It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Fire in the Sky"...the Travis Walton story...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Just curious how many people have heard of/or believe Mr. Walton's story?

I own and love the movie...great acting and intriguing plot even if it is fake. But does anyone believe his actual account? In truth, it's really nothing like the movie portrays it. But still very interesting.

Your thoughts?

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I've only seen the movie, how much of the movie is that much like the real story, are the facts on the net?

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The movie was good, but it differs in some important ways from Walton's story. His own account is pretty interesting stuff - he wrote a book about it called, of course, "Fire in the Sky". Here are some links with tons more info: www.ufoevidence.org...

www.travis-walton.com...

you should also do a search for old threads on ATS.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose
I've only seen the movie, how much of the movie is that much like the real story, are the facts on the net?

The links provided by sharky are excellent, so if you want the most info go there.

But basically, a brief summary is that his "abduction" experience is much different, and more simple, than that portrayed in the film.
The movie has this bizarre, unearthly ship with elaborate, creepy coridors and aliens.
His actual account is much more mainstream...waking up on a table, little greys coming into the room...and eventually it gets much weirder with beings identical to humans coming in and a much more "stereotypical" ship description.

Still, he was missing for 5 days, reportedly without water for that time. And everyone involved passed several polygraph tests.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I saw the movie when I was a wee fella. I liked the way travis kicked the alien in the face when it was trying to chase him. Awesome, inspiring! Fire in the Sky is the reason I'm not afraid of aliens, if they exist and abduct people as has been reported.

*EDIT: Another awesome part is when the little guys gather around and that plastic sheet is laid over him and he screams, looks like he's suffocating. Man this is making me want to download the movie.

[Edited on 12-16-2003 by insite]

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 11:27 PM
link   
travis-walton.com could not be found.

edit:

Well now it works.. that was very strange.

[Edited on 16-12-2003 by Lysergic]

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 11:35 PM
link   
''Fire in the Sky''!
What comes to mind is...........
"fire from heaven" (Apoc. 13:13

It is one of the signs of the last times that there shall be terrors and great signs from heaven (Luke 21:11).
Even a hundred years ago Bishop Ignatius Brianchaninov, in his book On Miracles and Signs (Yaroslavl, 1870, reprinted by Holy Trinity Monastery, Jordanville, N.Y., 1960), remarked on "the striving to be encountered in contemporary Christian society to see miracles and even perform miracles�Such a striving reveals the self-deception, founded on self-esteem and vainglory, that dwells in the soul and possesses it" (p. 32).
True wonder workers have decreased and grown extinct, but people "thirst for miracles more than ever before�We are gradually coming near to the time when a vast arena is to be opened up for numerous and striking false miracles, to draw to perdition those unfortunate offspring of fleshly wisdom who will be seduced and deceived by these miracles" (pp. 48-49).

Of special interest to UFO investigators, "the miracles of Antichrist will be chiefly manifested in the aerial realm, where satan chiefly has his dominion.
The signs will act most of all on the sense of sight, charming and deceiving it. St. John the Theologian, beholding in revelation the events that are to precede the end of the world, says that Antichrist will perform great signs, and will even make fire to come down out of heaven upon the earth in the sight of men (Apoc. 13:13).
This is the sign indicated by Scripture as the highest of the signs of Antichrist, and the place of this sign is the air: it will be a splendid and terrible spectacle" (p. 13).

www.paranetinfo.com...

Sorry for going off the topic!
Hmmmm I have not seen the movie!
helen......

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
''Fire in the Sky''!
What comes to mind is...........
"fire from heaven" (Apoc. 13:13

It is one of the signs of the last times that there shall be terrors and great signs from heaven (Luke 21:11).
Even a hundred years ago Bishop Ignatius Brianchaninov, in his book On Miracles and Signs (Yaroslavl, 1870, reprinted by Holy Trinity Monastery, Jordanville, N.Y., 1960), remarked on "the striving to be encountered in contemporary Christian society to see miracles and even perform miracles�Such a striving reveals the self-deception, founded on self-esteem and vainglory, that dwells in the soul and possesses it" (p. 32).
True wonder workers have decreased and grown extinct, but people "thirst for miracles more than ever before�We are gradually coming near to the time when a vast arena is to be opened up for numerous and striking false miracles, to draw to perdition those unfortunate offspring of fleshly wisdom who will be seduced and deceived by these miracles" (pp. 48-49).

Of special interest to UFO investigators, "the miracles of Antichrist will be chiefly manifested in the aerial realm, where satan chiefly has his dominion.
The signs will act most of all on the sense of sight, charming and deceiving it. St. John the Theologian, beholding in revelation the events that are to precede the end of the world, says that Antichrist will perform great signs, and will even make fire to come down out of heaven upon the earth in the sight of men (Apoc. 13:13).
This is the sign indicated by Scripture as the highest of the signs of Antichrist, and the place of this sign is the air: it will be a splendid and terrible spectacle" (p. 13).

www.paranetinfo.com...

Sorry for going off the topic!
Hmmmm I have not seen the movie!
helen......

Aert De Gelder's 1710 painting "The Baptism of Christ" which portrays a circular halo thing shining beams of light down onto John the Baptist and Jesus. Is Satan mad that jesus is being baptised?

Paolo Uccello's (1396-1475) "La Tebaide" show's a UFO next to Jesus. Maybe Satan is observing Christ's crucifixion.

"The Madonna with Saint Giovannino," unknown artist

Close up from UFO Artwork:

Maybe Satan's stalking Mary from the sky. Don't suspect there'd be much traffic up there in the 15th century, so it would probably go unnoticed, except by the observant shepherd and his dog.

