It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Directions and maps on your iPod

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Subway maps:

I recall reading about this guy. He had origianlly, and this is my vague understanding so don't take it as totally accurate, scanned images of subway maps and then resized and converted them into a format that would work on the ipod. That cause the idiots that run the subways in many cities, especially NYC if I recall, to flip their shiznit and order him to take the site down. How stupid, no?

So he took them down, and then went through non-copyrighted free resources to rebuild new maps. The guy has definitly put a lot of effort into it. He even got crap from Apple for having 'ipod' in the domain name originally. You'd think they'd say 'wow, good job, lets work together and spiff it up, make the maps available in iTunes, etc". Anyway, here is the site:
www.isubwaymaps.com...

The download directory:
www.isubwaymaps.com...

iPod Yahoo Directions, "iWay"
Input directions at the site, then get a map image that you can download onto your iPod

This one isn't working for me at the moment, perhaps they are getting flack for using ipod in their url.

www.ipodiway.com...

Anyone else know of similar services??

posted on Feb, 14 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Wow, that is ingenious. And good on the guy for fighting the Companies.

There's even a map of the Melbourne, Australia train system!! That is awesome news for me, as bugger all trains have the maps onboard and I am usually liable to get very lost.

new topics

join