It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strom Thurmond's Black Daughter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 02:47 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

This is so freaking funny! The bloody hypocracy!

The founder of the Dixiecrat party, the man who's responsible for stiring up racial hatred in the south for policical gain, has a black daughter.

Well, I bet this isn't going to sit well with the bigots who idolize old Strom. Now he's a "race-mixer"....
As someone in another forum said, "He's probably going to get kicked out of the Hell Chapter of the KKK".

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I was wondering when someone would get to this. As you can see, the repugnants have nothing to say b/c they are all hypocrites. I swear, they get busted everyday.

[Edited on 14-12-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 10:55 PM
link   
oh puke. what black woman in her right mind would lay down with that wretched bastard?

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Yep....I read it this morning and found it quite hilarious.
This should be an interesting topic, to say the least.
I'm sure that this will have his "segregationist" buddies in a uproar.......Strom is a bigot-ridden fool anyhow. Does him good to have his little 'secrets' brought to light.

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Is this not one of those 'paternity suites for cash?'

Everytime I hear this now I think of lawyers and everyone making money.

That does not mean he isn't her sugar daddy mind you.

Annother example of the control system pushing its agenda perhaps?

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:02 PM
link   
So segregation was cool EXCEPT for in the bedroom? What the hell was this guy thinking?

P.S.--I do not believe in segregation or racism. Strom Thurmond was a piece of crap who should not have been a senator since the constitution was written.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:18 PM
link   
It's sad how he had to keep something like this secret or it would have destroyed his career. Think everyone�s missing an important thing in this. He sent her money he took care of her sure he was a hypocrite but at least he took responsibility unlike many other people. He was a politician they #ing say or do anything to get elected no matter if they believe in it or not. Why do you think abortion is sill legal if it wasn�t there would be a lot more Strom Thurmond�s in congress I am sure.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The sad thing was, it wasn't Strom that kept the secret. It was his daughter and her mother. From what I've read, the daughter actually liked her father and did come out for fear of ruining his career in the Senate.

By the way, how the heck did he keep getting elected to the Senate? What kind of idiotic people would continuously vote for that racist mummy? I know the answer....but I just can't wrap my mind around it.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
By the way, how the heck did he keep getting elected to the Senate? What kind of idiotic people would continuously vote for that racist mummy? I know the answer....but I just can't wrap my mind around it.

I've wondered the same thing. Somewhere, the founding fathers are sitting around saying "I remember a senator named Strom Thurmond"

In response to DiRtYDeViL: Yes, he did take care of her, and that was the respectable thing thing to do. Thank you for pointing it out.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 09:43 AM
link   

The US is a very rascist country, but in a passive agressive physcological style. It's just that is some parts of the country, they don't necessarily feel obligated to keep it too deep under the surface.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
I was wondering when someone would get to this. As you can see, the repugnants have nothing to say b/c they are all hypocrites. I swear, they get busted everyday.

[Edited on 14-12-2003 by Colonel]

Colonel,

Why do you always have to do stupid crap like this?

I'll make you a deal. When we can prove that Strom out-performed Thomas Jefferson in siring illegitimate children with slave/housekeepers, we'll talk okay?

Concerning the original posts' claim that this is some proof of hypocrisy, where's the hypocrisy? Strom was a disgusting, loathsome man that acted, spoke, voted and perpetuated treating black people as chattel. I would think having your way with the hired help would fit nicely in with thinking you can own another person just because their skin color doesn't match yours.

I see absolutely no hypocrisy here at all...I just see confirmation of what we all knew all along...and, once again, Colonel, p-shaw. This doesn't mean Republicans feel or think or act like Strom Thurmond anymore than the dummie-crats feel and think and act like the founding father of their party.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I for one feel sorry for the daughter

trying to cope with that burdon must be harsh...

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 01:08 PM
link   
ahah thats the funniest thing i have heard in a long time i cant believ they would print something like that.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Does Strom have other children? I'd be interested to hear their take on things.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
oh puke. what black woman in her right mind would lay down with that wretched bastard?

She was a 16 year old maid...and he was only 22 at the time. He was only wretched in some regards at that time I suppose.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Is this not one of those 'paternity suites for cash?'

Everytime I hear this now I think of lawyers and everyone making money.

That does not mean he isn't her sugar daddy mind you.

