It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Fire in the Sky"...the Travis Walton story...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Jrod I agree, scary huh! Hate those things, you know one thing, no good is going to come from them! This reminds me of one night many years ago, everyone was sleeping except my Son and I. He was about 12 yrs old then, and he was trying to fall sleep in his room, I could hear him twisting and turning. My room was right across his.
I'm laying on my back looking up to the ceiling, just thinking of my day, and all these little light balls were dancing on the ceiling. I just smiled and said oh must be my Angels lol Wasn't startled by them, since I've seen so many strange things occur in my life! But this next thing was a hair raiser for sure!
Well the next thing I hear, ( our back door is a dead bolt, the ones with the key, I always take the key out and place it where we all can easily find it, in case of fire!) Anyhow, the window in back of my bed is open, and my room window is about only 2 windows from outside door, about 8 or 10 ft! Well I hear someone putting a key to the outside door and I hear the deadbolt go click, As I hear this, My Son runs in my room saying Mommy you hear that? He jumps in bed with the covers up to his chin, he looks up and said what are those balls of light? We both trying to shake my hubby awake, which he is dead asleep, he never is a sound sleeper by the way! So, I'm like ready to jump out of bed and go look, and then I hear, in a soft Manly Voice say "You don't want to leave your room right now" So I jump back in bed! Trying not to look too scared for my Son! And the next thing I hear is the back door opens and closes, and another click - like relocking the deadbolt! At this point my Son and I are trying to wake my hubby, and he is like still dead asleep! As I'm looking for the phone to dial the police - ( now we have night lights all over the place for the kids) Bathroom is right next to my bed with nightlight on beaming into the hallway so one can see preety clearly!
There in my door way stood this 9ft/10ft black shadow all in a human figure form! Now all these balls of light are still dancing around my ceiling, My Daughter by the way was sleeping at her friends house, Thank God or she be scard for life by this!
My husband at this point wakes up, sits up with this strange look on his face, grabs his pillow and took a few steps, like going straight to the doorway where this shadow being was standing, I'm like Oh My God Stop you can't leave the room, He never leaves the room at night to sleep elsewhere, that was another strange thing, besides not being able to wake him! So he plops back into bed, I'm trying frantically to tell him what is at the doorway, my son also explaining, and my husband is just still like half dead asleep, mumbling something, then this Shadow turns away, proceeds down the hall to the door, you hear it unlock and open the door and close & relock the door! Now like I said my window is open directly behind the bed, and all we see is this really bright light outside and then the next second pitch dark! At this point the dancing Balls of Light on the ceiling continued to be there!
I jump up run to the door with my Son, we check and sure enough the key is exactly where it should be, next to the door in case we ever need to get out in a hurry! We both look at each other, and run back down to my bed!
Of course he is too scared to go sleep in his room, so I have a huge king size bed, and so he is like Mom I can sleep in here tonight can I? I'm like of course sweety. He likes to sleep on the edge of the bed, so I'm all snug in the middle of him and my hubby, we lay there talking about the balls of light still there, I'm assuring him they are our Angels! The next thing I hear out of the blue.....
I now hear a women's voice say Help Me 3 times, but the strange thing the voice sounded like it was coming from underground!
Me and my Son both sat upright, I looked at him, I knew what I heard, but I wanted to see if he heard what I did, so I said Honey did you hear that, he shakes his head yes, and I'm like ok tell mom what you heard, He goes a women saying Help Me 3 times, and Mommy it came from under the house!
Im like oh God, yes mommy heard it too! He says Please Mommy can we trade places, so that he could sleep in the middle of us! Of Course sweety,

Well we laid there for hours, I tried to assure him it was nothing that could hurt us! He starting telling me of strange lights him and his buddy saw in the backyard a few nights ago! He had showed his Dad too, I remember my Hubby mentioning something about the lights! Thats when shivers rose all up my spine, then thinking about the balls of lights, I knew it was our Angels protecting us from the Evil thing that wanted to enter the bedroom but couldn't cross the door way, some of them were dancing about right in front of the doorway! Well my Son and I prayed so hard that night, and after we prayed and bound any evil from even entering our land - on or below or our House - it was then the small balls of light vanished!
I and my Son both believed it was Aliens trying to get to us, when they couldn't enter through the doorway, we thought maybe they wanted to enter through the floor, maybe with our prayers we then heard those they did capture and keep underground? I've heard they have underground bases all over the place. Who knows, all I know is that we pray hard every night, and put a protection on the land, house, family, and they never returned! Thank God! But I know my Angels watch over us too, but that is one night my Son and I will never forget! My Son is 21 now, and he said He remembers that night like it was yesterday!
So all I can say, is that my experience was frieghtning enough, I can just imagine how Travis felt during his! Thought I'd share this with you so you can call on your Angels & the Lord if you believe in them to help you when evil tries to knock at your door! True Story Angel

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Phil Klass claimed to have debunked the Walton case but all he came up with were a series of dots that he ran a line through and ended up nowhere.
I went back through some old emails and found an apparent connection between the Walton case and Gulf Breeze. I'm still sorting through everything but back in the early 90s there were claims made that somehow money was exchanged between Ed Walters and Dr. Maccabee and FUFOR for the promotion of the Gulf Breeze pics. Certain persons offered to pay for Dr. Maccabee to take a lie detector test with the same person who tested Travis Walton and Mike Rodgers. They both passed. It should be noted that this was the second test they had taken.
Oh and Stanton Friedman had offered to pitch in on the expenses.
It always seems when ya look into one thing in the weird world of UFOs ya end wander down a couple other paths. I'll keep goin through this stuff and if I can turn up anything substantial I'll post it.
Walton would appear to be the real deal based on what I've seen.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amazon Lights
"fire in the sky" is one of my favorite UFO movies and storys of all time. I do believe he could just be taking the public for a ride so he can make a quick buck and get some sort of fame but there is still the evidence of him being gone for over a week and all of his friends taking lie detectors and passing.

