It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to view future lives as well as past?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
On my last birthday, my girlfriend suprised me with the greatest gift I have ever been given. She took me to a renaissance fair here in Michigan. There are no words to describe the feeling I had when I walked into the high wooden walls that made up the permanent town that had been built in the field. The knights joust, the food shops, and the shows. As I came up to the middle of the "town", to which everyone who worked there dressed and spoke of the era, I happened upon a "band" of sorts, playing fiddle, guitar and flute of old scottish and irish tunes. Now I have always loved the medieval era, but feelings overwhelmed me of such familiarity that I almost burst into tears. Being a 27 year old man walking in a crowd with my girlfriend, this was a little akward, and I have not spoken of it to her. I cannot describe how strange it was to look around and feel as if THIS was home. I spent the entire day there, from "open" to "close" of the town, and was genually hurt inside when I had to leave. This lulled feeling of being stripped of something close to me lasted for at least 2 days.

I have such inclination to the past that it makes me curious.....

Is it possible to view past lives in a dream state or via astral projection?
I have read some very good posts and threads dealing with astral projection and visiting the "akashic" records (hope I spelled that right)to get answers, but can I view my past lives myself? Without hypnosis of any kind?

I have tried astral projection, and have gotten very close, feeling my body pulled, but not out. My whole purpose for this is to obtain information on who I was, and what/when/where are the details of my past lives.

If it is possible to view our own past lives through some kind of meditation or astral projection, then is it conceivably possible that our future lives could be viewed in the same respect?

It seems to me that our future experiences are the most frightening, mostly due to the "what if" factor. I do not believe in god or one "perfect" entity. I do believe that we have a soul that is not governed by our actions in the fact that we will burn in an inferno for all eternity. I believe that our time here on earth is solely due to our experiences in our past lives. Earth is our "hell" of sorts as we try to attain whatever it is our soul is trying to achieve.

This is one of the reasons I'm curious if it's possible to look forward.

I have had personal experience with premonitions. I have had dreams that went on for months that eventually led to an event to come to fruition. If we can look forward in our current lives, can we look forward to others?

I am actively seeking to view my own past lives without the aid of a hypnotist or such, but I would be willing to accept any ideas if anyone is willing to help. Any help in achieving past live recollection would be greatly appreciated. U2U me if you have any ideas, or just post it here.

Please be easy with the flames......

thank you.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 05:52 AM
link   
HI Kingalbrect. Jenny Cockles (author) claimed in one of her books to have seen snatches of a future life. Her book: 'Yesterday's Children' recounts one of her alleged past lives and describes her meetings with the real-life children of that past-life (her past-life children, incidentally, are forty or more years older than she).

Possibly, you might be able to access past-life information via dowsing. Word of warning though: you can be lead well up the garden path by whatever it is which enjoys messing with humans' lives and also by your own need to believe. There are numerous dowsing sites online which instruct in protective prayer and ritual to be used prior to commencing dowsing.

Good luck

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I always go to the PA Renn Faire. It's awesome! From the end of August to Halloween - every weekend it runs. It's the biggest in the country!
(LOVE the peasant bread!!)

Anyways .. I had a dream of my next life.

It was very real. And for two or three days after having the dream I still felt like i was that next person.

In my dream it is 200 years from now. I am living in Eastern Texas (what's left of Texas) and I'm a boy in the dream (I'm a girl now). I am in his body viewing everything from his (my future) eyes. I feel everything he feels. I have all his memories. It was VERY STRANGE. In my future dream I was about 17 years old and male and had a girl friend who lived nearby. (this is out in the country so 'nearby' is like a mile down a road or something) My memory as this boy is that about two weeks previously I had sex with this girlfriend - but I didn't love her - it was unemotional.

I walked around the house and saw a meeting room in the basement. My father (in the future) held meetings there and there was a map on the wall - a map of Texas. There was a huge water swath from the Gulf of Mexico - wrapping around where San Antonio used to be ... going all the way up to almost Dallas. I was in Eastern Texas and living near some hills with lots of birch trees.

I had two younger sisters, and a third sister who had just died as a baby (8 months old or so??) the empty crib and baby room was still set up. I walked through the house and remember seeing that room along with the room in the basement for meetings.

My parents were out for a few days and I was in charge. They came home and I don't remember looking at my father, but I remember looking at my mother. She had hair that was just above the shoulders, blonde, but her face was fuzzy in my dream. I was blonde-ish too.

That's my future life. My next one. 200 years from now. I'm a blonde boy with a germanish sounding last name (can't remember the name) and live near hills with birch trees in what is left of Texas - the east side. I have a girl friend that I really don't care about but that I 'did it' with once around when I was 17 or so. My dad is a survivalist?? Central Texas along with the South East part is a mess from a disaster.

