them to stay in control some how.

I have 2 sisters, one named Carrie and one named Christine. I have always said that Stephen King needs to complete the trilogy and write Curtis which is my name. I just have a feeling he will one day. Wouldn;t it be cool if it was about a person with powers like that somehow. It could happen!

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Corvus,

At least you post with a plausible account. As I mentioned previously, I beleive in this phenomenon.

I think I have got on my soap box about this particular post because ATS used to be a great area to find people with a bit of integirty, but it seems to be losing that in the most important areas - such as UFO and Paranormal because to many muppets are being allowed to post blatant mis-truthes and hence you start getting people like me just getting increasingly frustrated with being duped by people waisting my time.

I know the admins repeatedly say - dont read it then, in which case, why have it there in the first place?

Suppose I just want a perfect world ;-)

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quackmaster
Corvus,

At least you post with a plausible account. As I mentioned previously, I beleive in this phenomenon.

I think I have got on my soap box about this particular post because ATS used to be a great area to find people with a bit of integirty, but it seems to be losing that in the most important areas - such as UFO and Paranormal because to many muppets are being allowed to post blatant mis-truthes and hence you start getting people like me just getting increasingly frustrated with being duped by people waisting my time.

I know the admins repeatedly say - dont read it then, in which case, why have it there in the first place?

Suppose I just want a perfect world ;-)

I understand the frustration. Maybe you have the super power of being able to stop bogus threads, so the search of truth will not be hindered and polluted.

It's the only thing I could think of. But it would be a handy super power.

new topics

top topics

join