It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matty Hull (R.I.P.),The U.S. gov/military never lies....What a joke

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Background

Matty Hull was British serviceman killed in a friendly fire incident in March 2003.

According to the U.S. military at the time there was no video or audio evidence of the event.

New evidence

So there was no evidence until....This week A British tabloid (The Sun) announces it has the cockpit video from the A-10 that killed Matty HUll,...and now days after this revalation the U.S. releases this film to the coroner in the inquest.

Conclusion

So to anyone who says the military/Gov doesn't lie (even in times of war) a BIG

To Matts family ..My prayers go out to you.

sources

BBC

SKY NEWS

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I'd hardly say IT's the same discussion ..try reading the point Deltaboy.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
I'd hardly say IT's the same discussion ..try reading the point Deltaboy.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

^
l
l
l
l

Discussed!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
but not closed try reading ..your title is writer.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I think that if there is a thread going on this tangent and solely purposed for this tangent on the story, that it should be allowed to stay.

A down to the circumstances,
, but I believe this thread should stay active.

This thread is about how the US possibly misconstrued the true story, I think it's valid. I have not seen videos yet, so I will refrain from judgement, though of course, I'm sure that since I am for this thread remaining open, some will have no problem making their own assumptions.

There are new threads started on tangents of other threads all the time. So why can't this exist?

[edit on 2/7/07 by niteboy82]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
T.Y Nite ..Well before this thread gets deflected anymore by DELTABOY.

Back to the topic the GOV/Military can and will LIE.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl
T.Y Nite ..Well before this thread gets deflected anymore by DELTABOY.

Back to the topic the GOV/Military can and will LIE.

Deltaboy is here!!! OMG I've got the guy on ignore he seems to try and ruin every thread that isn't favouable to the USA.

But yeah It is a great shame about that the video, I can't remember and I haven't got the facts to hand but I think the MoD (UK) told the family the tape didn't exsist because the DoD (USA) had classified the tape as "secret". If the tape wasn't leaked then the family would still be none the wiser.

But the DoD were more concerned about the leak of the tape than the family who lost their loved one. IMO the tape was only classified as "secret" because it shows how Incompetent those 2 pilots were, very embarrasing for the USAF!

[edit on 7/2/07 by Jimmy1880]

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
At this point in my life I have no issues believing it.

I have learned the same silly petty stuff that occurs at $5 an hour occurs at $10,$100 or more.

The same is true of management of McDonalds as a multi billion dollar corporation or the US or anyother for that matter, military.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
TY JIMMY and MON for reading and seeing the point,and your replies.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   
R.I.P - It really gets on my nerve, but those pilots will get off scott free.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
From what I have seen from the videos the Pilots did make a mistake unless of course we're looking at some edited videos. Regardless, the Pentagon lied and this should come of no surprise; it's been lying since it's birth.

Luxifero

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I have a similar thread running called 'are we defending incompetence'. Some of you guys on this thread may have missed it, why not have a look and see if you have anything further to add to that debate as well? For the record, as you will see, I do view the pilots as culpable, on very specific points, but the lies, cover up and deceit ever since this event took place are even worse.

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   
what i find amazing is that when popov36 mentions about the orange sheets you can hear that popov35 is unsure or uncertain about this, isnt the orange sheets a nato standard sign for a friendly vehicle. If there was any doubt whatsoever then they should not have fired. If the situation had been different in that the a10s were coming under fire from other sources or were in a high threat environment you could understand the error but from the video it seems more like that it was a turkey shoot. I find it disgusting the way popov36 laughs at the soldier "hauling ass" trying to pull off injured crewmen whether he is iraqi or not. I think the attitude of the US military is despicable we are supposed to have a "special relationship" but in this case and other blue on blue incidents they seem to treat the British with disdain. The US government should have cooperated in anyway possible with th UK inquiry and inquest. I for one do not think that the pilots should be charged with any crime. But i do feel that they should have been forced to attend the UK inquest to give Mattys family peace of mind.

Matty Hull RIP

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Imagine this....Sadam Hussein says " I have no weapons of mass destruction"...it turns out to be a truth.

3000+ US servicemen die due to a lie by Bush.

Sadam is hung on a trumped up charge of garbage and hung within a week of the conviction with minimal chance of an appeal.

Bush lives to tell more lies and point the finger at Iran with the same trumped up crap.

I say to anyone prepared to listen, if the biggest criminal currently living on this Earth isn't Bush then who is it ?

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
Imagine this....Sadam Hussein says " I have no weapons of mass destruction"...it turns out to be a truth.

3000+ US servicemen die due to a lie by Bush.

Sadam is hung on a trumped up charge of garbage and hung within a week of the conviction with minimal chance of an appeal.

Bush lives to tell more lies and point the finger at Iran with the same trumped up crap.

I say to anyone prepared to listen, if the biggest criminal currently living on this Earth isn't Bush then who is it ?

what has this got to do with this thread?

posted on Feb, 9 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   
It was an honesat mistake, I do not believe the soliders should be prosecuted for it.

I think the onus of BLAME should fall to the US military for hiding this footage and refusing its release.

Even the widow, bless her... was never told how her husband died,she always believed footage existed but no one told her so.

At this point Id expect nothing more from the US military,its just to consistant now.

new topics

top topics

join