It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Known Iraqi WMDs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   
My interest was sparked by the discussion in the Saddam Captured thread. What is the total amount of WMD material discovered by Coalition forces since this war began?

I've heard stories of the unmarked shells, and mobile labs and so forth. What other things have been reported as discovered, and how much of a threat did they present?

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
My interest was sparked by the discussion in the Saddam Captured thread. What is the total amount of WMD material discovered by Coalition forces since this war began?

I've heard stories of the unmarked shells, and mobile labs and so forth. What other things have been reported as discovered, and how much of a threat did they present?

I dont think anything ahs been found so to speak. Just alot of rumors and people saying that they have them.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 10:54 AM
link   
the only WMDs that were found there are american depleted uranium shells

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Nothing has been found.

The Mobile Labs that TC keeps on mentioning were nothing of the sort.They were for inflating weather balloons with hydrogen and tracking them.News story below.

observer.guardian.co.uk...

The Brits sold Saddam these in 1987.This is now established and excepted and I don't know why TC keeps perpetuating this falsehood as this has been mentioned before.

There are no Mobile Weapons Labs!!

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Not a single thing has been found.
(there is nothing to be found..)

But i do admit that Iraq has had WMDs and has used them in combat, just like their nemesis Iran.

Iraqis just got rid of those WMDs with UNSCOM.

And US did know this, they just hated Saddam so much that he and the nation had to be destroyed.

Also all talk about Iraqi WMDs beign in Syria is BS.

If the WMDs would be there, so would be Saddam.

But no, Saddam was found from a hole.. in Iraq..

And no WMDs have been found..
(as there is none..)

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The chord that strikes me as strange is the fact that Saddam still refused to allow inspectors back in right before this whole thing happened. If he had nothing to fear why wouldnt he have let all and sundry in to make sure?

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   

The chord that strikes me as strange is the fact that Saddam still refused to allow inspectors back in right before this whole thing happened. If he had nothing to fear why wouldnt he have let all and sundry in to make sure?

What?

They were there..

US said to UNSCOM that now pull out we are going to invade..

Saddam cooperated fully with the inspectors.

He even let them inspect his palaces.

Kano,

You have been lied to..

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:23 AM
link   

i've asked this before, didnt get an answer that made sense.

he kicked them out numerous times and after threatening him he'd let them in and then play his game again. if the guy had nothing to begin with as some have claimed and had nothing to hide then why did he act like this for over 12 years?

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Don't get me wrong, I don't believe that whatever Saddam had presented a threat to the west really. I do think taking him out was right however. I was just curious if there was any confirmation of any WMD material discovered in Iraq since the occupation.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
UNSCOM spyed in Iraq..

Did things that they had no right to do..

Former USCM trooper Scott Ritter can tell you about this..

There is a long radio interview of him posted somewhere here on ATS..

He tells lots of things..

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I do think taking him out was right however.

I would also think this way if:

Iraqis could now do thing their way,

However this is not so, and they are forced to do things in the American and in Western way..

And that really makes me sick.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Because it was impossible for him to do so in the national and regional political context.

His reputation and position was based on being a hardman.To allow the UN in (ironically seen as a puppet of the USA in that region) would weaken him irrevocably.

The choices may seem obvious to you but you are thinking with a western mindset.
Put simply you or I can not put ourselves in his shoes.

It is exactly the same thing that means the USA does not understand the dynamics operating in Iraq and the region right now

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Well, needless to say, I have argued this over and over, link after link, all of which is still easily found on the internet using keywords as 'Iraq's WMD that remain unaccounted?', 'unaccounted for Iraqi WMD', 'What WMD are still UNACCOUNTED for by Saddam and Iraq?'....the ways and means are many and varied.

Yet many fail to understand the word "unaccounted for" and then when they do, tend to detrail the whole issue by going or changing the subject to other areas that have nothing to do with the fact that Saddam/Iraq still had/has "unaccounted for" WMD.

Though there are varying reports stipulating that Saddam/Iraq had destroyed most, as reported by the UN and UNSCOM.....again....the fact remains that he and Iraq, as eluded to by the UN, UNSCOM, other nations intel services, not just the US's, have outstanding, undocumented, unaccounted for WMD.

I'm sure, despite what they will read here or find anywhere else, people will only believe what they deem themselves to believe........

" UNSCR 687 and related resolutions 707, 715, and 1051 stipulate that Iraq must provide full, final and complete disclosure of all aspects of its nuclear, chemical, biological, and long-range missile weapons programs; allow unconditional inspection access by international monitors; cease any attempt to conceal, move, or destroy any material or equipment related to these programs; and cooperate with UN monitoring of relevant Iraqi facilities and trade activities."

Link:
usinfo.state.gov...

UNSCOM reports vary, as does intel service reports vary, but it is agreed that Saddam and Iraq still have unaccounted for:

* Approxly. "600 metric tons of agents, including VX, mustard gas and sarin, remain unaccounted for."

* Other varied reports give approx. numbers at: "1000 metric tons and 30,000 munitions of VX and Sarin, in addition to 25,000 liters of anthrax and 19,000 of botulinum toxin, remain unaccounted for."

