It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fighter Jet UFO Footage: The Real Deal

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Actually IA, you are wrong in one area. The ADEX refers to the first serial in event 3. The ordnance expended relates to the bombing serial that takes place also in Event 3 (From the abbreviation BMB down).

BMB
3A2,3B1
105/106, 204/200
FAST EAGLES AND CAMELOTS PERFORMED BMB AT 2507. EACH DROPPED 4X MK-82. FAST EAGLES PERFORMED 3X RUNS; CAMELOTS 2X RUNS

The "no ordnance expended" is in the logisitic/planeguard serial (LOG/PG) in Event 3. It seems out of place to me (the Indians fly the Sea Hawk, but as a log/pg task, no weapon release was expected).

I've only had a quick glance through the summary. It appears realistic (well, the non-UFO stuff anyway), and the squadrons involved certainly are part of Carrier Air Wing 11 (CVW-11). The Fast Eagles are F/A-18Fs flown by VFA-41 The Black Aces. The other squadron names are consistent.

So, I'd say at the least that it is based on a real air wing summary, such things by themselves not being classified in any way. The next question is whether the Nimitz (the carrier involved) was at sea at the time. From what I've been able to glean from the net, the Nimitz returned to port in San Diego on 20 November 2004 after completing 23 days at sea, including an evaluation.

Nimitz alongside 20 November

I haven't been able to ascertain if she was alongside or at sea on the 24th. Generally after an intense shakedown, some alongside time is in order, and the air wings redeploy to the home bases. But I can't prove one way or the other at the moment.

The F/A-18F is equipped with the ATFLIR, a more advanced targeting pod than the one I'm used to. The picture quality is generally very clear on pods such as these, and if the aircraft was only five miles away as claimed, I would have expected the picture to be much better than it actually is.

I need to draw some pictures to get a full appreciation of the actual manoeuvres, and where everything is. It is a standard fighter debriefing methodology, and should give me an idea of whether it is plausible or otherwise. One thing that strikes me is that traditionally when putting in a narrative event such as this, the actual aircraft callsign would be used rather than the Squadron nickname and aircraft number (which is what Fast Eagle 110 etc is).

Fast Eagle 110

Anyways, this is all based on a very quick look. I'll let you know if I come up with anything else.

[edit on 13-2-2007 by Willard856]

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by cometa2

the other files we / i have are:
EVENT SUMMARIES 14NOV04.doc 45kb
UFO 5 Anomaly brief.ppt 272kb

Some of you may recall this thread from 2007 about footage and documents relating to an alleged sighting involving the USS Nimitz in November 2004. (I posted in this thread several times during 2007, including on Page 1).

Many will not remember this thread.

Did anyone that did participate in this thread end up getting the above files from "Cometa2"? I requested the files several times during the discussion in 2007.

I think that the first document may simply be the text included in one post in this thread, although I'd like to see the actually doc file. I'd particularly like the second file (apparently a Powerpoint presentation).

CVW-11 EVENT SUMMARY
14 NOVEMBER 04
EVENT SUMMARY

EVENT 3

Event
Side
Narrative
ADEX
3A1,3C1,
3D2
110/100, 303/305, 401
FAST EAGLES 110/100 UPON TAKE OFF WERE VECTORED BY PRINCETON AND BANGER (1410L) TO INTERCEPT UNID CONTACT AT 160@40NM (N3050.8 W11746.9) (NIMITZ N3129.3 W11752.8). PRINCETON INFORMED FAST EAGLES THAT THE CONTACT WAS MOVING AT 100 KTS @ 25KFT ASL.

(Some of the relevant material is now being discussed on various forums as if it were completely new, universally without mentioning this discussion on ATS in 2007...).

edit on 23-10-2017 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: IsaacKoi

Excellent post!!!

I just wanted to take the time to say thank you so much for visiting this thread and sharing.

We miss ya around here. Hope to see you posting again more often here.

And remember ATS has your back.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

While I can not answer the question you asked, I would like to say its great to see you in and around these forums again, I hope all is well and look forward to the insight which you offer.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

so - this tail is being regurgitated " as new " on the internet

and

no one seems to have got to see the " top sekret " files

if i claimed that either of these facts surprised me - i would be lying
edit on 23-10-2017 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

so - this tail is being regurgitated " as new " on the internet

and

no one seems to have got to see the " top sekret " files

if i claimed that either of these facts surprised me - i would be lying

The point of note is that a former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defence has recently cited it as a real event.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

Except the video that posted showed nothing like what is described. Just a plane cruising serenely straight and level, so what gives there?

Secondly, Daily "Excess" lol.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: waynos

Which video??

The point I'm making is that virtually all of the details in the "hoax" from the OP ITT are recounted as fact in Chris Mellon's recent statement.

Daily Express yeah ...but it was first search result ..here it is from the horses mouth ( skip to 13:30).

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I think it was also mentioned that footage was at one time available on YouTube from the alleged real event.

I think that was actually stated during the ToTheStars presentation where this incident was put forward as an example of a real encounter.

