It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ossama Already in Custody?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose
I've read many people here saying this as well, no proof of course personally I find it hard to believe that the U.S. can't find a 6 ft. 8 in. man dragging a dialysis machine around with him.

Ah a disciple of Robin Williams, I see....

I agree that by now, we should have been able to find this guy and his dialysis machine. It's not like he can take a commercial flight somewhere and not declare his carry-on luggage, complete with life-saving dialysis equipment, right?

As for the political end of this, I wouldn't put it past President Bush and his advisors to sit on news of UBL's capture if it has already happened. Kinda goes back to what we discussed in another thread about providing a steady stream of info to keep the public on the President's side, learning from the pitfalls his father's re-election campaign faced as the glory of Desert Storm faded into the rear-view mirror.

Voters often have a "What have you done for me lately?" attitude about presidential politics unless they vote strictly along party lines. This is why the President needs to keep the good news coming.

I don't think another terrorist attack would be good news, but I believe that the capture of both Hussein and Bin Laden within three years of the 9/11 attacks could be enough to get the average voter's support. It's a risky card to play, given the domestic situation the US faces, but with the economy apparently on a slow rise, President Bush could have enough support to continue for a second term.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   
It's actually better for the puppet masters that Osama not be found, unlike Saddam. Osama's their boogyman and he's keepin' that "war on terror" alive and well. As long as he's "out there" (whether he's in U.S. custody or not) the war machine has justification.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   
While that may be one view of things, I'd have to say that Osama's head on a silver platter (so to speak) would more or less gift-wrap re-election for President Bush. You can always invent another bogeyman if needed -- the world is seemingly overflowing with terrorists.

Perhaps the paper trail for al-Qaeda will mysteriously lead back to Libya or Syria. Considering our ever-growing presence in Iraq, and the fact that Iran is now exceedingly quick to welcome UN inspectors, I'd say that makes Syria a target the day after it is declared that we're leaving Iraq. We just won't be going too far -- next door!

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I agree with Demon....Earlier in the year my thoughts were that there were 3 steps for Bush re-election:
1> Capture SAddam -Check
2> Find WMDs - sometime in April or May
3> Capture Osama - Sept/Oct/Nov - right on time for election.....

I still believe it...For a few minutes I thought that we had him captured in a hole like Hussein, but he keeps sending messages. This means that we basically know where he is, we just are saving capture for the right time....
So if by in custody, you mean we can bag him anytime, then yes, we have him in custody.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join