It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ossama Already in Custody?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
While in the "green room" at Fox News just prior to Madeline Albright being interviewed on Fox News on the night of Tuesday, December 16, 2003; Madeline Albright eluded that Ossama Bin Laden may have already been captured and is being hidden away until it is politically expedient to release the information closer to election time.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Did you get that from FoxNews itself?? Or somewhere else???

If that's true then all I can say is......politics

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Now if true it wouldn't surprise me at all.
After all Sadams capture was a nice Christmas present.
Cynical, your dam right.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I've read many people here saying this as well, no proof of course personally I find it hard to believe that the U.S. can't find a 6 ft. 8 in. man dragging a dialysis machine around with him.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Did you get that from FoxNews itself?? Or somewhere else???

Yeah, I was passing by someone's office and heard it on their TV- stuck my head in the door and listened to the details...

I'm certainly not saying it is so - I am only the conveying what I heard.
The Bush admin is saying that it's the silliest conspiracy theory garbage they've ever heard.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 10:33 AM
link   
hiya,
WB

yes and no, i'm starting to doubt they have bin-boy in custody, somehow i dont think his supporters would carry on the way they are if he wasnt around

have you seen anything in terms of suicidal support for saddam these last few days?
Glad you're back,
Cyrus

xn

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 10:34 AM
link   
They probably know where he is right now. All they have to do is rv and draw out his location, then send in the troops and capture him.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Hi Cyrus - good to see you too - I really doubt this report, I figure it was Ms Albright discussing a "What If..." type senario and the Fox News guys ran with it~

That's my take on it - but I thought it would make interesting discussion here~The last intel I had heard from my contacts was that he was in the mountains just inside Iran - but that too could be dubious~

[Edited on 17-12-2003 by intelgurl]

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Consider This::

Ms Madeline Albright is 'constructing' herself

as a co-host or at least a consultant

for the soon to-be-launched LIBERAL...

CLEAR-CHANNEL...TALK RADIO...Enterprise

That, is a more likely AGENDA
than squirrel-ing away the Mahdi UBL

~~ZZ~~

recent reads incl; Kurds 'holed' Saddam 4 days prior...

Saddams 2d wife ratted him out...Saddam met intrigue by his own staff (to get $25mil)

OBL is 'contained' in a region already...

all this speculation is media fodder, enjoy
.....eom

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   
maybe its kind of hard to discuss whys and whens..if they have em then why wouldnt they show him..is it really that in the states people vote for someone if he just caught the bad guy ?? What about unemployment, the dollar and i dont know whats all wrong in the states..are people not really concerned about theyre own lives and more about some being caught or not ? I mean the damage is done anyway, catch bin laden and the next one will take over..there are maybe more prominent problems people in the states should worry about..

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
My personal opinion of this all is that Madeline Albright is a moron.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl
Hi Cyrus - good to see you too - I really doubt this report, I figure it was Ms Albright discussing a "What If..." type senario and the Fox News guys ran with it~

That's my take on it - but I thought it would make interesting discussion here~The last intel I had heard from my contacts was that he was in the mountains just inside Iran - but that too could be dubious~

[Edited on 17-12-2003 by intelgurl]

half of the ukraine know he's in amsterdam.
Cyrus

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Which Half, and why haven't they told anyone?

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kano

half of "chernobylskaya oblast" need i say more?

basically, his base is there...no1 knows where, geographically it's not supposed to exist, but it does.
aight, mock away,
maybe not half, but a hell of a lot of people do

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 12:16 PM
link   
WASHINGTON � Former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright (search) insisted Wednesday that she was just kidding when she wondered aloud whether the Bush administration is holding Usama bin Laden (search) captive, waiting to break him out at the best political moment.

It was a "tongue-in-cheek comment and was not intended in any other way," Albright told Fox News.

But witnesses to Albright's comment said the ambassador did not appear to be joking Tuesday when she suggested President Bush may reveal bin Laden's capture as an "October surprise" (search) before next November's presidential election.

Albright was in the Fox News studio's green room waiting to appear on an evening program when she made the remark.

"She said, 'Do you suppose that the Bush administration has Usama bin Laden hidden away somewhere and will bring him out before the election?'" said Fox News analyst and Roll Call executive editor Mort Kondracke. "She was not smiling."

Two makeup artists who prep the guests before their appearances also reported that Albright did not ask her question in a joking manner.

Democrats have long attacked Bush for his conduct in the war on terror, but conspiracy theories are gaining in frequency. Former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean, a presidential candidate, has several times suggested that Bush was told in advance of the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks by Saudi Arabia.

After Saddam's capture last weekend, Washington Democratic Rep. Jim McDermott (search) made the charge that Bush staged it to win points at home.

Colleague Rep. Norman Dicks, D-Wash., scolded McDermott for the comment, and the White House said it would not address such charges.

"I don't think I have to dignify every ridiculous comment that's made out there," White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan said.

Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist predicted political fallout would follow Saddam's capture. Frist, R-Tenn., said some Democrats would readjust and adopt new strategies, even to the point of diminishing the significance of Saddam's capture.

Political strategists have added that conspiracy theories do nothing to help the political debate, and warned Democrats to be careful in their allegations.

"Maybe [McDermott] is trying to be coproducer with Oliver Stone (search) of his next conspiracy movie," said James Lake, a former adviser to President Reagan. "It certainly fits into that category and I think -- to go a step further -- I think former Secretary of State Madeline Albright is walking on very thin ice here to suggest that the president already has Usama bin Laden captured."

"I think it is probably not a good thing to do this," said Elaine Kamarck, former senior campaign adviser to Al Gore. "I remember years ago when we made one attempt to kill Usama bin Laden by sending that missile into Sudan, all the Republicans said, 'Oh this was Bill Clinton's way of diverting attention from the Monica Lewinsky scandal.' That was unfair at that time, and frankly, I think accusations that somehow we have Usama and President Bush is holding him for political purposes, I think that's unfair at this time."

As for bin Laden's whereabouts, Turkish intelligence officials told the Associated Press that bin Laden recently proposed attacking a military base used by U.S. troops in Turkey, but tight security around the facility forced the terrorists to go after softer targets instead.

Terrorists then bombed two synagogues, the British consulate office and a British-owned bank in Istanbul. In those attacks, Muslims were killed, angering the Al Qaeda (search) leaders, according to the Turkish officials.

Bush said in a television interview Tuesday night that the Al Qaeda leader is still on the run, but vowed again that the United States will capture him.

Fox News' Brit Hume and Kelly Wright contribute

I gotta admit that saddam (first name basis)
looked more like someone being held capltive
than in hiding when they found him.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   
It was a joke

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus

Originally posted by Kano

half of "chernobylskaya oblast" need i say more?

basically, his base is there...no1 knows where, geographically it's not supposed to exist, but it does.
aight, mock away,
maybe not half, but a hell of a lot of people do

thats why they build it on poles back in the days, must be underneath the city, that base..koel !

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Perhaps the box containing his bones is in U.S. custody, but I do not think they have the living man. He's been dead for a couple years now, IMO.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl
While in the "green room" at Fox News just prior to Madeline Albright being interviewed on Fox News on the night of Tuesday, December 16, 2003; Madeline Albright eluded that Ossama Bin Laden may have already been captured and is being hidden away until it is politically expedient to release the information closer to election time.

I have every reason to believe Madam Albright may just be correct.

He's probably in a morgue, however.

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 06:50 PM
link   
To the best of my knowledge we're still after him, but we're close enough to get him, he'll get bagged a couple months before novembers election which will incite a terrorist attack on the US, further giving bush some poll points.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join