It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dirty Food from KBR (Halliburton)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The Pentagon repeatedly warned contractor Halliburton-KBR that the food it served to US troops in Iraq was "dirty," as were as the kitchens it was served in, NBC News reported Friday.
Halliburton-Kellogg Brown and Root's promises to improve "have not been followed through," according to a Pentagon report that warned "serious repercussions may result" if the contractor did not clean up, the television network reported.

The Pentagon reported finding "blood all over the floor," "dirty pans," "dirty grills," "dirty salad bars" and "rotting meats ... and vegetables" in four of the military messes the company operates in Iraq, NBC said, citing Pentagon documents.

The report came as President George W. Bush fended off Pentagon reports that Halliburton-KBR overcharged 61 million dollars for gasoline it sold the military in Iraq. Dick Cheney ran Halliburton for five years until becoming vice president.

Bush said that if an overcharge were found, the money should be paid back.

The company feeds 110,000 US and coalition troops daily at a cost of 28 dollars per troop per day, NBC said.

The Pentagon found unclean conditions at four locations in Iraq, including one in Baghdad and two in Tikrit. Even the mess hall where Bush served troops their Thanksgiving dinner was dirty in August, September and October, according to NBC.

This adds up to "a company that arrogantly is overcharging when they can get away with it and not providing the quality of service that they agreed to do," Representative Henry Waxman, Democrat of California, told NBC.

Halliburton-Kellogg Brown and Root told NBC that "hostile conditions" pose special challenges as they served the 21 million meals so far to the troops at 45 sites in Iraq.

"We have taken quick action to improve," the company said.

www.spacewar.com...

Price Gouging and non-delivery on service level agreements, in this case, over facilities management - food service in particular.
I wonder how many of our soldiers are suffering from disentary?
I wonder why only a select few have screamed over the outrageousness of one company having the facilities management contract for all Army & Navy sites world wide!?!?!

Do the math:

Just for Iraq = 110,000 x $28 = $3,080,000 a DAY !!!

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   
That $28 a day per head seems kind of high, no?

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Bout Time,
yeah it does

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I had no idea Halliburton was behind the military�s food. I thought it was a French company thanks for clearing it up.

[Edited on 23-12-2003 by DiRtYDeViL]

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Bout Time,

I have commented on this in another thread...

Schlumberger - Profiteers of Terrorism

I address this French-based bull# article in there as well.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Perhaps they should've allowed competing contracts.........

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 05:52 PM
link   
KBR does not prepare food for the troops, or perform janitorial services in the mess hall. They constructed the facilities, and they truck in supplies - including food and clean clothes, and fuel.

If the food is ill-prepared, and the mess hall unsanitary...it sounds like a CO needs to be kicking some rank and file ass.

This is a bull# article.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time

Actually, the minimum per-diem rate for military members is $36 per day...$28 a day is a break to the government.

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voice_of Doom
Perhaps they should've allowed competing contracts.........

What you have to remember is that there are very few, if any, contractors willing to serve meals in a combat zone....

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Excuse me Affirmative Reaction but how do you know all of this off the top of your head? :cough: spook :cough:

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The Pentagon said Monday that the Halliburton Company would repay the government for overcharges estimated at $27.4 million for meals served to American troops at five military bases in Iraq and Kuwait last year, but the company did not admit to any wrongdoing [?!?].

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Affirmative Reaction

Actually, the minimum per-diem rate for military members is $36 per day...$28 a day is a break to the government.

12 dollars per meal? (36 a day)
Damn, what do they eat?

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Halliburton in $16M food probe Report: Contractor allegedly overcharged U.S. military for food-service work.

money.cnn.com...

Halliburton Branch to Pause Meal Billing A Halliburton Co. subsidiary has agreed to stop billing the government for feeding U.S. troops in Kuwait until the two sides settle what the company says is an accounting dispute.

www.newsday.com...

Man, I wish I could have a $16M to $27M "accounting dispute" in my favor with my clients!

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm

Originally posted by Affirmative Reaction

12 dollars per meal? (36 a day)
Damn, what do they eat?

A per diem rate is not reflective on a contract vendor rate.
For example, you get the per diem for out & about meal purchases.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
They eat a lot. When I was in the Marines, these sick bastards I knew would eat like 4 plates of food. I was like "Eh chief, you gonna be done sometime today"

and they were like "Duh, I'm big."

and I was like "Yeah, so's a mack truck, but it takes less time to fuel up one of those bad boys."

and he was like "yeah"

it was cool.

Sorry, I'm in wierd mode today. I CAN'T GET OUT OF IT

top topics

join