It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matter of Age

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Ok, I'm posting this as a bastard step child to the Spanish guys' question about the 25 year old man and 14 year old girl.

So what is everyone's opinion on when you're mature enough to handle a relationship?

I think it's more or less based on the person. It's har d to believe that any 14 year old would be mature enough but, hey, never know...

As for my own case, I'm 16 and have a boyfriend who's 18. You all may think that this could be the stereotypical 16 year old speaking but he really does mean a lot to me, even if we're not going to run off and get married (we're not, no worries.)

That kind of ties in with the age of consent law, don't you think? What's the opinion on that?

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Hey, I'm 24 and still not mature enough to handle a seriour relationship. I think 14 is waaaaaaaay too young. I start feeling like I'm in prison after I'm with a girl for a week and, my longest relationship has lasted about a year, then I broke it off because I felt restricted. There is so much I wanna do in life that isn't going to happen if I'm chained to the wall of monogamy. I was in a polyamorus relationship for a long time and even then, I had to get out because it limited my options. People grow up at different rate but, no matter how you look at it, 14 is too young to get serious with anyone.

[Edited on 12/17/03 by NotTooHappy]

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 05:25 PM
link   
25 and a 14 year old thats just fkced up 16 and 18 i say is ok your at the legal age plus whats 2 years diffrent

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Well I'm 15 (and my god I can here 'puppy love' ringing in my ears when anyone over 18 talks about anyone under that age being in a relationship), the 25/14 thing is just sick, really sick. I think people mature at different ages to be honest, all depends on the person; me personally, no one tends to believe my age, I have to take my NUS card out! (I'm at college), I'm mature I suppose. It depends how you wish to define serious relationship, if that person feels they're ready (and everything they choose to do is legal) then age shouldn't be a factor.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
i'm 18, and my fiance will be 19 in may. we've been together for almost two years now. we're both in college, and not worrying about getting married until well after college. that way we'll have a house, secure jobs, and enough money to get married.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
i'm 18, and my fiance will be 19 in may. we've been together for almost two years now. we're both in college, and not worrying about getting married until well after college. that way we'll have a house, secure jobs, and enough money to get married.

Wow that's impressive. What made you two decide to get married at such an age?

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
ok ive got you all beat with an age difference story

my mom just turned 50, (remember that number) she divorced my father after 21 years of marriage, because and i quote "i never loved him". anyways, my sisters boyfriend broke up with her to start dating my mom. this was about three years ago. He just proposed to her last month, anyone want to know how old my mom's fiance is????

can you believe it? and they've been together for a long time. this guy could be my brother........................

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It all boils down to the gender, 14 girl 25 guy, disgusting, 16 guy 19 girl, creepy but not that objectionable.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Im just turned 18, but my gf is 16 (I've been with her for two years now). She is the most mature and loving girl. Whenever Im with her, I thank my lucky charm for letting me be so fortunate and happy. And yes, Marriage might be in the picture. I just hope she will still love me 10 years from now. who knows. women are unpredictable.

About older guys dating younger girls: a week ago, I flew home for spring break. my seatmate was this really attractive blonde. she looked like 17 or 18. After talking to her, I found out she was only 15, going to visit her boyfriend. Before I even asked her bf's age, she immediately said not to ask. she said it's not a question to"consider" anymore. she said, "he's really old." I pressed her, and yeah, he's 22. hrm......

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
16 and 18 isn't a problem unless the parents don't like it and get the law involved. There is seven years difference between me and my husband. Now that's okay since I'm 34 and he's 41. He has a son who is almost 20. Technically, I could be his mother but I would have been 14 and my father would have killed him!

Anyway, take things slow regardless of age. We dated a year, were engaged for 5 and married almost 4. Eventhough we were adults when we met, we were not mature enough when we were first engaged. We both had a lot of growing to do. Now - life is good!

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
You think 25 and 14 is ill(which it is , completly disgusting!)? You don't go to my school. The now ex-slut is long terming with a 37 yr old, and shes 15!!!!!! UGH UGH UGH UGH Sicko Sicko disgusting!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
yeah age is a factor in relationships i recently broke up with a just turned 19yr old and im 16 because he wasnt fun enough. BORING
also.. my dad is 72... his girlfriend is 38 and SHES PREGNANT thats wrong. totally not fair on the child. age is a factor in a lot of things.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
14 years is way too young, and her 25 years old boy-friend is one sick m0f0. Disgusting...

But one sage man once said "The question of age is like the question of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Me? Committed Relationships? Not happening thus far, and I'm 20; still not ready for that yet. They scare the crap out of me. Stayin in topic though, the youngest I'd date is an EXTREMELY mature 17 year old if lightening struck. Oldest would probably be 26 or 27, but anything after that and it starts getting just a touch creepy.

It reminds me of this girl I went to high school with... she was 22 and allowed to stay because she had special allowance, and her boyfriend was 13 and just getting into high school. That to me, is crazy. He did end up charging her with statutory rape though, so I guess anything goes =\

I guess it really depends on the age frame� it� seems more acceptable for a 29 year old and an almost 40 something to get together. Maybe it�s the frame of mind, but there�s a point where kids stop being kids, no matter what the mentality.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

Off topic.....wasnt cammander keen the dude with the pogo stick and the temples????

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
14 is about the age to start dating not a serious relationship. Oh, I know it's all new and wonderful but I don't care how mature you are at 14, you're not ready for that. And why would you want to be, jesus enjoy your life, relationships tie you down.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
relationships tie you down.

EXACTLY!! And who wants that?! hehe.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Age only matters if your a fine wine or a cheeze.....

I like Merlot and Cheddar

and I like my men mature.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
16 and 18 isn't a big leap... 2 yr difference... Plus guys at that age are just as mature as you are, don't forget girls mature faster then boys...
Although it seems alot of girls these days are mentally regressing but thats a differenct story.

You seem cool, you don't really seem like an idiot , so im sure you know what your doing, that age diff isn't big at all, just think when he's 20 you'll be 18, and when he's 24 you'll be 22. my mom and dad had me when they were 24 and 22.

but 14 and 25 is just wrong. A 14 yr old will claim she knows what she's doing but she doesn't have enough experience or knowledge to get involved w someone that age, and the person that is 25 and has the experience and knowledge is obviously some kind of pedophile if he's going after PRE PUBESCENT girls.
wrong wrong wrong....wrong.
he's a young adult, and she turned into a teenager...
I'd like to know his mentality on this.. He can't possibly have anything in common with her, so I assume he's be using her for sex because she's probably tiny, and he likes thin girls?? anyway, that guy has mental problems, and she's too young to know that, she thinks he's with her for her. and it's just not so, you on the other hand are close enough to his age where you can relate to eachother. I'm happy for you.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Hows this for an age difference? I'm dating an 8 and a half year old thread.

I'm not talking to anyone in particular here because I think the only one left from this thread is Intrepid, and I don't think he's paying attention right now.

Age doesn't matter too much after maturity has set in. The younger the people are the more blurred that line is, and the older the people are the easier the maturity levels of both people are to see. That, I think, should be the deciding factor when talking about this. Age doesn't really signify anything except how the rest of society is going to look at the relationship. Like it or not, people judge. You just have to let it slide if you're really in love.

What does everyone else in this new batch of ATS'ers think?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join