It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More about the Federal tax legality..Link from NYTIMES..video about Aaron Russo link

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Found this interesting arcticle from the NYTimes. I don't know about the authenticiity of the arcticle but is interesting to read and makes you wonder.

www.apfn.org...

Also found this video about Aaron Russo and his movie www.freedomtofascism.com... .

"Aaron Russo takes things quite a bit beyond where Michael Moore did, and attempts to explain in full detail that the there the US income tax is a fraud and that there is nothing in the tax code that says you have to pay tax on your labor."

[edit on 28-1-2007 by I See You]

[edit on 28-1-2007 by I See You]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I stopped paying the illegal federal income tax on all wages that are not liable for taxation.

Of course, i still pay buttloads of legal and legitimate taxes in the forms of; Sales tax, Gas tax, Property Tax, and etc.

However, i will never again file a 1040 for regular working wages. The only time i will file with the IRS is when i earn legally taxable income such as gains from corporate investments such as capital gains on stock sales.

I actually got refunds from the IRS when i stopped paying...

[edit on 1/28/2007 by sp00n1]

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
My wife owns her own small business. What would happen if we didn't claim it as income and I only filed my w2? I'm trying to understand. I don't want anything coming back on us as we own a home and have children. We are only talking about 60k that my wife made and we havn't paid any tax at all on it as we do it at the end of the year and pay what we owe. But without adding her to mine we would get a good refund because of the children, house, etc.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It depends on the business classification. Corporations MUST pay income tax on their revenues. Corporation stockholders MUST pay income tax in the form of capital gains.

However, employees are not really legally required to pay income tax on normal wages. Wages are not defined as income is defined in the 16th amendment by the supreme court. The congress has not actually passed a law making employees liable for income tax, as they cannot constitutionally do so.

However, keep in mind that we are dealing with criminals here. Our government IS organized crime. Dont think that just because you havent broken a law means that you will not get convicted. They choose stupid people for these juries and do not allow them to hear the evidence that there is no real law.
Just because you're actually innocent doesnt mean you get aquited. Just because you;re guilty doesnt mean you go to jail. Guilty people go free all the time, just look at OJ.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
HA HA HA, look at the H&R block ad on this screen!!! Google looks at keyword density to determine which ads to run, and since this is a tax protest topic, theres a lot of keywords like; taxes, income tax, 1040, IRS, cpa, and etc...

Ha, like im going to pay H&R block to help the government steal my money!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
um
the federal income tax is highly legal
it's called the 16th amendment
it passed with more than enough votes in the house and senate
and was then ratified by 42 states
it gives the federal government the power to tax ALL income

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   
it is is legal what about,

SUPREME COURT

Stanton v. Baltic Mining Co., 240 U.S. 103 (1916)

the 16th Amendment conferred no new power of taxation,

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
um
the federal income tax is highly legal

Federal Income Tax is legal...for those that it applies to. All others (those working for, and only for wages) are exempt.

it's called the 16th amendment
it passed with more than enough votes in the house and senate
and was then ratified by 42 states

Supposedly. But it was claimed ratified by some dude who was about to leave office VERY soon.

it gives the federal government the power to tax ALL income

Correct and all INCOME is described in detail by the Supreme Court. All INCOME has nothing to do with the average american working to live. It's for Corporationsand those who benifit from said Corporations in form of Capital Gains.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by talisman
it is is legal what about,

SUPREME COURT

Stanton v. Baltic Mining Co., 240 U.S. 103 (1916)

the 16th Amendment conferred no new power of taxation,

it said no new power because the supreme court ruled that the united states federal government always had the power to do so
and that the 16th Amendment was a redundancy

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sp00n1
It depends on the business classification. Corporations MUST pay income tax on their revenues. Corporation stockholders MUST pay income tax in the form of capital gains.

earnings on investments in corporations are Dividends. Many companies pay a dividend to shareholders and you pay tax on this income. If you held the stock for more than a year this income is taxed as a long term capital gain and you pay a lower rate than your ordinary income tax rate.

If you sell the stock for a profit, you pay tax on the profit (sale minus cost). If you held the stock for more than a year, you pay a reduced rate (long term capital gain). If you held the stock for less than one year, you pay tax at your regular income tax rate.

Originally posted by sp00n1However, employees are not really legally required to pay income tax on normal wages. Wages are not defined as income is defined in the 16th amendment by the supreme court. The congress has not actually passed a law making employees liable for income tax, as they cannot constitutionally do so.

here's what happens if you don't file your taxes and you have wages, with taxes withheld. The IRS will file the taxes for you. They will not give you any deductions, even if you are entitled to them unless they are aware of them (mortgage interest). You might wind up with a refund but you might be getting back less than you are entitled to as a result of this lack of information on the IRS' part.

