It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The theory of Christine....your ideas/experiences.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I'm interested in your thoughts and/or experiences on inatimate object animation/inhabitation of some spiritual entity.

Is it possible/logical that an inatimate object such as a car could be alive? Spirits have been know to attach themselves to houses and other areas, and once I saw a security video of a parking lot where 3 cars moved themselves.

This doesn't necessarily have to pertain to vehicles specifically, but overall. Can a vehicle take on a mind of it's own? Will the person who baby's their precious ride have a relatively trouble free ride, and the person who abuses their ride get taken for a ride?

If someone has the links, i'd be interested in finding the video again, one of 3 cars moving by themselves, from one row to another, and another vid of a guy who abused a truck with burnouts and hard driving, got caught on a police cruiser cam being chased, the truck driving itself while he had both hands out the window.

Your thoughts?

[edit on 15-1-2007 by Kingalbrect79]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
when I was younger and wilder,I had many high horsepower cars that I bought and sold on a monthly basis.There was one car that I loved so much that it remains to this day in storage ,one day my brother may rebuild it again.I got rid of it for myself because even though I loved that car,it gave me so much bad luck.It really was like a christine car. I don't know if a name can carry bad luck or not but The car I had was a 1972 Dodge "Demon" ('
')
built by a race car driver with a nitrous powered 340 engine making well over 500 horsepower.I bought the car from that guy just for street racing fun.I had so much strange bad luck for the 5 years I drove it around.While I miss some of the fun I had driving that insane car,I don't miss the bad luck I had with cops and accidents and all.To this day it is a rare classic I did drop a 440 motor in it the last year I had it and it is a very rare car to find now.I hope one day my brother will restore it for car shows.

[edit on 15-1-2007 by mistr_b2]

[edit on 15-1-2007 by mistr_b2]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Are you talking about a familiar? A spirit that inhabets an object for the benifit of the owner of that object?

There are ways that a person can attract a spirit in an object. Well this spirit could be good or bad depends on the spirit. Kinda sounds like the car you describe. The more work you put into something the more of yourself becomes a part of that work.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
That sounds alot like what i'm talking about, as I am restoring a muscle car.

I have another car that i've put alot of time and money into, and i'm in the process of getting rid of it.

Can these familiars inhabit anything?, or are they only attached to something you are really emotionally attached to? It would seem that a positive familiar is a possibility in one of my cars, as I did so many things to that car, and did so many stupid things, but never got hurt, nor in trouble.

I put alot of tlc into my car, and there have been times I should have wrecked and lights out. But I seem to make it through. Is it possible for one of these familiars to act as a guardian angel?

What exactly do you do to conjur one of these up, not that I want to try it, but for what purpose do they exsist?

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
people say that you should never buy second hand books that people may of used in rituals. that is something i am not sure about, but i remember buying a book once, and when i recieved it it made me feel so uncomfortable, i just throw it away.

can books and such, contain these energies i do not know, but from what i heard and my experience that day is you just never know.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I believe anything, be it a car, a book, a house/room or even a person "carry on" a signature of their history. You know people sometimes say "this place is giving me the creeps" or "I cant stand being around that person" I credit this to us picking up on these signatures, but perhaps "signature" isnt a strong enough word.

I heard that when the Bush´es moved in to the whitehouse Laura contacted a medium (or whatever) to do a cleansing. Supposedly had something to do with Hillary Clintons negative energies still being attached to certain room(s).

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Could that be connected to the feeling you get when you think someone is watching you?

I am having difficulty finding the two videos I described, I believe the chase was on cops.

Backstory:

I had a 91 civic sedan that I purchased from a friend. He of course ran the car pretty hard, but did fix it up a bit. I drove the car as a daily driver, and it would seem that if I got pissed about something at work, and went to start the car, it wouldn't start. This happened to me about 4 or 5 times over the course of a couple weeks. I would get in, be bitching about something, and the car wouldn't start, It would crank, but not fire. I would of course get annoyed, and when I calmed down after calling a friend to come over and pick me up (I tried it one more time), it started on the first crank.

I searched around mechanically for a problem, and after about 3 months of looking, I finally got rid of the car, as my normal car had the engine rebuild finished.

Could this be some kind of inhabitaion by a familiar?

What consequences could this have?

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I myself believe it can be cursed,in the 90's i bought Opel Super Boss as they would call it,not the fastest car but for the price range and such by far the most powerful factory car at that stage price wise.

No the car did not pull Christine moves on me as such but problems and accidents,if i drove it something would go wrong,my wife anyone else nothing ever though.The car would just die out on me and i am speaking as in no lights,not nothing,i got stranded with it numerous times,and cellphones were not a thing anyone would have in early 90's to call for help.

We kept the car as it was a 'classic' (bitch to me) in her way,3 yrs ago i overhauled and spent quite a bit on her,my wife drove her,my sister used her for a couple of months as she needed transport at time ..nothing ,zulch ,when my sister got herself a new car we went one night to collect the Opel and true as hell i drove,my wife and nephew drove behind me as they took me to collect and "the bitch" died out on me on an open road..no power,from lights to engine.After a few tries she "awoke" ..and i let my wife drive her the rest of the way.She has been sold since.

In the end i believe that i believed so much that the car was "cursed" or just hated me that my "belief/superstition was so strong" & made weird things occur.

