It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Project off the Coast of California?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Thanks IeatAliens...

In Google Earth (Plus/Pro) the only thing I see at those coordinates (43 06 16.03 N 142 17 26.59 W) is a patch of blue ocean.

Double checked by putting in those coordinates into my ESRI and Intergraph software - and using a different set of HI-res imagery: nothing - just empty ocean...

Can you do a screen capture of the Google Earth image (w/coordinates indicated) of what you see and post it up here for us? I'd be very interested in what you see - and especially why there is a discrepancy with my data and entering the same coordinate set into Google Earth.

BTW - MSFT's Virtual Earth and NASA's engine both show the same empty patch of ocean with those coordinates. It also appears to me that the coordinates you indicate are too far north and too far east from the flight junction point in the graphic of the OP - by perhaps a hundred miles or more (est.).

Thanks...

[spell-edit]

[edit on 2/5/2007 by Outrageo]

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
Thanks IeatAliens...

In Google Earth (Plus/Pro) the only thing I see at those coordinates (43 06 16.03 N 142 17 26.59 W) is a patch of blue ocean.

Double checked by putting in those coordinates into my ESRI and Intergraph software - and using a different set of HI-res imagery: nothing - just empty ocean...

Can you do a screen capture of the Google Earth image (w/coordinates indicated) of what you see and post it up here for us? I'd be very interested in what you see - and especially why there is a discrepancy with my data and entering the same coordinate set into Google Earth.

BTW - MSFT's Virtual Earth and NASA's engine both show the same empty patch of ocean with those coordinates. It also appears to me that the coordinates you indicate are too far north and too far east from the flight junction point in the graphic of the OP - by perhaps a hundred miles or more (est.).

Thanks...

[spell-edit]

[edit on 2/5/2007 by Outrageo]

Thanks. I just rechecked now, and the landmass is gone.
Must have been a glitch. No problem, but thanks for checking.

[edit on 6-2-2007 by IeatALIENS]

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
I would venture a guess and say that the "Phantasy Island" off of the US West Coast is in fact a high altitude intersection point where trans-pacific flights start their process of entering or leaving US airspace. The fact that they disappear there is probably due to lack of radar coverage or incomplete flight plan data for source info.

i totally agree DEEZNUTZ
that is what i said in an earlier post but was told it cant be that ,

trust me it is a simple case of partial data, i have seen a similar map of air traffic here in europe and the same thing happens in the north sea off the east of scotland. and also off the coast of portugal as well, it is because they dont use the data from the next section or area.

snoopyuk

[edit on 6-2-2007 by snoopyuk]

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
It's either a geographically incorrect Hawaii, or it's Tahiti.

Tahiti does have an airport and I would assume it would have plenty of planes flying in and out considering the tourist-y nature of the island.

That's my theory.

posted on Feb, 12 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
Illusion:

Do you happen to have a source of the data/graphic? I backed through the UCLA site in the link but found nothing other than more unrelated 'design' graphic examples.

Outrageo,
All I can find is this. Apparently the data comes from the FAA? I am not totally clear on what the other terms mean.

users.design.ucla.edu...

[edit on 12-2-2007 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Brodband *Subscribes*.

This sounds like a really interesting thread..although I cannot view the picture at school, I will check on it when I get home.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
A C-130 can take off from a carrier...without using the catapault?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join