It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is a difference!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posts being made in ATS's Website-Related Discussion have absolutely nothing with relation to ATS.

This post was originly posted in war on Terrorism, So should it be here?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

switchblade

[edit on 10-7-2005 by switchblade]

posted on Aug, 27 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I have been visiting ATS for about three years, I used to open the new posts section, and then spend the next few hours reading over the material there. Now I click on the New post thread, and about 15 minutes later im done, and Im off to another site. I first noticed the changes about six months ago, and it breaks my heart. My roomate doesn't even come here anymore , because in his words "its boring"...all of his posts get moved to sites he not a member at...and him like me have no interest of joining anothe discusion site, I did after all spend 3 years reading the posts here before I joined.....limiting dissucions to crop circles, ufo's, big foot, NWO, illuminatii, abductions, well my point is It is hard anymore to find really good topics on ATS anymore.

I posted a thread on ATS:

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

The Fascist State of America, War, Lies, USA going down wrong path:

well 5 of the first 6 posts loved the thread/topic and I was Stoked to know that in the comming days I would have thoughs hours back of great debate and dissucion about my thread...

But then the thread was moved to PTS.....Im not a member of PTS, nor will I be anytime soon, Im also not a member of BTS, or any of the other little ATS spinoffs. I feel that to kill the interest in the above mentioned thread, all that had to be done was to move it to PTS, I looked at PTS new posts and there was like 15 threads....pathetic..basicly when it was moved the descusion Died, or ended, what a shame.

I thought that the story or discusion about the USA goin from a Free Democrocy, towards a more police state/communist state, based on similarities from our past [Nazi Germandy]...would:
1 be worthy of a topic on ATS
2 Is totally a Conspriicy, involving our own government, industry, WAR
3 makes me think of all the news storys that don't run on CNN, or Fox, because there is some one there controlling what the viewers see, is it politically correct?, do we want the masses to view certain storys?
4 Is the same thing happening to ATS?

Now I will be the first to admit, I don't keep up on the rules of ATS, because they seem to change every month or so, and I just don't have the time to spend reading about a new rule. And points really doesn't matter to me, The points I have earn, I haven't used 1

I wanted and did Join ATS, Why?...because ATS Rocked....but that was then, this is now, Mr. GRey I think you have to many Chiefs, censoring what was once the greatest conspiricy/debate/wed dissucion site on the net.

I will continue to come here, at lest if there is anything of interest to read about, but I think that you should focus your energys into ATS, not the little spinoffs.

Im meaning no disrespect in anyway here, I used to spend hours and hours here reading the storys, but now they are feww and far between.

But im sure im out of line with the rules of ATS by posting this here, and if i am im sorry...but im a lil frustrated, and disappointed.

peace

posted on Aug, 31 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
ok my bad

I didn't know i was allready a member of PTS...uh oops

But I agree to keep the politics posts there...

peace

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Maybe the white house could help us out here with a roadmap to apropriate postings. Am I still on topic?

mod edit...removed all caps/sent U2U

[edit on 23-4-2006 by masqua]

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
Hey even when you do post board buisness and discussion your threads get moved to complaints when that is not what they where intended to be , the mod reading it just assumed it was for complaining , but often people just want to appologize to the mods AND..........AND the community for something but the community gets denied the info because a mod moved it with out even asking was the intent to complain.......its sorta danged if you do danged if you dont I think.

[edit on 28/2/2005 by drbryankkruta]

with this post n the one prior to it. these mod guys are like dictators,

they get bent if you should happen to be new and post a topic that been posted in one of the 3 MILLION, like a newbie should sit there and read fro days b4 posting. And if they dont like the topic they say, "thats it end of thread" What r u guys commies? just teach your agents how to lie about ALL topics and u wont need to worry about it!!!! Just my 2 cents and in my opinion!!!!

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I am a thread killer and I don't mean to be.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
At the risk of being labeled a kisser of nether regions, I think the staff here must have one humdinger of a workload to keep up with all of this in the first place, and the least we can do is try to stay in the right areas.