But i gotta admit at times she died out on me i always thought "what if this car should just start up while i am trying to see if i can find the problem" but it never happened.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
strange, freind of mine got a VW golf 2 months ago and said he thinks the steering is possesed

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Another interesting thought sparked by qonone, Is it possible to "will" an object-car, lamp, whatever, to do something subconciously?

Wouldn't this fall into the lines of telekenesis?

The subconcious mind making things happen based on an emotional state, by will, rather than inhabitation of a spiritual entity?

I would think that the two could be very closely related.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kingalbrect79
Is it possible/logical that an inatimate object such as a car could be alive?

Alive? No. Possessed? YES!

Spooks can attach themselves to objects for many reasons. So can demons. So can the damned. Ed and Lorraine Warren (Ed recently died) have a museum in Connecticut that contains haunted objects from places they investigated. There is a doll that is haunted and is behind glass. I've read about it. If you even touch the doll it 'wakes up' the spook.

the internet is full of haunted object stories and haunted objects for sale.

So .. alive is no. Haunted is yes.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
So what would be the theory behind haunting these objects? would it be related at all to the person's emotional state?

Or do you think it's just that cut and dry...Haunted?

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Kingalbrect79
Is it possible/logical that an inatimate object such as a car could be alive?

Alive? No. Possessed? YES!

Spooks can attach themselves to objects for many reasons. So can demons. So can the damned. Ed and Lorraine Warren (Ed recently died) have a museum in Connecticut that contains haunted objects from places they investigated. There is a doll that is haunted and is behind glass. I've read about it. If you even touch the doll it 'wakes up' the spook.

the internet is full of haunted object stories and haunted objects for sale.

So .. alive is no. Haunted is yes.

i have seen a program on what i think your talking about, it was made from some sect or something, and supposedly gives everyone nightmares or something.

his museum or shop, looked horrendous, some of the stuff he has collected is so weird.

like isaid above, you are supposed to be very careful, about buying second hand books that may be used in rituals, because they possess spirits or something, like the example i gave of above, a second hand book i brought from india, we all know the weird stuff that goes on in india, with hindu etc... i just had this really big urge to through the book away.

[edit on 21-1-2007 by andy1033]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
We "summon" or bring the "spirits" to the objects... without us there is no interaction... there are unlimited "spirits" present.. and depending on your "tuning" you will "unlock" CERTAIN "spirits" in certain objects depending on your visual/sensorial(sp?) associations/experience with similar objects / or the same object..
Thought unlocks your experience with the spirits of different objects / and non-physical spirits as well.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Andy, would you happen to have links to the place/museum that you and FlyersFan speak of? I'd be interested in doing some more research on this.

PureEnergy, that is along the lines that I was thinking as well. Which makes me think that by positive thinking, I can add beneficial properties/spirits to an object, whether that be an automobile, or other.

I have also heard of seances (spelling?) where a spirit is summoned that is supposed to be a relative, or other positive spirit, only to decieve the summoner into bringing negative energy to life.

This is not something I plan on doing as of yet, but I am intruiged by the idea.

[edit on 21-1-2007 by Kingalbrect79]

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I actually did a search on cases like this now fmi,i find that there is a name for a demon that possesses electrical equipment and such ..."boice or boyce" is the demon's name ..

What is next ,jumping outta my pc or tv ,though my pc has been shutting down and starting up ,no crap,oh crap there i get superstitious again ..
exorcise my pc later and do a decent virus scan.

*Told my wife now bout the "car" discussion,K i did not wanna mention this as people reckons "cookoo" ,but our maid has said she has seen a small black figure at the car when we still had it,now black Africans believes in a thing they call a "tokoloshe" ,some type of small black imp imo,though no neither of us have seen/felt "evil" while having the car or to this time.I am mentioning this as to tell the story as to all we know,though i have not seen anything and so my wife,my dogs never barked @ the car ,this is just a hearsay i am telling you now,i cannot and will not say they do or don't exist,but we do have millions of Africans that do believe without any doubt and so those that have (claimed) seen it .. to us it's an urban legend but if you tell a believer that there is no such thing they get very upset with you and as i have been told before by them i am ignorant,and i do believe in a spiritual "ghosts" life,i have had my shadows in the corners of my eye experience,but not a tokoloshe.

And there is a difference to imp and tokoloshe description,i have tried to explain it's the same thing..to them its not,and so it could be..bit off-topic,but best way i can describe/explain it*

[edit on 22-1-2007 by qonone]

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I know people who can stop electronic devices and vehicles from working..
and
start them .. when they "release" them..

[edit on 1/22/2007 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Would you care to elaborate? I would be very intruiged to hear about it.

Would that be some sort of electrokenesis?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
could you maybe describe some of your "bad luck" experiances?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CelticFC
strange, freind of mine got a VW golf 2 months ago and said he thinks the steering is possesed

In the mid 1980's my brother purchased a 'gap' car to commute to work due to joyrider theft of his previous vehicle, a Ford Capri, which was trashed by these theives.
On his first commute to work he saw though his rear view mirror what he described as a ghostly apparition of an aged man sitting in the back seat.
He confided in me and asked me not to tell anyone.
A few weeks later his girlfriend borrowed the car to visit her mother who was in hospital and on that late evening drive she witnessed the same apparition. She knew nothing of his experience prior to this and refused to drive back in the car and called a taxi.
The car was advertised locally and sold on within days of this incident. The car was not possessed as Christine in the movie but it did have an uninvited passenger

new topics

top topics

join