* Approxly. "8,500 liters of anthrax, 20,000 liters of botulinum, 2,200 liters of aflatoxin, and the biological agent ricin. Note on anthrax: An infectious dose of anthrax is about 8,000 spores, or less than one-millionth of a gram in a non immuno-compromised person. Inhalation anthrax historically has been 100 percent fatal within five to seven days, although in recent cases aggressive medical treatment has reduced the fatality rate."

* "UNSCOM discovered a document at Iraqi Air Force headquarters in July 1998 showing that Iraq overstated by at least 6,000 the number of chemical bombs it told the UN it had used during the Iran-Iraq War�bombs that remain are unaccounted for."

* Other varied reports give approx. numbers at: "6,500 "chemical bombs" that Iraq admitted producing but whose whereabouts were unknown and those chemical agent in those bombs at 1,000 tons."

* "Iraq has not accounted for 25,000 rockets and 15,000 artillery shells that in the past were its preferred means for delivering nerve agents, nor has it accounted for about 550 artillery shells filled with mustard agent, unaccounted for."

* Other varied sources give numbers at: "800 unaccounted 155mm artillery shells which may contain mustard gas."

Many will scoff at this or down play its importance by claiming and asking: Was this justification enough to take down Saddam or to invade Iraq? Others will simply 'blow it off'....personally, I don't care. Perception is a matter of individual taste. The damage is done....
"Justification" is a matter of argument and will always remain an argument...the matter that needs to be resolved and noted is that simple fact that the above WMD, still remain "unaccounted for" and no one has a clue where they are......

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM
UNSCOM spyed in Iraq..

Did things that they had no right to do..

Former USCM trooper Scott Ritter can tell you about this..

There is a long radio interview of him posted somewhere here on ATS..

He tells lots of things..

Ritter was bought off by the Iraqi's.....seems that $400,000 dollars is doing him some real good today, eh? Simple find on the internet....Ritter has no crediability.

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   
UNSCOM found in iraq all kinds of these destroyed WMDs..
(Like 400 400kg class french bombs converted in Iraq to deliver bio-weapons..)

Destroyed by Iraqis themselfs.. by orders of Saddam Hussein..

To hide the sources of the techs..

These included techs from US, France and Germany..

All clandestinely bought..
(not from goverments, but from corporations..)

So that their suppliers wouldnt get into trouble..

I really belive that they didnt have any WMDs in 21st century.

They just destroyed them in secret to protect their associates.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Let your fingers do the talking Fulcrum....its a matter of simple 'search' on any internet search engine.........

Prove the information provided wrong....going off the top of your head just isn't cutting it for me dude.....

Provide the links and information that what was mentioned above and is still unaccounted for is simple bogus, till then, your opinion is noted.

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Look for info about discovered WMDs around election time. If any were found, that is the time when the information will be made public.

I have a source who was over there and claims that they have indeed found WMDs. He said they found warheads that could carry chemical agents and some other stuff, but would not elaborate.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
So you say that what im saying cant even be possible?

If so, your not showing any kind of open mindness..

And that is sad.

As i havent totally ruled out the possibilty that there could be some WMDs out there..

Well hidden.. in Iraq.

Not in Syria.. as Saddam wasnt either in Syria..

Lets face it if Syrians would risk having his weapons the man himself would be the lesser of 2 evils.

But as of now there has been no WMDs found..

And tons and tons more of WMDs would be kinda harder to hide than Saddam..

[Edited on 14-12-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeaBass
Look for info about discovered WMDs around election time. If any were found, that is the time when the information will be made public.

I have a source who was over there and claims that they have indeed found WMDs. He said they found warheads that could carry chemical agents and some other stuff, but would not elaborate.

I agree totally. We'll announce the find just in time to make Dubya look good. And if we don't find any in time, they can just be planted there. It's all propaganda. All of it.

[Edited on 12/14/03 by NotTooHappy]

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
www.theage.com.au...
This is worrying and disappointing. And yet my unease goes rather deeper. It arises from the fact that all the talk of WMDs was anyway much less central to the coalition's reasons for invading Iraq than they made out at the time. It was evident a year ago that Iraq's WMDs were at most a secondary reason for regime change in Iraq. So was the destruction of Saddam's admittedly dreadful dictatorship. America's primary reason was much more ambitious: to turn Iraq into an American strategic asset, and a starting point for the democratisation of the Arab and Islamic worlds.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Iraq dumped WMDs years ago, says Blix

No evidence to link Saddam with September 11 attacks, Bush admits

The former UN chief weapons inspector, Hans Blix, believes that Iraq destroyed most of its weapons of mass destruction 10 years ago, according to an interview broadcast yesterday.

The claim came on the same day that President George Bush stated more bluntly than ever that there is no evidence to link Saddam Hussein to the terrorist attacks of September 11 2001 - despite 69% of Americans believing Saddam had a personal role, according to a recent Washington Post opinion poll.

Mr Blix, who spent three years hunting for chemical, biological and nuclear weapons in Iraq as head of the UN monitoring, verification and inspection commission, told Australian Broadcasting Corporation listeners: "I'm certainly more and more to the conclusion that Iraq has, as they maintained, destroyed all, almost, of what they had in the summer of 1991. The more time that has passed, the more I think it's unlikely that anything will be found."

Hans Blix,

Leader of the weapons inspector teams..

Says that they have dumped them..

Is that enough Seeker?

[Edited on 14-12-2003 by FULCRUM]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join