It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rodriguez testimony corroboration?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I posted this in a different thread, but feel it's important enough to post in it's own thread.

This witness was in the North Tower (same as Rodriguez) when the plane hit.

>>> Teresa Veliz, the facilities manager for a software development company, was on the 47th floor of the North Tower when Flight 11 hit. First, like many witnesses, she describes the building shaking twice:

"I got off [the elevator], turned the corner and opened the door to the ladies' room. I said good morning to a lady sitting at a mirror when the whole building shook. I thought it was an earthquake. Then I heard those banging noises on the other side of the wall. It sounded like someone had cut the elevator cables. It just fell and fell and fell.

I began to cry. "Oh, my God, I just got off that elevator!" I said. "That could have been me." I prayed those other people had gotten off on the 48th floor before the elevator dropped. But I didn't have much time to be upset because the building shook again, this time even more violently. The lady at the mirror grabbed onto me and held on for dear life."

Notice she says that the building shook again more violently. What would cause the building to shake more violently? An explosion in the basement or a plane hitting the building? I'd say a plane. So, is this more evidence that WTC 1 had a bomb go off in the basement BEFORE the plane hit?

And if the plane impact was the second shake, what caused the elevators to be dropped?

I would say that the elevator cables are the clue. The first shake HAD to be the plane (unless they cut the elevator cables just for the heck of it).

So, maybe Rodriguez is wrong when he says that there was a bomb before the plane impact? Does it matter though if the explosion occured before or after the impact? I really don't think so.

Help people....I'm confuzzled.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Teresa Veliz was a manager for a software development firm. She was on the 47th floor of the North Tower when American 11 struck. Veliz was able to reach the ground level at about the same time that the South Tower collapsed

www.bcrevolution.ca...

she heard the first plane striking their building and then the other one collapse.

btw post the link to the site where you pulled the story...

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeMitsuko

Teresa Veliz was a manager for a software development firm. She was on the 47th floor of the North Tower when American 11 struck. Veliz was able to reach the ground level at about the same time that the South Tower collapsed

www.bcrevolution.ca...

she heard the first plane striking their building and then the other one collapse.

btw post the link to the site where you pulled the story...

Thanks for the link. it's not the same link as what I had but I think it has the same info.

I began to cry. "Oh, my God, I just got off that elevator!" I said. "That could have been me." I prayed those other people had gotten off on the 48th floor before the elevator dropped. But I didn't have much time to be upset because the building shook again, this time even more violently. The lady at the mirror grabbed onto me and held on for dear life."

Source: www.thememoryhole.org...

That's my source. Sorry for forgetting to include it.

Anyway, as you can see, since she was still in the restroom when the building shook the second time, it could not have been building 2 falling. How could she be in 2 places at once? She also says that she had just gotten off the elevator that dropped from the first shake but didn't have time to think about it because of the second shake. Unless you think it took her 102 minutes to go to the restroom. I know women take a long time but?

Thanks for proving my point by bolding the part that says she made it to the ground when building 2 collapsed.

There is no way she is talking about building 2's collapse. Nice try though.

[edit on 1/30/2007 by Griff]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
from your source.

"I got off [the elevator], turned the corner and opened the door to the ladies' room. I said good morning to a lady sitting at a mirror when the whole building shook. I thought it was an earthquake. Then I heard those banging noises on the other side of the wall. It sounded like someone had cut the elevator cables. It just fell and fell and fell.

the plane clearly had enough force to cut the cables of the elevators.
so the first boom was the plane hitting the building and the second one was the elevators falling and slamming into the ground.

problem solved.

[edit on 30-1-2007 by DeMitsuko]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

from your source.

the plane cearly had enough force to cut the cables of the elevators.
so the first boom was the plane hitting the building and the second one was the elevators falling and slamming into the ground.

problem solved.

You make a good point except that none of the elevators slammed into the ground. They ALL had their brakes go on. And how does an elevator slamming to the ground create a shake of the building that would be STRONGER than the plane slamming into it? Remember that if it was an elevator, that it would have hit bedrock. Bedrock is not going to oscilate that force back into the tower.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
You make a good point except that none of the elevators slammed into the ground. They ALL had their brakes go on. And how does an elevator slamming to the ground create a shake of the building that would be STRONGER than the plane slamming into it? Remember that if it was an elevator, that it would have hit bedrock. Bedrock is not going to oscilate that force back into the tower.

