It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is a difference!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I have noticed that an above-average amount of posts being made in ATS's Website-Related Discussion have absolutely nothing with relation to ATS.

In fact, I have just moved a post which the poster clearly states in the first line of the topic, it is not related!

Could members please use some common sense when posting their topics, to make sure they are starting it in the correct place. A simple rule of thumb to follow - if it has nothing to do with ATS's paranoid subjects, it belongs on BTS.

There is such a large number of topics in Website-Related Discussion that really belong in Chit Chat on BTS. Let's try to reduce this and post in the right place.

Thank you.

[edit on 2006-4-21 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I was talking to gryff about this before id also say some of the topics in the rats forum belong in chit chat but i didn't want to say anything incase you bite the hand if you catch my drift

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Yeah, I agree with SE7EN, the RATS section have became the Chit Chat section of users to lazy to switch beside ATS and BTS it seems.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I didn't consider "Why American culture is deteriorating" a web related discussion, really. It still doesn't appear to be one.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I sincerely agree. USE SOME DISCRETION POSTERS!!

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Use some common sense, ATS users. And that includes me

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Common Sense !!!

i dunno whether i have or not but at the time it was being distributed in heaven i was on earth in ATS posting new thread

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
You just noticed? MONKEYS ARE FUN!!! @_@!
Sorry about the spam, but I think since it's called "Web-site related discussion" it brings off-topic content automatically >_>. It's kind of expected.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
two wrongs dont make a right,but three lefts do.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I agree. I've been a longtime lurker on ATS and the quality and relevance is definitely deteriorating.

Cheers,

NSA

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I agree with this, but when you come down to it how long can you talk about the NWO, chupa, little green men, the anti-christ, and mind control?
Maybe if the main Forums were better displayed (i have had mutiple posts moved because i had no idea where to put them and i have seen many with "i dont know if this belongs here." in the beginning of their posts.) Until something "big" in the world happens your going to keep getting these irrevelant posts. Even if something does happen your still going to get the dummy posts that are about nothing.

Btw, i didnt know there was a BTS for about 2 months after i started coming here.
Dont think many newbies here will know about it either.

just my opinion on the subject.

posted on Nov, 28 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
How about having "a not related to any topic " or "post your doubts" title?

that way , at least people will post there if they are in doubt as to where they are meant to post.

I know there is a place on BTS, but most people tend to stay up here.

Just an idea.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Now I agree wholly with this concept, yet..
sometimes people really want their information to be seen by a maximum number of people so they try to post it where their target group might read it...
A good idea might be to create 1 forum on each of the different boards(ats/bts etc.. ) that contain the top 5 posts or tops 2 posts from every single forum excluding itself lol
It might be a better way to integrate users from other forums... I myself NEVER really go into BTS or ChitChat or whatever because it is just such a hassle with the amount of information on this page... BUT if it were easier to access I think it would do better and also benefit the whole community, it brings everything together under one common light for all of those who prefer ATS, and those who prefer BTS... I think it would be a positive move... Just my 2 cents..

[edit on 19/12/04 by dnero6911]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
you are right!i suppose you!

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
i agree with kessel, seems like there always the same topics on here. Like people blaming everything on aliens or god, or how bad america, or how great it is. It seems the only places with changing topics are the ones about science. like i understand how there is freedom of speech and people can belive what they want. But you really got to look at some of these topics. People posting things like Big bang never happened, or evolution has no proof, which you are free to believe, but you need some hard evidence. denying pointlessly something and replacing it with a totally strange idea that has no hard proof is quite dumb. doesn't that go against ATS'd motto of deny ingnorance.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
unbelievable, im a noob and i kinda have a good idea of what the master is saying except i dont even know what btws or bmw's or bfd"s mean, this is one that is not reader friendly but what really amazes me is how many of you (grown people) kiss behind to master.comeon this is like kindergarden. oh i plan to read and maybe educate myself to this society but if i do something wrong i will at least admit it and not play kiss behind (i dont know but i think kissass might be against rules) please let me know if im correct

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Hey even when you do post board buisness and discussion your threads get moved to complaints when that is not what they where intended to be , the mod reading it just assumed it was for complaining , but often people just want to appologize to the mods AND..........AND the community for something but the community gets denied the info because a mod moved it with out even asking was the intent to complain.......its sorta danged if you do danged if you dont I think.

[edit on 28/2/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Well maybe people are posting inappropriate things here because this forum category is titled:

General Conspiracy Discussion

from the main www.abovetopsecret.com... page...

I just posted something then that didn't really fit into any other category apart from "General Conspiracy Discussion"... so maybe it would be a good idea to change the title on the main page, you may then see a reduction in inappropriate posts. (I just noticed that it was web-related stuff and wouldn't have posted if I new this...).

-KiwiDave

[edit on 11-4-2005 by KiwiDave]

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I feel like we are in a living room drinking coffee or tea and having a
great conversation with like minded intellegent people. Thank You

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Yes, I can see why you wish to make this distinction. I came to this forum to try to learn a bit more about ATS itself, but got drawn in to an one of those off-topic threads. Now I haven't actually read any ATS website related topics on this particular forum yet, but have already posted here twice.

It is a little confusing for new members.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join