It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush's Medical Records

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
On CNN I found the following story.

CNN.com

What I don't understand is where are the liberal defenders of human rights now?

I have witnessed many protests in NYC by a group singing "Drop the Rock". This is a group that is dedicated to repealing the Rockefeller Drug Laws which are among the strictest out there. They believe (from what they say in their speeches and literature) that a drug addict is a person with a problem who should not be jailed but should be treated for their problem. This is a favorite cause of liberals in NY and elsewhere.

Limbaugh has admitted an addiction to prescription painkillers that he says he is trying to break.

He went off the air for five weeks in October to enter a drug treatment program.

His attorneys wrote the court they want to prevent investigators and the public from looking at the records.

I don't get it... here's a guy who according to the same liberals above "has a problem." He left his job and went to rehab to seek help. He has showed that he knows he has a problem and would like to fix it. The only problem is because he's Rush Limbaugh you will NOT see one liberal stand up and ask why the man is being beaten to a pulp by people who would like nothing more than to throw his PERSONAL medical records onto thesmokinggun.com or whatever.

It just goes to show that these defenders of human rights are just as petty as anyone else and only defend those who it is popular to defend. Nice job in proving how important individual's rights are guys.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Agree. But you know the saying u reap what you sow? Well Rush has been known to say on his show all drug users should be thrown in jail, fine by me start with his hypocrite ass. I hate drug users anyway.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Rush is HARDLY being 'beaten to a pulp' as you claim.

He's getting more than kid gloves, and fair treatment. IN fact, MORE fair treatment than MOST.

THAT'S the point 'libs' are making. They'd shout joyous songs from the roof tops IF this Rush case forced REAL change in harsh, punitive drug addict laws.

What they see instead is a man on the air, pleading his case and tainting the juror pool, when they know good and well any of THEM (or you) would be in jail. It's BS he won't see a single drug charge, but instead Feds scape goat the issue entirely for his money laundering.

I totally understand Libs pointing to this as evidence supporting them though. The slogan "Arrest that Junkie" has another option: "Or free Tommy Chong".

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 04:38 AM
link   
First off, there is a big difference between taking a presciption, and have it become addictive, then it is to smoke crack or snort coke.

There is a choice in the latter rather than the former. Should he have gotten help sooner? Oh yeah.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
First off, there is a big difference between taking a presciption, and have it become addictive, then it is to smoke crack or snort coke.

Not really Crack heads think about it 24 hours a day and Rush dreams about hillbilly herion 24 hours a day. Rush is no better then a crack addict period. Hell he was so addicted to it he was doctor shopping to find it. Even buying it from the same low lifes he blasted on his show day after day. Least we know how he lost all that weight drugs are good for that hahahaha.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Nobody likes a hypocrite.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Rush admitted he had a drug problem & that he went to rehab. My question is, why did he have to get caught first before he admitted he had a drug problem & went to rehab? If the Enquierer didn't break the story he'd probably STILL be popping pills. Here Rush is desperate to save his own a$$ blaming his maid. Now he's saying she blackmailed him. Huh? The story broke back in early October & we're JUST NOW hearing about his maid blackmailing him?

MESSAGE TO RUSH: Your Maid proably saved your life you ungrateful junkie!

[Edited on 23-12-2003 by romantico]

top topics

join