It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

January 2007 photo too good to be true?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Good job trent!!! I had a feeling about this one!

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I like the pics, even if they're fake. Better than most for sure. A pic will never prove anything anyway, unless you have the original photos, camera, and an Alien with craft in the photo, WITH the photo being autographed by said Alien!

In my humble opinion, I don't think it's possible to get real actual footage of Aliens. If they can do everything people say they can, travel time, etc., then they could just zip back, smack you around a little and blank out your pics, then continue about their day ;-) Hey, prove me wrong! That would be something I'd gladly eat my words on!

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
the problem with that theory is that this likely is not a picture of a "alien" craft., unless aliens adhere to FAA regulations for their ships.

[edit on 22-1-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

there is an air base just about 20 minutes away from Waupaca and about 40 from Green Bay.

Where? I'd like to connect some dots here regarding the location you are discussing and other urban myths/legends i am familiar with in wisconsin...

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Great picture....
However, for some reason, this picture here kind of sends up warning flags to me:

There is something about the lights on it that don't look quite right to me. Although, the latter two look pretty authentic to me.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
You guys can argue forever. However there is no way to prove them real or fake, but you must assume at this point that "every photo" can be faked and faked in a way to make it impossible to tell if it is real or not.

Ever seen this page? www.worth1000.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Hmmm, this ship has red and green navigation lights just like a boat.

It's a man made item.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
www.ufoevidence.org...

You know that picture was ringing bells in my mind...and now i know why.

Here, from the same site, a very very similar object from around the same area a couple of years before!

have a look and see what you think.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
They are really interesting. However the main problem in clarifying if a pic is a real or a hoax is that we just don't know what an alien craft would look like in real life or on film.

When you snap a very solid looking craft it could appear as an image which looks like CGI.

Even if they were real, we have no basis for comparison. For all we know our scientific laws are too primitive for us to make assumptions about light or motion blurs, or anything else.

Good pics though.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Thats the only thing I never understood about UFOs. If an alien who can travel to different planets comes here, then why do they have lights on there ship? Why would you need lights on a craft that is traveling in space to far stretches of the universe? You NEVER see a UFO with windows, so whats the deal with lights? They would be pointless.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Maybe they have transparent walls... kinda like one way metal. Or maybe its for when they travel through other planet's airspace. Primitve craft have windows and so a UFO with lights is less likely to get crashed into.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
^but if the craft can dodge astroids, plantes, and stars without windows, then why would they be worried about our crafts that are MUCH slower then theirs. Again, i dont see a point for a UFO to have lights

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I can say that the Grey's have what I call Gathering ships that look like this. This would be the ship type they use for gathering specimens human/plant life.

They use lights for they do have to blend in and the colors can be changed. We know our craft use red and green lights such as on the sides this shows and so they do the same to blend in.

The picture could be fake who knows only the picture taker but this type ship is active in the Grey fleet.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
"You NEVER see a UFO with windows"

I disagree, alot of the stories i read do have portholes or windows on them as a fairly common feature.

[edit on 22-1-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
A few observations:

1. I'm with Seeker of Truth - the first picture looks much less convincing than the others. (...and am I being silly or isn't the third one just a blow up of the second?)

2. What happened to two of the outer "ring" of lights in the second and third pictures?

3. The point made by a couple of people about earthly navigation lights has a couple of problems. Firstly, whether or not they look like terrestrial nav lights rather depends on which direction the thing is travelling in and, secondly, I'm not sure how much use nav lights would be with a veritable fairground's worth of other lights all over the thing.

I have to say I like the darker picture a lot but the first one worries me.

[edit on 22-1-2007 by timeless test]

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
i say it is probably real, i mean the photo really doesn't look that "perfect". def not cgi. i mean look at the leaves infront of the ufo's from the trees and stuff like that. i really think its a good picture who knows what it is.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Hi

Sorry to burst your bubbles, but these photos have been photoshopped. The branches of the trees have an aura of red, denoting that the background was a more reddish sky than shown.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Whilst I am going to remain diplomatically on the fence (Good photo, but I don't know enough about imaging to be sure if it's real), I bet next months salary that all the armchair "imaging experts" with a copy of Photoshop will be here soon, crying

"Fake! Look, it has pixels! It must be fake!"

Yeah...

Every picture has pixels you morons...

Or, they might pull out all the stops, invert the colours or show it in negatives, or maybe they'll emboss it and somehow that will prove it's a fake....

I swear, if I posted a picture of my cat an army of these jokers would spend hours in front of photoshop, distorting the original image beyond recognition to "prove" it was a fake....

EDIT: Sorry... had to get it off my chest. It pisses me off so much....

[edit on 21/1/07 by stumason]

So you would rather just take every photo as gospel and believe they are all true without people investigating and trying to find the real story?

I've seen those pics here on ATS before, but can't remember what the conclusion was, if there was any. They almost look too good to be true, but I do hope they are real. Anyone else remember this from before?

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Maybe my status as an "expert" can be taken into question but I am a professional who uses photoshop all the time and know it pretty well inside and out.

In my opinion the photos are deffinitly freakin cool, probably the best I've seen in a long long time, if not the best I've ever seen. I agree with some of the other posters, that the photos do seem almost too good to be true.

I did notice the difference in the light pattern in the different pictures.

From a photoshop angle, it honestly wouldn't be too hard to duplicate somthing like this given the right resources and talent. The trees would not be a very hard thing to lay over another image, you could do it with a "multiply" or "overlay" layer blending option.

The problem with analyzing this photo is that (I haven't checked) it is most likely at a resolution of 72 dpi, optimized for web. To really have a good look at the details of the image we would need a copy at about 300 dpi or better, however, we can't just take this one and up the rez since it's already lost a lot of information

As far as the motion blurs it seems consistant with both the craft, lights and trees.

BUT, and I think a lot of people aren't taking this into consideration, is the speed of the craft might not have been all that fast. Anyone who's ever taken a photo before should know that you will need to slow the shutter speed down under low light conditions. The slower shutter speed can cause lights to streak, or appear to be moving.

I'm sure we've all seen the photos of a highway with the long streaks of lights from moving cars. These photos are achieved by leaving the shutter open for a given amount of time. The same is true here.

I believe the saucer type craft was actually not moving that fast at all, and the low (I'm guessing late afternoon in winter, based on the light and lack of leaves) light neccesitated a slower shutter speed. The slower shutter speed and lack of a tripod is probably what led to there being an equal amount of motion blur on both the craft and the tree.

That is, of course, if it's not completely fake lol

As for the balloon shaped craft I really have no idea, doesn't look designed for speed, more for capacity, like those giant cargo planes the army has. It looks really good as far as a photo goes, exceedingly clear.

It does seem almost too good to be true lol

I wish we knew more about the origin of the photos, it also seems a bit odd that they're all taken by the same person ( please correct me if I'm wrong)

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Well it seems like there is more people coming out to back up that the photos are real than otherwise.

I haven't seen a convincing argument from the skeptics so far.

I sent the photos to my mate with editing experience, and he can't seem to find anything wrong with them. Who knows...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join