It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lynch was the one who caught saddam

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 09:30 AM
link   
"Details are still a bit sketchy, but American forces in Iraq say a lot of the credit for tracking down Iraq's elusive dictator has to go to Private Jessica Lynch."

never did like the star that much i prefer the national post

www.thestar.com.../Layout/Article_Type1&call_pageid=971358637177&c=Article&cid=1071443408363

url link isn't working

[Edited on 18-12-2003 by f16falcon]

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 10:15 AM
link   
no offence, but that does sound a load of bollocks. i'm suprised that is from a Canadian site. if it was american i would have said it was making Lynch into a superheroine for the american public to love.

how long does it take to recover what happened to Lynch? i would have thought if you had open heart surgery it would take a long time, but then im not sure when she was injured

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 10:19 AM
link   
sooooo bogus........

"and to get the DVD box set of all the James Bond movies."

kinda funny joke though.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 10:24 AM
link   
What a load of crap.........

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I though it was Paris Hilton who went over there and found him...

Oh Well !

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 10:40 AM
link   
They must think people will swallow anything the government says... what a joke.. whole thing was a PR stunt.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Please,

I have to do this because reading some of your responses, I am not sure you know.

It was a joke. It was intended to make you laugh, and elevatedone may have been the only one to get it. Please tell me that those of you that said "it was a load of crap" were also joking.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Ah someone else made the mistake of assuming other posters have a sense of humour?

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Just by reading the title of this thread, I knew it had to be satire...

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Hehe, it wouldn't surprise me if I saw that on the cover of Weekly World News....

SATURDAY: In a small farmhouse near Tikrit, US soldier Private Jessica Lynch led an assault team on the raid which ferretted out former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein. Details are still emerging, but there are reports that Private Lynch had to shoot her way through his security forces, in odds that were typically 10 to 1 against her. Though Ms. Lynch suffered two gunshot wounds, she was able to emerge with the former dictator....

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Hehe, it wouldn't surprise me if I saw that on the cover of Weekly World News....

Damn, you beat me to that comment! The WWN was the first thing I thought of when I saw the topic.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The Toronto Star is a liberal supporting newspaper. Why they would print a story like this I don't know?

The national post is one of the few conservative papers in Canada and because of that it is a treasure.

Who knows maybe thestar is trying to make Lynch look good for feminist purposes? There is always a method to their madness.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   

According to Pentagon sources, the five-foot-three, 100-pound Lynch, who made a name for herself earlier this year when she fought to the death several hundred Iraqi doctors and nurses and performed open heart surgery on herself when she was injured

LOL!! I couldnt even read the rest...

NEO, I also wonder why this clearly satirical piece is on a supposedly credible news website. Perhaps the liberals are pissed at the story thats been spun off the true facts of what really went down during her rescue. Lynch is becomming pretty wealthy over some bogus recount of what truely happened.

One thing is for sure, you could only get away with something like this in Canada where the people aren't nearly as ignorant as your average American who would take this story seriously, then praise Lynch for being such an inspirational soldier. Oh! I'm so ashamed...

*EDIT: Grammar (and spelling), ay yah..

[Edited on 12-18-2003 by insite]

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Are you really that thick as to believe that that was a serious article?

Theres a little link at the bottom of that page where you can see 'Additional articles by Linwood Barclay'. Its not like hes a serious journalist.

PS, if you look very closely at the skin on your thumb just at the base of the nail, you'll notice the Government has tattooed 'Gullible' on there.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   
My god, I'm amazed at the number of people who can't recognize satire....truly sad really.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Yes Linwood Barclay is a satarist and not always a good one too.

Despite what people keep thinking Canada is not entirely Liberal or US hating.

I think that this will soon be proven to the world in the not so distant future.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   

According to Pentagon sources, the five-foot-three, 100-pound Lynch, who made a name for herself earlier this year when she fought to the death several hundred Iraqi doctors and nurses and performed open heart surgery on herself when she was injured

i feel so ashamed. i only skimmed the text and only noticed the open heart surgery bit, not that she did it on herself.

and who the # is linwood barclay anyway???

[Edited on 18-12-2003 by EvilSpallacus]

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Don't be ashamed, the world image of Canada as being a haven of left of centre mentality has been carefully bred over nearly four decades.

But I assure you that this will change in near future.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   

My god, I'm amazed at the number of people who can't recognize satire....truly sad really.

Some actually thought that was a real story? Hmm...maybe I should actually read the thread before a response, hehe....

Hey Kano, it doesn't say Gullible on my finger....
Should I go see a doctor? [/sarcasm]

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Don't be ashamed, the world image of Canada as being a haven of left of centre mentality has been carefully bred over nearly four decades.

But I assure you that this will change in near future.

I hope not NEO, where are they going to host the annual Canadian Toker's Bowl? Where am I going to go to dodge the draft?

I would suggest you move to Alberta, but most Calgarians I know praise conservatism yet bash Americanism. I do however, also know a few Reginian righties with an American appreciation. I can see it now:

Driving down the Trans Canada Highway, WELCOME TO SASKATCHEWAN: birthplace of the Canadian conservative revolution!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join