Helen, do you think it is possible that these objects are good as opposed to evil? Each one of these pictures portrays a craft that seems to be watching over the scene protectively (that's how I perceive it).

[Edited on 12-17-2003 by insite]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenZeroOne
Just curious how many people have heard of/or believe Mr. Walton's story?
Your thoughts?

My friend and neighbor grew up there and knew Walton. He says he's totally believable. He doesn't have any doubt that Walton experienced whatever he said he experienced.

My step-mom was also from the area. Didn't know Walton but knew of him and had no reason to disbelieve him.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I think Walton is the most legt abduction case out there.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Agree Unplugged. I would also put Allagash in that category.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
wow this is wierd... synchrocity???

I just pulled "Fire in the Sky" off of my friend's bookshelf yesterday and brought it home with me to read again.. It's on the floor next to my bed.
I read it a fews years back and wanted to revisit the subject and behold the thread is resurrected here on ATS.
I'll comment on the Walton after my second reading, but if I remember correctly it was very frightening, had the same affect on me as Strieber's Communion.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
wow this is wierd... synchrocity???

I just pulled "Fire in the Sky" off of my friend's bookshelf yesterday and brought it home with me to read again.. It's on the floor next to my bed.
I read it a fews years back and wanted to revisit the subject and behold the thread is resurrected here on ATS.
I'll comment on the Walton after my second reading, but if I remember correctly it was very frightening, had the same affect on me as Strieber's Communion.

Clearly the "universal powers that be" want you to read the book again, my friend. It is a sign from God... God wills it!!!

...sorry, I've been watching too much Kingdom of Heaven.

Originally posted by ND124
Agree Unplugged. I would also put Allagash in that category.

I dont think I have ever heard of "Allagash"...But how could this be??

I'll make sure to look it up, thanks for denying me ignorance!

[edit on 8-2-2006 by Unplugged]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Helluva a "bump", after 3 years ! Great story, and I too, am intrigued by it.

Lex

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Hello Everyone!

Just thought I'd let you know Derrel Sims his web site is
www.AlienHunter.com... - He is Very Dear Friends with Travis Walton.

Just thought I would let you know. If your having trouble finding Travis's site I'm sure Derrel can point you to the right direction!

Oh and for the record, Fire In the Sky scared the daylights out of me, lol Was a great movie though! Also that is why Travis wrote the book, since the Producers of Movies always add their own 2cents. Doing so did however add much more thrill to it!
After seeing that movie, you wonder about the countless people that go missing each day and that are never found! Just the thought that their may be one suffering the same fate as the movie, makes me quench.
Also when you see all the cows & horses that are mutilated, makes me shiver to think what the greys do to some whom they abduct!
With all the countless reports of abductions being told, I for one believe they are real!
So if you find yourself in the midst of an evil gray, stand on the Word of God, and they will flee! The most powerful weapon against them! Angel

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I also agree that this is probably the most believable abduction account out there. But as im reading a few peoples replies where they thought the whole move abduction scene was "cool" and "inspiring" im thinking what the heck? I admit I was young when I first saw that movie but even now I still get nightmares from that scene

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I hear you Jimbo, all I can say is Thank God, I'm a grown up lol. Reason being, I forever was always asking Mom if she was sure their were no such thing as Monsters! And of course she always reassured me there wasn't.
Of course back when I was little, this was never talked about, like today, especially now that you can add the internet along with tv, you have a lot of ways to gain knowledge through.
Anyhow, Thank God also that my kids are grown enough that I don't have to tip toe around that question

When I sit back and think, I mean really think about all this, I shake my head almost in disbelief, knowing the fact it is all so very much true & way too real!
Gee what next, I remember saying as a child, Thank God their are no Dinosaurs especially Dear ol Rex Yikes! Now Good Grief they made Dolly...what next... don't even want to think of that possibility!
YIKES !!! But I do like the Part When God says Vengence is Mine Saith The Lord! Someday they will all get whats coming to them! Thankfully He made a Nice Dark Place for all the Monsters to live in! Then Once Again we can tell the Children for Real This Time, No Sweety their are No Such Thing As Monsters! Hee Hee Life is Scary at times though isn't it...

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite
I saw the movie when I was a wee fella. I liked the way travis kicked the alien in the face when it was trying to chase him. Awesome, inspiring! Fire in the Sky is the reason I'm not afraid of aliens, if they exist and abduct people as has been reported.

*EDIT: Another awesome part is when the little guys gather around and that plastic sheet is laid over him and he screams, looks like he's suffocating. Man this is making me want to download the movie.

[Edited on 12-16-2003 by insite]

This movie makes you not afraid?

Ive seen the movie and it is the reason I am afraid of them. I havent read the book but in the movie when the aliens were dragging him through the spaceship after he kicked the one and tried to get away there were broken eye glasses, a baby's shoe and other personel things that made it seem like there have been many others have been dragged through the tunnel. Unforunatly I havent read the book yet.

I do believe this is the most convincing abduction account that is out there.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I think this is definitely a case that has some merit...

While researching the Hill case, I came upon an interview in which Betty Hill (notorious for disbelieving the majority of abductees) found Travis very credible.

This case is definitely in my "to examine more thoroughly" pile....

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
"fire in the sky" is one of my favorite UFO movies and storys of all time. I do believe he could just be taking the public for a ride so he can make a quick buck and get some sort of fame but there is still the evidence of him being gone for over a week and all of his friends taking lie detectors and passing.

Has anyone heard of the orignal "fires in the sky" from The Vietnam war? Supposdley soldiers reported seeing strange orange lights "like fires" over the jungle and villages. They claim that when you would see these lights over the villages the next morning whole villages would be gone or burnt to the ground, just vanished not a single person remaining and no one knew anything about their location.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join