It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Brides - Chinese Superstition Begets Murder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
This totally threw me for a loop. It's a short story begging to be written...

news.yahoo.com...

Chinese police have arrested three men for killing two young women to sell their corpses as "ghost brides" for dead single men, a Chinese newspaper reported, warning the dark custom might have claimed many other victims.

Yang Donghai, a 35-year-old farmer in western China's Shaanxi province, confessed to killing a woman bought from a poor family for 12,000 yuan ($1,545) last year.

She thought she was being sold into an arranged marriage, but Yang killed her in a gully and sold her corpse for 16,000 yuan, the Legal Daily reported on Thursday. He and two accomplices then killed a prostitute and sold her for 8,000 yuan before police caught them.

I'm totally in awe of this story. I believe it's true, but it's just so out there...

Has anyone ever heard of this before? It's news to me anyway.

If any of y'all have heard of this belief before, have you ever heard of women being murdered in connection with it? Did this used to happen more frequently, does it still happen with some frequency?

Blows my mind...

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

I'm totally in awe of this story. I believe it's true, but it's just so out there...

Has anyone ever heard of this before? It's news to me anyway.

If any of y'all have heard of this belief before, have you ever heard of women being murdered in connection with it? Did this used to happen more frequently, does it still happen with some frequency?

Blows my mind...

I would say it is true though I never heard of it.
Consider one or two cases in one billion population. It is not big issue.

What about eating human flesh? A guy met a guy on internet and then submit himself to be killed and eaten by his internet friend?
That's more blowing, turbo mind blowing.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I tried this thread and I guess I didnt do it right.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I still think that these guys need to go away for a good long time.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
My apologies, I didn't realize there was a thread already on this topic. If I'm not mistaken, your thread was first, and has gotten more responses, so I'm going to try to get this one closed.

new topics

top topics

join