It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Generals warn against attacking Iran...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Hi There,

It seems that some sane voices are starting to have themselves heard in America...and at the same time, initiating a political backlash against the current US administration. Perhaps, the dark clouds are beginning to move away? Pretty soon, we just might start to see silver-linings. All we need is for the American people to do what is right at the next election, and not simply oust the WHOLE current administration, but charge them, too. Politicians must be answerable always to the people, and must never be allowed to escape their corruption. Go get 'em Floyds! Here's some wonderful news...

news.bbc.co.uk...

I said three years ago on this very forum that Britain would not allow itself to be used in the manner that it has with Iraq. If America attacks Iran...it will be on its own, and be perceived as the pariah of the western world.

Best wishes

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Yes unfortunately they are EX military. The ones who will do it or not (meaning current military ) wont speak out because the ones that did were quickly retired and replaced w/ people who will follow the administration line ...current generals (most that is) face loss of career and pension and just plain screw them for trying to be sane.. it sucks totally

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Hi There,

I do not doubt that Bush and his cronies are capable of making a similar mistake with Iran as they did with Iraq. they really are stupid and contemptuous enough to condemn the American people to villification from the whole world. However, these generals whom have spoken out, may indeed be 'ex' generals, but not I suggest without influence. I would expect more voices to join their shout, and it would be nice to see the American people get behind them, and if they get behind them, you will start to see journalists doing so, too.

best wishes

[edit on 4/2/07 by elysiumfire]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by elysiumfire
I said three years ago on this very forum that Britain would not allow itself to be used in the manner that it has with Iraq. If America attacks Iran...it will be on its own, and be perceived as the pariah of the western world.

Best wishes

Well, that has nothing to do with morality. The fact is that britain is near the breaking point militarily, economically, and politically. They could not afford to get involved in Iran and quite frankly, Im amazed they survived this long in afghanistan given they are a faux/show military power.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Hmm,

Well, that has nothing to do with morality. The fact is that britain is near the breaking point militarily, economically, and politically. They could not afford to get involved in Iran and quite frankly, Im amazed they survived this long in afghanistan given they are a faux/show military power.

Bull#! It has a lot to do with morality! Britain is not near 'breaking point' as you seem to hope, and your amazement is simply down to ignorance of the British forces and the British people..'faux/show military power'. Ha! what belligerent stupidity! If you want to see a 'faux/show military fiction, read American military, you are not as invincible as you think! If America keeps attacking soverign countries on its whims it will quickly set itself up for the 'fall of a bully'. Mark my words, the world will not stand idly by.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by elysiumfire

Bull#! It has a lot to do with morality! Britain is not near 'breaking point' as you seem to hope

I dont hope, I have read that the british military forces are making major cutbacks and not proceeding with upgrades because they cannot afford to due to their involvement in the war on terror. I guess you cant really expect a small island to have nearly the same military capability that the US has. Anyway, no, this has nothing to do with morality and everything to do with britain being able to walk away from this without losing more than what can be gained. Britain cannot afford further military action, they are stretched too thin as it is. I will be surprised if britain is able to maintain these levels of involvement for much longer, not too mention the british will to fight a war is embarassingly less than the US's. Which is pretty bad considering how much the American public's tolerance for prolonged wars has diminished over the last 30 years.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
If the Americans are willing to pay the UK's defence budget they would gain 100,000 well trained, commited, experienced and long serving soldiers. Probably work out cheaper and be more effective than recruiting 100,000 americans. Maybe thats what the British are getting at, if you want to use us in your pharoah's army you have to pay us LOL.

Plus whats the significance that this advert was placed in a UK newspaper is this a direct appeal to the British by retired American general officers. They want British help to put the brakes on US war plans?

[edit on 4-2-2007 by carslake]

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
theres just no way to stop the course of this situation. america wants to get hold of iran and it will do it. the english will allows follow us lead, and do what they want.

posted on Feb, 4 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by carslake
If the Americans are willing to pay the UK's defence budget they would gain 100,000 well trained, commited, experienced and long serving soldiers. Probably work out cheaper and be more effective than recruiting 100,000 americans. Maybe thats what the British are getting at, if you want to use us in your pharoah's army you have to pay us LOL.

Plus whats the significance that this advert was placed in a UK newspaper is this a direct appeal to the British by retired American general officers. They want British help to put the brakes on US war plans?

[edit on 4-2-2007 by carslake]

I dont have a problem with hiring british mercs. I think its a great idea, if someone in england needed some money, they should be able to do that with the understanding that it isnt an enlistment but a contract subject to termination. Hell, Im willing to bet the US would give/get for them any gear they wanted. might be better to higher mercenaries in certain situations than to actually force the army to serve tour after tour.

top topics

join