BT

ETA: Can't find it again... Maybe I misremembered...
edit on 23-10-2017 by beetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: beetee

Not sure it was on the TTS pres. but it is recounted on the fightersweep page mentioned during the TTS pres here:

fightersweep.com...

Somehow the tape made its way to YouTube. A few years after the incident, when first telling me the story, Dave pointed me to the link. It was unremarkable without the background information. But folded into context it was amazing, especially the slow-mo of the dot accelerating out of screen. For years I told the story to friends and showed them the video as punctuation. However last month when I called Dave to refresh my memory before sitting down to write this bizarre encounter, he informed me that the video had been removed from YouTube.

The dog ate my YT video??

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Hehe. I checked the pilot involved in the event and he was actually featured in a Nimitz documentary (callsign "sex") so he is at least legitimate. And he flew the F18 apparently.

I think I saw somebody uploaded the video to YouTube from ATS in the 2007 thread, and I was a bit excited if that was actually the one... That would be weird...
edit on 23-10-2017 by beetee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

The video was originally on this thread in the op, but is now gone.

edit on 23-10-2017 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: waynos

The video was originally on this thread in the op, but is now gone.

As if by magic- the video re-appeared:

originally posted by: Iridomyrmex

This was just uploaded today.

I never saw the originally posted vid, so can't say if it's the same one.
Looks like crappy CGI to me.

Posted on ATS by someone who joined specially to post it the day after it was suddenly bumped in another thread.
*Posters Faux scepticism to add authenticity acknowledged.
Posted on Youtube by someone who only uploads formerly lost military footage and one clip from the FastShow.

Call me sceptical but is this not playing out like a ham fisted ARG....at least leave it a week after (re)generating interest before dropping the vid.

Mods: There are currently 3 threads all discussing the same thing - can anything be done?

edit on 24-10-2017 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   
The link to the video in the OP in 2007 does not work because the website of the relevant German film students is defunct. However, the video can be recovered via the Wayback Machine's Internet Archive.

web.archive.org...://www.vision-unlimited.de/extern/f4.mpg

I provided a copy (and, from memory, I think I also referred to the source via the Wayback Machine's Internet Archive) to a fellow researcher recently when he posted that he was having difficulty obtaining this footage. (It is the same footage which has recently been "leaked" on Youtube...).

More from the same website about the films made by the relevant German film students and how they created the special effects in their productions. (The discussion of the special effects does not, I think, include the "UFO" footage posted on their website):
web.archive.org...://vision-unlimited.de:80/?cgfnzxm=bWFrYnRzMQ%3D%3D
web.archive.org...://vision-unlimited.de:80/?cgfnzxm=ZmlsbWU%3D

edit on 24-10-2017 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2017 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Link to web archive stored copy of original video as provided by Isaac Koi above can be found by going to the:

Wayback machine and search for "http://www.vision-unlimited.de:80/extern/f4.mpg" in the box.
You will get two results for the search and by klicking on the 9th or 17th of february it will download a copy of the file f4.mpg.

It appears to be the same video.

EDIT: It's february 9th or as I ment to type originally. Thanks for pointing it out,

BT
edit on 24-10-2017 by beetee because: The link to the direct download cannot be entered because the forum code messes it up.

edit on 24-10-2017 by beetee because: Remove hyperling

edit on 24-10-2017 by beetee because: Corrected the date

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Tis Feb. 9th....not 7th...

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: KenTodd

Thank you for pointing it out. I ment to type 17th, but the 1 was somehow lost.
I have fixed it now.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Thanks for giving this thread a bump Issac, i hope more information on this incident will be discovered over time!

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
So, I'm generally very skeptical when it comes to these stories. Like, I doubt the SitRep that was linked and all the quotes.

Until a friend of mine posted this article in his Facebook feed.

mobile.nytimes.com...://hotair.com/archives/2017/12/16/video-navy-pilot s-encountered-strange-object-faster-fa-18/

This is the first time that I've seen names associated with this sighting. Well, to my joy, I know one of the crewmembers. Like, I flew with him, deployed with him, I'm FB friends with his wife (for some reason, most of my buddies don't do FB, but their spouses do).

So I reached out to her about his and asked if her husband (my friend) saw this thing. She sent me his cell number and said I could call him about the "tic-tac"

I haven't called him yet, but here is his response:
"Hey Cosmania! something I'd really not thought about until a guy from OSD contacted me a few months ago. Then the Times contacted me to confirm XXXXX's story, so I told them what I could recall. The FLIR video they included is not from us, that was from a different flight, so I don't like that they attributed it to us.
Frankly, when I got back to the ship for my CVIC debrief, I asked them if there was a sub in the area doing cruise missile launch tests, since that seemed like the most plausible explanation I could come up with. I told OSD & the Times reporter that, too.
Anyway, didn't think it would be such a huge deal, just told them what I remembered."

First, I'm mad that I never saw anything cool like that. But I'm super stoked that a guy I know and trust, can attest to the veracity of this story. I'm hoping to call him today or tomorrow for more details.

edit on 18-12-2017 by cosmania because: update

posted on Dec, 18 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

hey isaac! i have seen an lot of posts by you recently, does this means that you have finnaly let that dramatic asshole be the past?
because if yes, YAY we love your posts

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join