Past problems with hydraulic elevators meant such elevators built prior to a code change in 1972 were subject to possible catastrophic failure. The code had previously required only single-bottom hydraulic cylinders; in the event of a breach of the cylinder, an uncontrolled fall of the elevator might result.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elevator#Elevator_safety

you can see that they could fall. and as far as saying what is the stronger sound... well... if you want your theory to be based on this then be my guest but im staying with common sense and evidence.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Past problems with hydraulic elevators meant such elevators built prior to a code change in 1972 were subject to possible catastrophic failure. The code had previously required only single-bottom hydraulic cylinders; in the event of a breach of the cylinder, an uncontrolled fall of the elevator might result.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elevator#Elevator_safety

you can see that they could fall. and as far as saying what is the stronger sound... well... if you want your theory to be based on this then be my guest but im staying with common sense and evidence.

Yes could fall. Did any elevator fall? I don't so. I'm not positive but I think we have come to find out that none did.

Well, since I am talking about the shaking of the building (which is a physical quantity felt by her and not the sound) your common sense is wrong. Why do you keep trying to pull this thread into something it's not? I nor Teresa Veliz are talking about sound. She says the building shook. Does that sound like a sound to you?

BTW, what evidence are you talking about? That the elevator could have fallen? Even if it did, do you think that would shake the building more than a plane slamming into it?

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
From your own link to wicki.

Elevator accidents

U.S.
Texas, December 22, 2006. A 75-year-old man was killed during the evacuation of a malfunctioning elevator in Houston, Texas. [6]

Ohio, October 20, 2006. A student at The Ohio State University was killed while riding an elevator in a dormitory. The elevator began to descend while the doors were still open, and he became pinned between the building and the car while trying to exit the crowded elevator, causing asphyxiation. Brake tests were run on the elevator, which involves loading the car with 125% of its rated load capacity. The elevator in question (and a few others on campus) failed this test. [7] [8][9] [11]

Colorado 2000, fatality of a Thyssen-Krupp Elevator employee whose helper working with him lowered the Thyssen-Krupp elevator they were working on on top of him, crushing him. OSHA investegated and showed neglect in the training of new employees in safety hazards.

New York 2004. Fatality involving malfunction of freight elevator. [12] [13]

Texas, August 16, 2003. Decapitation of doctor in old Otis made elevator. [10] Internal investigation concluded that a wire in an electrical panel was incorrectly connected. Kone, Inc., which had recently been servicing the elevator was later dismissed. [14]

New Orleans, July 2003. Fatality involving malfunction of elevator at the Kenner Regional Medical Center. [15]

Michigan 1999. Woman age 56 on gurney became lodged between elevator car and shaft wall and dragged four floors. [16]

The Bronx, New York, January 6, 1995. Runaway elevator in office building decapitated 55-year-old James Chenault as he tried to help fellow passengers out of a malfunctioning car. [17]

Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, April 22, 1997. Explosion in pit of a Kone elevator during modernization in a Post Office injures 2 elevator workers.
[18]

Notice it says nothing about the elevators at the WTC. I assume because they worked as they were suppossed to.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe that an elevator would fall to the ground, first the cables are the same type used on air craft carriers that stop incoming aircraft, and I can only assume that there where 6 cables, 4 minimum, one cable can hold the sling and car with no problems.
There is also one other cable that runs from the top of the elevator sling up to the penthouse around a gin wheel back down the shaft then back up to the bottom of the sling where it is attached to two sets of metal teeth. The gin wheel in the penthouse has 3 doglegs on it that swing outward when it passes a set RPM when this happens the cable stops and releases the spring loaded teeth that then bite the rails bringing the cab and sling to a stop.
There is also very lager springs in the pit that would dampen the impact if the teeth could not stop the sling. I still would not want to be in it though. Murphy's Law

ps, I used to install and refurbish elevators in the late 70's I was only a journey man back then, one more year and I would have made Elevator Mechanic.

edit
Sorry Griff, sort of derail here a bit, anyway you where talking of Rodriguez testimony corroboration?

[edit on 30/1/2007 by Sauron]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I wonder if there were multiple explosions in different parts of the building as the jet impacted: one that was louder to the woman on the 47th floor after the impact, and at least one before the impact in the basement levels. No hard evidence, just a thought.

Anyway I thought this might help some:

I resized it some for posting, so if you open it separately it'll be easier to read. There may have been other significant info too, that I didn't include.

I found three other accounts at these sites:
www.williambowles.info...
www.propagandamatrix.com...

If anyone wants to contest their identities or whatever, I know that there's video footage of at least two or three of them available on the internet; they're co-workers of Rodriguez's. Morelli's actual testimony (in a video) can be found elsewhere, and Pecoraro's in an interview with Fire Engineering Magazine or something like that. Just do a quick Google search and info should come right up.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
edit
Sorry Griff, sort of derail here a bit, anyway you where talking of Rodriguez testimony corroboration?

No problem. Your expertise goes along with this thread.

new topics

top topics

join