It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do the libraries sleep beneath the paws of the Sphinx?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I remember reading in a book somewhere that there are libraries which lie underground beneath the sphinx's paws and hold all this esoteric information, but its forbidden to go in, or maybe it was burnt down...i don't quite remember, but if anyone knows more about it please lemme know

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   

While the Sphinx has always been a wonder, and certainly a mystery in modern times, its "mystical connections" probably began in the 1940's with the American psychic and prophet Edgar Cayce. In a trance he predicted that a chamber would be found under the front paws of the Sphinx which would contain a library of records originating with the survivors of the destruction of Atlantis. While this may sound far-fetched, intriguing bits of evidence have emerged.
Workers restoring the Sphinx located a doorway in its side. Old photographs show that this door was at least partially open at one time. The full extent of this opening have not been explored.

In 1995 workers renovating a parking lot near the Sphinx uncovered a series of tunnels and pathways, two of which dip further underground near the Sphinx. Bauval believes these are ancient and probably contemporaneous with the Sphinx itself.

While examining evidence of erosion, West's team used a seismograph around the Sphinx. They found evidence of hollow, regularly shaped spaces or chambers a few meters below ground between the paws and to either side of the Sphinx. To date, no further examination has been allowed.

It is very possible there are chambers under or near the Sphinx. Certainly the fantastic discoveries have not come to an end. Witness Kent Weeks' discovery of KV5 in 1989. As excavation has continued to the present, the largest and most elaborate tomb in the Valley of the Kings has been revealed, believed built by Ramses II as a tomb for his sons.

www.nmia.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 04:22 PM
link   
awesome! thanx man that was all i needed.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I've heard through the channels recently that the shaft of the Great Pyramid will be aligning with a specific star (can't find the reference) in the summer of 2004 and that this alignment was predicted by Edgar Cayce of the time when the "Hall of Records" would be found. If his prediction follows the accuracy of his prescriptions, we may indeed find the records next summer.

Only time will tell at this point

Peace,

+Jammer

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 05:33 PM
link   
It would be the discovery of a lifetime, but that guy (can't remember his name) that is in charge of all excavations in and around the pyramids has dismissed such theories about anything under the paws and has stated that the Egyptians will not allow anyone to dig there.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jammerman
I've heard through the channels recently that the shaft of the Great Pyramid will be aligning with a specific star (can't find the reference) in the summer of 2004 and that this alignment was predicted by Edgar Cayce of the time when the "Hall of Records" would be found. If his prediction follows the accuracy of his prescriptions, we may indeed find the records next summer.

Peace,

+Jammer

What happens when the star alligns with the shaft of the Great Pyramid?

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I'm betting they're going to find nothing but an empty chamber. In any case, the Egyptian government isn't going to allow the dig anytime soon...as there is more money to be made from touristsw coming to see a mystery, than them coming to see an empty chamber....
Can't say that I blame them.....

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I hope there is some lost books within the paws of the sphinx. It would make up for the volumes of lost ancient knowledge that where destroyed when the library at Alexandria was burnt. Although i suspect that if anything is found under the sphinx it will most likely be a burial chamber of some sort rather than an ancient library.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 12:02 AM
link   
If it's there in Egypt, I will find it

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Let's get Geraldo Rivera right on that.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Let's get Geraldo Rivera right on that.

I'd rather walk thru the streets naked than trust anything that goof had to say

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by HazardToxic

Originally posted by jammerman

Peace,

+Jammer

What happens when the star alligns with the shaft of the Great Pyramid?

He says the prediction of Edgar Cayce right in his post...also most likley something out of the ordinary will happne, I'm not sure what yet...

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   
What are the exact polar coordinates for the Great Sphinx in Egypt?

[Here's a preliminary answer:Latitude of Egypt: 27� 00´ North of the EquatorLongitude of Egypt: 30�00´East of Greenwich]

[Edited on 28-12-2003 by muter]

Ed

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   
There is a provocative article entitled �A Western Origin for the Egyptian Sphinx?� Schoching & Toxic Evidence for an Old Theory�, based on the 19th century work of Augustus Le Plongeon concerning the Sphinx at

www.robertschoch.topcities.com...
or
www.sonsofgod-daughtersofmen.com...

Ed M.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
has there been any new develpoments or findings on this topic?

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
ummmm.....has one actually tried goind into the chambers to find out instead of sitting on their asses and waiting for the sphinx to move its cute little paw?

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
im sure they would get off their asses if the egyptian govt. would let it happen.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
yeah lol...

silQ, it's not like you could just pick a shovel and start digging around lol..

I'd really hope the egyptian governement would allow further investigations about this. Lots of people might thing Cayce was nuts, I think he was a genius.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Its possible that what will be found in the future will be the finding of hyrogliphs about tradings with a mighy Nation in the Western World. The putting to rest the Atlantis mystery.What was the city's real name? Aztlan, Atlan, Tolan? Where did it really reside? The Egyptian documents will answer this. Mummies of Egypt had traces of Tabacco leaves which are only found in South America.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   
isnt there technology out there that can scan or x-ray or something the area under the paws to see if a chamber in fact does exist? why would the egyptian government be upset with an idea such as that?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join