If you owe them money, they will try and get it from you. They will put a levy on any bank accounts that they can find, they will garnish your wages(which sucks twice because now your employer knows your a tax dodge). They can put you in jail for not reporting income but they tend to do this in cases where the publicity will benefit them in the form of a scare tactic. When people read that Wesley Snipes or Leona Helmsley cannot escape the clutches of the IRS, they tend to figure that they, being normal, ordinary folks, will also suffer, possibly even more, if they screw with the IRS.

Originally posted by sp00n1
They choose stupid people for these juries and do not allow them to hear the evidence that there is no real law.

Both sides pick the jury. If your lawyer makes bad decisions, you get stuck with a bad jury but a good lawyer should weed out the morons.

I would never openly brag on a public forum that I don't file tax returns. Steve Rubell once bragged in an interview that the club he owned (Studio 54) was making barrels of money and "what the IRS doesn't know won't kill them." He was audited and he lost. Went to Jail as part of his punishment for such stupidity.

Sp00n1, you say you work and don't pay taxes and even get a refund. If your employer is withholding money, you are paying taxes, you are getting back what is rightfully yours and there is even a decent chance that you are not getting back what you are actually entitled to. Rather than brag about how you are screwing the gov't, you might want to check and see if they aren't screwing you. (granted, if you're not reporting other income that you earn that the IRS doesn't know about (nonemployee comp) than you might be beating them out but they tend to find out about these things and they tend to be somewhat vigorous in their attempts to get their tax dollars)

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Ok, aside from the article from the NY Times (that guy who wrote it admitted his Idiocy and fallic claims), I have a some question, for those who are knowledgable in the area.

What is Federal Income Tax?

A tax to live in the US, or a tax to work in the US?
Why is it so high for such low numbers starting off? 10%-15% from those only making $10k a year...

And what is it used for (besides Military)?

And why are all these taxes imposed?!

Air emissions fee
Alcoholic beverage tax
Cigarette and tobacco tax
Contamination tax
Controlled substance tax
Corporate franchise tax
Corporate franchise tax for
nonprofit organizations (UBIT)
Dry cleaner fees
Estate and trust tax
Fur clothing tax
Hazardous waste fee
Individual income tax
Insurance taxes
Lawful gambling tax
Metropolitan landfill fee
Mineral taxes
MinnesotaCare
Mortgage registry tax and deed tax
Partnership
Petroleum taxes
Property tax
Property tax refund
REA membership tax
Revenue Recapture Program
S Corporation tax
Sales and use tax
Severed mineral interest payments
Solid waste management tax
Sports bookmaking tax
Water quality fee
Wind energy production tax
Withholding tax
Use tax for individuals
etc.

Wouldn't it be easier, for each state to have their OWN tax systems. And the States themselves pay a tax to Federal Government (Govt. Salaries, etc.)

And one that you'd only need to pay maybe 10% starting off for minimum wagers and climb steadily to 60-70% for those who make millions-billions a year.

And that would cover ALL costs for that state. And the state let the people vote on what issues that tax money should be apportioneed to?

School, Military, Healthcare, etc.?

Is it just me, or does our current system seem very inifficient and wasteful?

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
each state does have their own income tax (some states, like Florida don't have an income tax).

The federal income tax is a tax on all income, worldwide if you are a citizen of the US. This includes wages, interest, dividends, capital gains, rent, royalties, pension distributions, state tax refunds (provided they were taken as a deduction in the prior year), business income for unincorrorated individuals, farm income, etc.

Basically, if you receive money you pay tax on it. There are some exceptions (tax free interest, gifts, inheritences etc).

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
each state does have their own income tax (some states, like Florida don't have an income tax).

The federal income tax is a tax on all income, worldwide if you are a citizen of the US. This includes wages, interest, dividends, capital gains, rent, royalties, pension distributions, state tax refunds (provided they were taken as a deduction in the prior year), business income for unincorrorated individuals, farm income, etc.

Basically, if you receive money you pay tax on it. There are some exceptions (tax free interest, gifts, inheritences etc).

So why can't an employer give you 'gifts' as you 'work for free'?

Seriously though...So everytime money is exchanged, there's a tax on it? And it's between 10-50%? That's almost ludicrous!

Where does all this money go? That must be trillions per year. We're never seeig it, that's for sure. I thought Direct Taxes needed to be Apporiotned according to the Constitution?

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arcane DemesneSo everytime money is exchanged, there's a tax on it? And it's between 10-50%? That's almost ludicrous!

Where does all this money go? That must be trillions per year. We're never seeig it, that's for sure. I thought Direct Taxes needed to be Apporiotned according to the Constitution?

well, provided you know how to prepare your tax returns, or you have an accountant who knows what they are doing, you minimize the tax bite as much as possible, within the confines of the tax code. Being more aggressive with your deductions can result in lower taxes but the alternative minimum tax is making that harder to pull off.

as to where the money goes, well, the gov't overspends and wastes tons of money every year.

top topics

join