It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any congressional wheels turning to remove UFO secrecy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Last time I checked, we still had groups like CAUS (Citizens Against UFO Secrecy) lobbying Congress to reveal UFO information.

I've also read lately that the Kecksburg UFO information release has been backed by politicians in D.C.

With UFO cases that have enough evidence to show military cover up and at least some politicial pressure, this is about as good as we can get to finding out what the government knows and won't tell us. I imagine that most politicians in D.C. do not know anything about UFOs and are as in the dark as we are about what the military is doing in regards to this subject.

My question is do you think this will ever be enough? We've gone nearly 60 years since Roswell without knowing. Some pressure is building in D.C. about UFOs, but I wonder how much pressure has been built and if it will one day prove effective in getting an answer out.

Probably not.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I imagine that most politicians in D.C. do not know anything about UFOs and are as in the dark as we are about what the military is doing in regards to this subject

Agreed.

They have no real reason to tell us. So why would they?

I like to see more pressure on the government to release the info. But I just don't see it happening anytime soon.

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   
You know what...If there was a patetion that went around through the USA and got signatures refusing the lies, and deception, and/or just refusing to release the files that they have hid from the public. Who wouldn't sign it?

I think most people if you believe or not wouldn't sign it. I think other life exist, and I actually think your/not mine Govn't is involved, but if I didn't I would sign a petition saying I won't accept having something that doesn't need to be hidden from me 'hidden'.

If they believe they will sign it, if they don't I still think they would sign it. If there was something to hide, and they where involved in hidding it then maybe they wouldn't sign. What do you guys think?

[Edited on 13-12-2003 by glan]

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 09:16 PM
link   
maybe the aliens are trying to warn us about the NWO and all that secret society crap taking over and the govt is trying to keep them from telling us

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I am glad that this effort is finally appearing to gain some steam. I think the main hurdle is getting the info to the general population. If just one of the major news shows would just do one story on this subject, I believe the public interest would go up tremendously. Of course, the government knows this and I don't think this will happen anytime soon.

Also, this push to get the government to release it's files on reported UFO incidents such as Kecksburg, may be fruitless. I mean, the documents these lawsuits are trying to get are in the hands of the government. What is going to stop them from hiding or actually putting out false documents if the lawsuit works? They've been covering this up for so long, we think one lawsuit is going to do any good? Sorry for the pessimistic attitude, I just don't think this is going to change anything.

[Edited on 14-12-2003 by kraken]

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The problem is that not enough people are informed, if more people were involved, someone might notice. There is just not enough people that realize what is going on, us ATS people aren't everyone. The general public doesn't realize anything and that is the problem. Not enough people are informed. I agree if we could get a news station to do a story on the subject, it would be a major success. The general public is just ignorant to what is really going on.

top topics

join