So .. if my future self is reading this somehow ... if these internet posts are being kept for future study by someone somewhere ... a big 'hi' to myself! My advice to myself - Go to college (I went for psychology in this life) ... become financially and emotionally independent so you don't have to rely on anyone .... stay healthy ... find out where my daughter from this life is and make sure she's okay (I'm a mom now so it's the big thing for me). Big one .... stay spiritual. If I'm really talking to myself then reincarnation is real ... so don't forget that and stay spiritual.

[edit on 1/11/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Thanks for the info, that is definetly a book I'll have to look into. Although all dowsing info I could find pertains to using a stick to find water. How is dowsing used to view past lives? Can past lives be obtained through meditation?

I don't see myself looking to try to change anything, I am looking more out of curiosity, and to get some kind of background on where I came from. My link to future lives comes from the fact that if you can do it one way, why not the other?

I don't have the patience enough until I can find that book. I don't buy anything online. Great find, thank you.

What do you think are the "forces" governing our many lives? I think it is our own self that designates what we do. The fact that we are completely out of control of our own existance is a little disturbing don't you think?

I can't describe in words how much I am connected to certain areas of my past lives. I know without a doubt I have lived in the medievil period, not by dreams or any kind of recollection, I just know. I would just like to have some kind of vision of it to research my past.

I have researched my heraldry as far as I can by what little information I know, but do you think a past life can have the same ancestral line?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kingalbrect79
do you think a past life can have the same ancestral line?

I have had a recurring dream since I was a child. In my dream I am about 5 and I'm playing on a swing set. I am in England. My (past life) mom is standing with two friends. They have on 40's style skirts. The air raid sirens go off. She looks at me and says 'those always go off and nothing happens .. go ahead and keep playing". Then KABOOOOM - we get nailed by a bomb and I die.

I have always wondered if I jumped from being killed in England to come here to America (about 15 years later) - to where my spirit figured it was safer from the German bombs in WWII - to my American relatives. My father's family is from England and that thought has crossed my mind.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Great story FlyersFan

Can you recall if there are any other parts of the country that are underwater? I live in Michigan right now, and it's got enough lakes as it is.

I have a feeling that our country/planet will have to almost tear itself apart before we get it through our heads that all this fighting is pointless.

How long ago was this dream of your future life and was it re-accuring?
I would think that we have some connection to our lives by our spirit of some kind, and that small glimpses like that are to let us know that everything will still be here and we will be fine. I have to have some kind of proof that I will still be here, much like yourself.

My biggest issue is figuring out how to make that happen.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I have always wondered if I jumped from being killed in England to come here to America (about 15 years later) - to where my spirit figured it was safer from the German bombs in WWII - to my American relatives. My father's family is from England and that thought has crossed my mind.

So do you think that the concept of time reguarding our past and future lives are instantanious rather than sequential? Meaning we can jump forward and choose where we want to go?

Wouldn't that make people more like hosts for spirits rather than whole beings?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Kingalbrect: you can also dowse via pendulum. You'll find lots of info online or you could go along to to dowsing groups if there are some in your area.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I don't know a lot about past life/future life theory, but, I KNOW I've lived past lives EXACTLY as I'll live the future, as I've been Male, Stocky and ALWAYS Irish in every lifetime I've experienced so far. I'm actually decended from myself in my last life...I think. It's weird. It is funny that you mentioned Rennaisance Faires, because after a friend brought me to Good Ole King Dick's in the '80's (King Richard's Faire, now Bristol Rennaisance Faire in Bristol, WI) I too felt so drawn by the music. There were songs that, as a 16 year old Metalhead Poser, I shouldn't know the words to, but I did. I hadn't remembered hearing them ever before, and my buddy Doug mentioned it right away as when he invited me, I hadn't even heard of the existance of such a place, much less the period, European music that was played there. I also picked up a VERY close attraction to bladed weapons. I like guns as so far as I see them as only as good the shooter. I don't own a gun. But, I now boast a collection of 24 full-sized, battle-ready swords, daggers axes and spears.

Get this, I understand Old Irish when it's spoken to me or spoken out loud. I can't speak it, my mouth just won't do it. But, when I hear it out loud, sometimes the understanding just ...is there.

I picked up Ogham for a while. It's gone now, but, for a while I just understood it. It was cool.

As for the future. I really don't have a good "future memory", but, I tend to always think there will be a "Post Apocalyptic" world concerning the county I live in. As a model railroader, my layout will be just that, my Lake County after the civil wars. But that's a whole other story.

Again, very odd about the Ren Faire bringing something forward. I wound up working at the Faire for about 10 seasons and will go back to work there when weekends allow. It's still a very big part of my life, because YES, it makes me feel "Home".

Erin Go Brah
Cuhail

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
why do you think that future lives mean lifes that would only happen in a linear future. if time only exists as it does in our 3d reality, why when you die and come back(if you believe in reincarnation), would you think you only can come back in the future.

surely if such a thing exists, reincarnation would not follow time in a linear way like we think of it.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Some of these posts have jogged my memory.