Annother example of the control system pushing its agenda perhaps?

Apparently he paid support since 1941. The woman is near death herself. This ain't about money. It's about truth.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Just found this, BT may be interested in this:
"Thurmond's Family Acknowledges Black Woman's Claim"
Link:
ap.tbo.com...

Excerpt:
"Thurmond's Family 'acknowledges' Black Woman's Claim as Daughter By Amy Geier Edgar Associated Press Writer Published: Dec 15, 2003

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) - The late Sen. Strom Thurmond's family on Monday said it "acknowledges" a California woman's claim that she is his illegitimate mixed-race daughter.

"As J. Strom Thurmond has passed away and cannot speak for himself, the Thurmond family acknowledges Ms. Essie Mae Washington-Williams' claim to her heritage. We hope this acknowledgment will bring closure for Ms. Williams," the family's lawyer, J. Mark Taylor, said in a brief statement.

Contacted at his office, Taylor confirmed he was speaking for the Thurmond family but refused to give detail or answer any questions, including whether the family was in fact verifying the claims of Williams, a 78-year-old retired teacher who lives in Los Angeles.

A message left for U.S. Attorney Strom Thurmond Jr. was not immediately returned. Thurmond's widow, Nancy, said she was not taking calls from the media.

Glenn Walters, an attorney for Williams, said he believes the statement acknowledges Thurmond's paternity, though he hasn't discussed the question with the Thurmond family.

"We are happy that this matter has been resolved. Mrs. Essie Mae Washington-Williams can now take a place in history as a daughter of U.S. Sen. Strom Thurmond," Walters said.

Frank K. Wheaton, another lawyer for Williams, had said Saturday that his client was coming forward to claim that the nation's longest-serving senator - and one-time segregationist - was her father. Thurmond died in June at age 100.

Williams was to discuss her story at a news conference Wednesday in Columbia. Calls to her home Monday were not immediately answered.

Williams had long been rumored to be Thurmond's child, though she had previously denied it. She came forward now at the urging and encouragement of her children, Wheaton said.

Williams told The Washington Post that Thurmond privately acknowledged her as his daughter and had provided financial support since 1941. She said she waited to go public because she didn't want to embarrass herself or hurt Thurmond's career. The Post first reported her claims on its Web site Saturday.

"There was an agreement between the parties that she would never discuss the fact that Sen. Thurmond was her father," Walters said. He said Williams was not seeking money and did not want to challenge Thurmond's will."

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Jungle fever is the only way to fly...good for Strom.

Ahh, but for a few differently placed strategic neurological and cultural shocks, we could have had a civil rights pioneer sitting in the senate for 60 years.

Maybe in his next lifetime

Everything is permissable strom

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time

The US is a very rascist country, but in a passive agressive physcological style. It's just that is some parts of the country, they don't necessarily feel obligated to keep it too deep under the surface.

Maybe,

but it appears to me that many African countries are racist too. In fact many countries are racist, actually all countries are racist in one form or other.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   
There are a couple of things I'd like to point out, if I may.

You take a small part of Strom background, amplify it, and then try and connect it to today, or even the last many years of his life. No, if anyone is a hypocrite, I'd say it is you. Wanna talk about Robert KKK Byrd?

Speaking of hypocrites, Colonel, wanna talk about Bob Klan Byrd? I wouldn't swear if I were you. Your hypocritical liberal anti-American pinkos are busted everyday, yet you don't even have the vision to see that, yet you cowardly people want to make an issue of a dead man's indescretion. Notice, "Colonel", that child was taken care of by the father. You'd think you'd have at least noticed that.
I wonder why it became so important that she come out and reveal this now? Does she think she is somehow hurting this man's legacy? Sorry, not in my eyes. Regardless of his position on race relations (obvious, I refer to the national level, not his personal one?
) Strom stood strong on many other important issues through the last few decades. None of which you'd be interested in, as he was not infavor of writing God out of the constitution, teaching children how to put condoms on cucumbers, murdering unborn babies or weakening our nation to the point we could be attacked by the enemies of freedom.
While he was a frail human, as we all are, he saw fit to change and become a better man. You idiots look just like what you are as you attempt to belittle a deceased man who served his nation well, all in all.
If you had any shame, which neither of you do not, you'd feel pretty low.

<<   2 >>

join