It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New US Policy Mandates Expanded DNA Database - Implementation Soon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
In a change to the law that flew beneath the public radar, federal authorities have mandated DNA collection in every federal arrest, and the process is set to begin. The collection of DNA does not require a conviction or a warrant, it's to be streamlined as part of the arrest process. Every person arrested by a federal agency will presumably be sampled, including every illegal immigrant who gets picked up.

Link
The Justice Department is completing rules to allow the collection of DNA from most people arrested or detained by federal authorities, officials said, a vast expansion of DNA gathering that will include hundreds of thousands of illegal immigrants each year.

The new forensic DNA sampling was authorized by Congress in a little-noticed amendment to a January 2006 renewal of the Violence Against Women Act, which provides protections and assistance for victims of sexual crimes.

The amendment permits DNA collecting from anyone under criminal arrest by federal authorities, and also from illegal immigrants detained by federal agents — by far the largest group to be affected by the new law.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

So, that's just wonderful. Now federal authorities will have at their disposal an enormous DNA database. If the government was squeaky clean and infallible, one could presume this a good thing. But unfortunately, the government is neither squeaky clean nor infallible, as they have proven over and over again. For the same reason you should never give guns to babies, you should never give enormous power to bureaucrats.

It appears to me that this is just another step towards an over-arching federal presence in our lives, and this goes against everything America should aspire to.

Like most of the problematic federal decisions we take issue with, this one slipped under the radar and got little to no publicity. Even some of the people voting on it lacked critical information. This is what passes for representation these days? That, in and of itself, is a good enough reason to re-examine the law in my opinion. Nevermind the logistics, and the prospect of trusting DNA to every federal agent in a position to make arrests...

[edit on 4-2-2007 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   
This is just another step towards a police state. And I heard that in many states, people who got convicted and were at home received a government letter saying that they must go somewhere to give a DNA sample...

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Could this be considered as a gross violation of human right?
This maybe going too far. Don't you think so?

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   
The part about no warrent, nor a conviction being necessary sure makes way for gross misuse! Wow.

It just gets better every day, doesn't it folks?

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Can anyone narrow down my searches for this bill? I've done several searches for Violence Against Women Act with amendments dating in or near Jan. 2006, and I can't seem to get a hit on one that depicts the "addition of DNA samples" blah blah blah.

I did however come across a Violence Against Women Act with amendments that would allow firearms/weapons to be take from the home of "domestic violence" victims (another notch on the belt for killing the 2nd Amendment).

As far as the aforementioned bill, that's a far cry from being anything besides another step towards the NWO and/or Police State issue.

Here's the bill I was referring to: H.R. 203

To amend Federal crime grant programs relating to domestic violence to
encourage States and localities to implement gun confiscation policies,
reform stalking laws, create integrated domestic violence courts, and
hire additional personnel for entering protection orders, and for other
purposes.
source

Pretty sneaky way of confiscating guns &/or weapons.

[edit on 2/5/2007 by Infoholic]

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
When this act came about regarding domestic violence, it was supposed to be the perpetrators who have their guns removed, not the victims. The victims would need guns since the legal system won't keep their abusers from attacking them again.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I believe you will find what you're looking for by using this link that I recommend. I like this site. I've been following this matter for a while now because it fits in with my own observations.

There is an overall trend in government today that lends itself to the centralization of power. I'm convinced that anti-Federalist forces have suffered quite a few planned setbacks that how now made it possible for the pro-Federal agenda to be fulfilled. The second amendment is under attack in ways that you may not be aware of. The entire Constitution as we know it is being undermined by peole and organizaitons that seek greater power for themselves.

Resource

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I can see the problems with not needing a warrent or any type of conviction in order for them to collect your DNA sample; but, I wouldn't have a problem with a massive DNA database. To those that are opposing this bill completely: what are you scared of? That they are going to replace every single human that's run through this process with a clone programmed to follow the NWO? If they make a few changes to the bill to prevent possible corrupt officials from abusing it, this will take quite a few career criminals off the street.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
There are 'old school' issues of privacy involved here that will, I admit, sound archaeic. Even so, the greater implication is that a program like this can be abused and mis-used in any number of ways.

The national I.D. card is coming, and the DNA database is just one part of the larger machine that will soon come to dominate our lives. Privacy as I have known it will be dead and gone before I am.

It's true that a DNA database of known offenders will greatly aid law enforcement, but...one thing always leads to another with Uncle Sam. It won't be long before a national DNA database exists to document all citizens. Doesn't sound like a bad thing?

Try this on for size. If they don't need a warrant to monitor you, or arrest you, they certainly won't need to let you face your accusor if you are charged with a crime. Why? If the DNA says you did it, the case is clased. Remember that not all crimes are the stuff of CSI. I can hand you a memo, which you will touch as you read it. I can then 'prove' that you saw that memo by the DNA trace. Not important? Ah, but if you violated company policy...

join