It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Trafficking Bust Yields 2000 Arrests in Italy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   

abcnews.go.com...

The four-month investigation uncovered hundreds of trafficking rings, some of them as small as three or four people, said Chief Superintendent Chiara Giacomantonio.

"There were no surprises. Unfortunately it's all well-known," Giacomantonio said. "It's Albanians exploiting Romanian women, Chinese exploiting Chinese, Africa on Africa."

Most of the people running the operations and their victims came from countries in Eastern Europe, including Moldavia, Albania and Romania, as well as countries in Asia and Africa, Giacomantonio said. Some prostitutes were brought in from Iraq, she added.

Unbelievable...

What a shocking figure. Two thousand arrests as the result of a four month operation.

That's stupendous.

I had no idea that human trafficking was so prevalent in Italy.

I'm trying to find more details on this story - it strikes me as incredible...

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Human Traffickers and Drug Smuuglers should be taken out back of the courthouse and shot, then their remains cremated and disposed of on the local farm lands so that the criminals can have at least one chance of doing good for the world. Fertilizer.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Two Thousands Arrests? Holy Crap

the figures are astonishing... human traffickers... drug smugglers...

Well! The cops did a great job, I wonder if the Italians could lend us a couple of those? Im a bit tired of the gang problem in Montreal

(who would believe that One day we would have trouble with Crips and Bloods?)

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I have seen Italians all over the world "scouting" for product using a variety of false promised to lure the unwary. The Italian government has known about this for a long time and turned a blind eye. It should come as no surprise that human trafficking is not that uncommon n the US as well. Many industrialized nations hide this vice.

top topics

join