Sorry for the one liner, but it was a paragraph anyway.

That's the worst 'run on ' sentence I've used in some time. *Sigh*

posted on Oct, 20 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by cygnusx1966

Thank you for sharing your opinion with the rest of us, cygnus.

Regardless of how this place is run, however - it provides a strong amount of discussion on the various topics that elsewhere on the internet may only have a few specific sections or perhaps even only one.

If you like the place enough it shouldn't matter how it's run.

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
[edit on 2/1/08 by FredT]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Could members please use some common sense when posting their topics, to make sure they are starting it in the correct place. A simple rule of thumb to follow - if it has nothing to do with ATS's paranoid subjects, it belongs on BTS.

who are you calling paranoid?
who are you calling a subject?
I be no man's vassal

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
i may be a brown noser but what the boss wants the boss gets am i right?

So here it is...I am feeling a little neglected, like my voice isn't being heard. I am going to get myself together and post up for the team. I am not going to listen to those spammers and stay current on my ats curtesies.

ps big brother is watching

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Simon,
Thank god you posted the rules and guidelines as your signature. I've only been a member for 9 days, and I've been going nuts trying to figure the rules and protocols. Of course, I read them when I signed up, but it's hard to remember them. I didn't know where to find them. I still don't know how to get into other forums, for example, I can't post to Jim Marrs. Or even know if it's possible to, but other people do. I'm in the basic conspiracy group. I better go to FAQ and see if it fills me in. Thanks for this post.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Thanks for pointing that out I was looking for that forum and wasnt sure it existed. When I want to post non conspiracy threads Ill be sure and use it.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by counterterrorist
Simon,
Thank god you posted the rules and guidelines as your signature. I've only been a member for 9 days, and I've been going nuts trying to figure the rules and protocols. Of course, I read them when I signed up, but it's hard to remember them. I didn't know where to find them. I still don't know how to get into other forums, for example, I can't post to Jim Marrs. Or even know if it's possible to, but other people do. I'm in the basic conspiracy group. I better go to FAQ and see if it fills me in. Thanks for this post.

Hello counterterrorist.

You can visit the Conspiracy Pros Forums after you have a minimum of 200 posts.

Enjoy your stay at ATS.

If you have any questions, dont hesitate to U2U a Moderator.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I would like to make a comment and I hope that ATS mods and supermods listen to it.

The OP said " if it has nothing to do with ATS's paranoid subjects, it belongs on BTS."

I would like to say that alternative breaking news for example is where i visit the most, there is alot good sources there. Alot of it is legitamate news.

If Bill O'reilly attacked DailyKos then there's alot good chances he might us.

Imagine if he said on his show that the main moderator of this site himself said this.

Can the wording be changed?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Mr.Gray,I would first like to say that I think the site is great.I have learned a few things from it .I do have a question or two that I hope you are able to answer.I see a few of the threads that I posted and they are marked by what appears to be a red x.Not sure what that means and cannot seem to find anything about it in the site.If you are able to reply thatwould be great.

Thank you. E.l.f

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
according to the future maps (google that) the british isles are soon going to be under the water...do anyone knows where exactly the "uk survival team" plans to go?

i would also appreciate the advice on how to change the password here.

reply by U2U svp, or directly to [email protected] , as i occasionally have troubles with navigating various web sites.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I understand the sentiment, but perhaps the many and varied levels of intellect/opinion/topics is an issue of saturation, rather than a 'dumbing down'; it's quite possible that this forum is hitting record numbers, which will naturally result in a broader spectrum of demographics, education, level of intellect, etc. is that so bad? posters can always ignore something that doesn't strike them as relevant (we all do it all the time)..

if it's an open forum, so be it; let it evolve into whatever it will; and people who are disenchanted with it can find another arena; otherwise, we run the risk of becoming 'regulated', which would certainly run counter to the site's initial premise -- unless, of course, the whole thing's an intelligence setup to gather the 'pulse' of shifting public opinion..

freedom is freedom.. let's accept it and do our best

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join