It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this how they built Stonehenge? The Pyramids?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I found this to be extremely interesting when it comes to moving heavy blocks and large objects. One man moving a block that weighs as much as two bulldozers with no machines or pulleys.

Is this how they built such incredable monuments?

[edit on 26-1-2007 by mrwupy]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Probably not.

The methods this guy uses work with concrete blocks with flat, smooth surfaces, and Stonehenge's stones are not like that.

Also, the method he used to raise the concrete block did not use any tools if we forget about all those wood planks and the wood structure used to maintain the planks in their place. How many tools did he use to make those?

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
i can see how a small number of dedicated Druid priests as the engineers & architects, did a fairly long project (2-3 years?)
using novice Druid monks as the labor force to erect the structure itself...

the masonry & transport of the quarry stones was done by both volunteers and conscripts from the population...

i vaguely recall seeing either this video or a similar one sometime back,
most likely on a ATS thread

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
It's interesting and suggestive. There are referencs in at least one text (and in Heroditus) that they used a system of wooden levers to move the blocks of stone into place.

It's interesting enough that it's being discussed (and not dismissed) on several scholarly lists.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   

using novice Druid monks as the labor force to erect the structure itself...

Druids didn't exist at the time stonehenge was built

although the modern order of bards druids and ovids would rather forget that little detail every midsummers day

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Probably not.

The methods this guy uses work with concrete blocks with flat, smooth surfaces, and Stonehenge's stones are not like that.

Also, the method he used to raise the concrete block did not use any tools if we forget about all those wood planks and the wood structure used to maintain the planks in their place. How many tools did he use to make those?

Perhaps when the stonehedge build the stones would be flat with smooth surfaces and through the pass of time, rain, wind, neglect the stones corroded.

About the method, does this sound imposible to you?
Cyclopean masonry isn't hard to believe.

The video is an other shattered evidence supporting the capabilities of human instead of having built by aliens.

I just don't understand why we underestimate the early humans and believe that only today we are capable of gread and momentous things.

Again very good video.

Dragon

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
This is a fantastic video.
It is amazing to see what people can do when they use their brains well.

To see this man move a house on his own with no machines realy puts a smile on my face.

I find it a bit more believable that old structures where build in this way than with magical powers

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   
i've seen the sand removal thingy before. very plausible. why couldn't they have made a stone "walkway" for the blocks they moved?
there are very heavy stones that move in the desert by themselves, just from wind and rain.
what bothers me- in at least 5 places on earth, at the same time, they built pyramids. but how did they suddenly get the math, astronomy, and insight. not only that, there is no record of a school for any of this, or even a note or template in the quarries...

thanks for a great vid

ash

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonlike
Perhaps when the stonehedge build the stones would be flat with smooth surfaces and through the pass of time, rain, wind, neglect the stones corroded.
I don't think so.

The stones have marks of natural erosion, but those marks do not look like the erosion was enough to change the shape of the stones.

The fact that some stones look newer than others does not help.

About the method, does this sound imposible to you?
Impossible, no, just not very likely.

I just don't understand why we underestimate the early humans and believe that only today we are capable of gread and momentous things.
That is something that gets on my nerves. The fact that (some) people today are incapable of thinking of ways of doing things does not mean that in older times people had methods to do it.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I don't know this looks quite probable. At least the ideas he brings forth seem to be sound. He is simply using leverage to his advantage.

Perhaps he is on to something with Stonhenge. I mean it is a marvel that the ancients had brought these huge stones from such a distance and placed them up on themselves.

I don't see how it wouldent have worked.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Just to make it clear, I do not think this was the method used because this method was thought as a way to do these type of work with just one person.

They had people enough to think of different ways to do it.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
Just to make it clear, I do not think this was the method used because this method was thought as a way to do these type of work with just one person.

They had people enough to think of different ways to do it.

You are right!

Who knows if there were any other methods that today lost. This video is just an example to approach these methods

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Nice video, does the guy have any more standing in his yard today?

what about the kite theory?

new topics

top topics

join