Well, needless to say, I have argued this over and over, link after link, all of which is still easily found on the internet using keywords as
'Iraq's WMD that remain unaccounted?', 'unaccounted for Iraqi WMD', 'What WMD are still UNACCOUNTED for by Saddam and Iraq?'....the ways and
means are many and varied.
Yet many fail to understand the word "unaccounted for" and then when they do, tend to detrail the whole issue by going or changing the subject to
other areas that have nothing to do with the fact that Saddam/Iraq still had/has "unaccounted for"
Though there are varying reports stipulating that Saddam/Iraq had destroyed most, as reported by the UN and UNSCOM.....again....the fact
remains that he and Iraq, as eluded to by the UN, UNSCOM, other nations intel services, not just the US's, have outstanding, undocumented,
unaccounted for WMD.
I'm sure, despite what they will read here or find anywhere else, people will only believe what they deem themselves to believe........
" UNSCR 687 and related resolutions 707, 715, and 1051 stipulate that Iraq must provide full, final and complete disclosure of all aspects
of its nuclear, chemical, biological, and long-range missile weapons programs; allow unconditional inspection access by international monitors; cease
any attempt to conceal, move, or destroy any material or equipment related to these programs; and cooperate with UN monitoring of relevant Iraqi
facilities and trade activities."
UNSCOM reports vary, as does intel service reports vary, but it is agreed that Saddam and Iraq still
have unaccounted for
* Approxly. "600 metric tons of agents, including VX, mustard gas and sarin, remain unaccounted for."
* Other varied reports give approx. numbers at: "1000 metric tons and 30,000 munitions of VX and Sarin, in addition to 25,000 liters of anthrax and
19,000 of botulinum toxin, remain unaccounted for."
* Approxly. "8,500 liters of anthrax, 20,000 liters of botulinum, 2,200 liters of aflatoxin, and the biological agent ricin. Note on anthrax: An
infectious dose of anthrax is about 8,000 spores, or less than one-millionth of a gram in a non immuno-compromised person. Inhalation anthrax
historically has been 100 percent fatal within five to seven days, although in recent cases aggressive medical treatment has reduced the fatality
* "UNSCOM discovered a document at Iraqi Air Force headquarters in July 1998 showing that Iraq overstated by at least 6,000 the number of chemical
bombs it told the UN it had used during the Iran-Iraq War—bombs that remain are unaccounted for."
* Other varied reports give approx. numbers at: "6,500 "chemical bombs" that Iraq admitted producing but whose whereabouts were unknown and those
chemical agent in those bombs at 1,000 tons."
* "Iraq has not accounted for 25,000 rockets and 15,000 artillery shells that in the past were its preferred means for delivering nerve agents, nor
has it accounted for about 550 artillery shells filled with mustard agent, unaccounted for."
* Other varied sources give numbers at: "800 unaccounted 155mm artillery shells which may contain mustard gas."
Many will scoff at this or down play its importance by claiming and asking: Was this justification enough to take down Saddam or to invade Iraq?
Others will simply 'blow it off'....personally, I don't care. Perception is a matter of individual taste. The damage is done....
"Justification" is a matter of argument and will always remain an argument...the matter that needs to be resolved and noted is that simple fact that
the above WMD, still remain "unaccounted for"
and no one has a clue where they are......