It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's going on in DC?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Not sure if this the right forum.

First, a suspicious package was found at the Bradock Metro station this morning. Still investigating.

Second, smoke was reported at West Falls Church Metro station. Still investigating.

Third, right now I am watching out our office window. We are above the Farragut North Metro station. There are 11 fire trucks and multiple police etc. cars out there. They have shut down the metro entrance and blocked off the streets.

Anyone able to be watching the news to tell me what the heck is going on? Thanks.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Probably unrelated but this in Boston this morning as well:

BREAKING NEWS: A bomb squad used a small explosive to neutralize a suspicious package in Charlestown that forced the shutdown of I-93 North and the Sullivan Square T station. --Developing

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Haven't seen anything on the news yet, but I wish everyone in those areas the best. Doesn't sound good..

Edit: www.nbc4.com...

[edit on 31-1-2007 by bluesquareapple]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The news is saying it was a fire at the Farragut North Metro. It just seems too coincidental that three seperate things happened today on the Metro.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The Boston package was blown up by the police. No word yet on what they think it was.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Togetic
The Boston package was blown up by the police. No word yet on what they think it was.

boston.com

Transit police Lieutenant Salvatore Venturelli said that a passenger had noticed the object at 8:05 a.m. and alerted authorities. The object did have some components consistent with an improvised explosive device including an electronic circuit board, but it was not a bomb, Venturelli said.

That's some good news...

Anyway this has sort of freaked me out. I live right up the street from this train station.

Any one have any updates in DC?

mod edit, fix link

[edit on 31-1-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Simple.

If the news agencies werent reporting about this, who knows whats going on today the government does not want televised. So "some" have orders to go out and cause a few distractions. We'
ve seen this over and over for years now.

No biggie.

new topics

top topics

join