Has anyone heard of the orignal "fires in the sky" from The Vietnam war? Supposdley soldiers reported seeing strange orange lights "like fires" over the jungle and villages. They claim that when you would see these lights over the villages the next morning whole villages would be gone or burnt to the ground, just vanished not a single person remaining and no one knew anything about their location.

Actually, Travis was offered big bucks to come out and say the story was a hoax...but he declined the offer.

en.wikipedia.org...
here is a detailed article on the entire story.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The thing about Travis Walton is that he claims to only have been abducted once. This appears to be a problem for some researchers who need to make people believe for some reason that people who are abducted are abducted over and over and over again, without exception.

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Hi
It is my belief Travis found the Key after His Experience to Keep those Evil things at Bay!
So if you check out AlienHunter.Com Derrel Sims like I said before, he is a Dear Friend of Travis, and Derrel teaches what one can do to protect himself! I'm sure Derrel being Travis's good friend, he has learned to do just that!
Faith in God, is one Way! This I can tell you that it does, well at least for me!

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
longhaircowboy, I would be very surprised if Bruce Maccabee was involved in anything unethical. I've always considered him one of the more credible investigators. And you're saying Friedman jumped in in an attempt to discredit Maccabee? Do you happen to know what is going on with Ed Walters nowadays? I remember when a UFO model was found in his attic a lot of folks felt it was proof of a hoax but I remember there was some controversy over that with some folks feeling it was a plant. Just wondering where the case stands now? Does Maccabee still stand by his analysis? Sorry for all the questions but I'm just curious and if you have any knowledge I'd be appreciative. Like I said, I was unaware of this money changing hands charge.
By the way Unplugged, here is a link to an About.com story about what the host considers the best abduction cases. On page two he includes a link detailing Allagash. Can't say I agree with some of the other cases he mentions, but they're all interesting.
Best Abduction Cases

[edit on 11-2-2006 by ND124]

posted on Feb, 11 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
No, Friedman offered to cover Maccabees expenses to take the lie detector test. He was only offering financial assistance.
The Gulf Breeze incident is the one case where I have my doubts about Dr. Maccabees involvement. There appears to be some possibility that money may have been involved.
For info on Gulf Breeze pics www.brumac.8k.com... will give you some of Maccabees analysis.
It's a weird and twisted tale as is anything in the wacky world of UFOs.

[edit on 2/11/06 by longhaircowboy]

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Thanks for the link. Like I said, he's someone I've always considered pretty credible and on the up and up so I would be surprised if he was involved with anything shady concerning that case. That's not to say he might not be wrong with his analysis. I'm sure he has been wrong before. It's weird, Ed Walters was such a big presence on the ufo scene and he pretty much disappeared. No one talks about him or Gulf Breeze anymore. Kind of strange.

[edit on 12-2-2006 by ND124]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Fire In The Sky is one of my favourite films. Well acted, great music, etc. I found it quite frightening. I have visited his website and read his version. It seemd in his (book) version, the aliens were less tormenting than in the movie.

I didn't know about his friend's site, so thanks for the link.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Phil Klass claimed to have debunked the Walton case but all he came up with were a series of dots that he ran a line through and ended up nowhere.

I'd say that covers many of his "debunkings"

My favorite Klass debunking is on the Hill case. He asserts that because an episode of Outer Limits aired prior to the Hill encounter, that they simply pulled from it (or somehow saw an imported Japanese sci-fi flick that never aired in any major theater) and concocted the story.... Woohoo! Way to present those facts Phill!!!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenZeroOne

It's on now and I am too scared to watch it again. Those horrible little bastard alien things really upset me. I want to peek -- no, I just turned the tv. off.

No, I don't believe the story is true at all--just like all the others but like I said I was freaked to the point of having two nightmares about those squishy demons. ewwwwwwwwwwwww!

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
fire in the sky was taking the ufo phenomena and just throwing it right in my face as a young kid. that movie sorta scared the crap out of me, when he was being dragged and placed in those cacoon things.eeewwwww..but i never did read the actual acount.

i noticed him in an interview years later and i watched him talk about the incident and he seems to be legit.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unplugged

Originally posted by worldwatcher

...sorry, I've been watching too much Kingdom of Heaven.

Originally posted by ND124

what a crap movie that is...

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Weird. I was thinking about this case earlier today after actually forgetting it existed and wanted to search for any info but had also forgotten the name. Great movie and I also think this is the real deal.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   
This movie used to come on television sometimes, and it was almost like a yearly occurence for me when I was younger. You have to realize i'm scared silly about aliens and potential abductions. I guess it has to deal with that whole fear of the unknown thing.

Anyway everytime this would come on I'd promise myself I wouldn't watch it this time, but sure enough I'd be sitting on my couch with a white knuckled grip on the armholds. I wanted to stop watching it scared me so bad but I was so interested in the idea of alien life that I couldn't stop myself from watching of course.

Then it'd come time for bed and I couldn't sleep I was so scared so I'd usually end up staying awake the whole night and going to school tired. To answer your question I do believe his story. I remember him being on coast to coast AM and I guess he had seen a variety of professional shrinks that had deemed he wasn't disturbed and believed what he had saw. He has alot of proof to go with his story, and I find his one of the most believable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join