Certain 'dreams' seem to have the same intensity as actual events. I remember one in which I was a male in charge of a small group of 'fighters'. It was night, dark and snowing. I'd led my men onto the top of a flat roof thing. We were surrounded by the enemy. They were Asian. I desperately organised my much smaller force. Our only advantage was height and the visibility it provided and low wall. The enemy had trailed us and engaged us for ages prior to our making it to the building. We were a remnant of a much larger force.

There were low hills around and very near to the structure my men occupied and it was from behind these that the enemy came. I stood near to the edge, telling my men when to fire. I was wearing a long heavy coat. My head was bare. It was snowing. I had longish hair.

I was exhausted but continued to control my men's panic and direct them for quite a while. At the same time, I was turning in all directions, shooting at the enemy from a hand held gun. We were badly outnumbered. All around, men (enemy and my own) were screaming and yelling, fighting and falling. It was difficult to see in the dark.

I was shooting in all directions, then aimed at one of the enemy as he swung, saw me and headed across the roof towards me.

Suddenly a deep disgust and despair swamped me. I admitted the futility and pointlessness of war. I wanted no more of it.

My gun was already aimed to fire at the enemy, but instead, sick of the bloodshed, I turned the gun on myself and shot myself in the head.

I've remembered this dream for years; it's as much a part of my memories as events I've actually experienced. The whole thing is steeped in a sense of futility, despair, sadness. It feels like a fragment of something much larger.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Cuhail, I feel almost exactly the same. I have always had an affinity for blades. Large broadswords, axes, maces, and meelee weapons of the period. I have a nice collection of swords and knives myself, and seek a suit of armor. I don't know if I was a knight, or ever the time period that I hail from, but it seems that just as you explained it, is how it happens to me. The only thing I'm missing is the actual dream experiences. It's inside me, I just know it, but getting it out is the hard part. Some of the songs I heard seemed "familiar", but not nearly to the extent that I remember the words. It's very intruiging that you remember such things so easily, I guess if the experiences we've had are stored in the subconcious can be easily accessed by certain "triggers", then possibly we can tap into this information at will.

Andy1033--That is an interesting point I never thought about before. Is it possible that our past lives are in fact our future in another dimension? That does seem a little out there, and i'm not really into physics and don't grasp reincarnation to that extent. Do you think we just choose a past life to experience from an "outside the box" perspective? Maybe a parallel dimension? Of course, that is kind of off topic though isn't it?

Logically, would it be possible that our past lives are to prepare us for our future lives? Or are they all just "present" experiences that drive us in different directions? Meaning, are our decisions not our own, guided by our spirit, or our concious mind instead?

[edit on 11-1-2007 by Kingalbrect79]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
wouldnt the very act of looking at your future lives (or looking in to the future at all) cause that life or time you were looking at to turn out differently?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frakkerface
wouldnt the very act of looking at your future lives (or looking in to the future at all) cause that life or time you were looking at to turn out differently?

I guess that would depend on what you saw then wouldn't it? It is inevitable that if we could look into the future and see own own life fold out, we would make every possible effort to change things we didn't like about it. I'm not sure that fate would be the best way to describe it, but I do think that negative events in our life are just as much apart of us as positive ones. Yin and Yang. You can't have good without bad, as you learn from both.

I don't think looking at future lives would cause any harm in my current one, due to the fact that it is a completely different life altogether.

But then again, If I saw myself in this life, then that could have radical consequences. The future and past lives are what i'm seeking, not my current life. I take the decisions I have made with me, and accept those which I have not made yet as part of my learning process. If it takes me a hundred lives or more to attain whatever small tidbit of info I need to get to the next level, then isn't it all really worth it? It's like building something with your hands, when it's done, you have the right to say,"I built that, not bought it"

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingalbrect79
Can you recall if there are any other parts of the country that are underwater?

I only saw a map of Texas. There was a wide swath of where the Gulf of Mexico came in to San Antonio and then took a sharp turn up towards Dallas.

How long ago was this dream of your future life and was it re-accuring?

It was only once and it was very strong. I WAS THAT PERSON. It was me inside me. And like I said, for 2 or 3 days I couldn't shake the feeling that I was that 17 year old boy.

The future I was shown was 200 years from now. People had recovered pretty much from the disaster. The water didn't receed. It was there to stay.

It was VERY REAL. It stayed with me. It was strong.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   

The future I was shown was 200 years from now. People had recovered pretty much from the disaster. The water didn't receed. It was there to stay.

I believe you, i'm not doubting anything you are saying, I just am curious as to how you were able to do this, and i guess some more details on what happened, i'm intruiged if you will..

How did you know it was 200 years in the future, was that part of the map, or was it someone else showing you a calender or something?

I don't think i've run across anyone who had an experience THAT far into the future, so i'm very interested and curious.

My own premonitions only looked forward about 6 months.

I'd love to learn how to jump that far ahead. Do you think you got a glimpse of your future life because your spirit needed a nap from covering your eyes?

I think future lives would be hardest to see mostly because whatever controls our current ones has enough on their/it's/our plates.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I have memory of some of my past lives, and not of my future lives, but I have seen bit and pieces of the future world the problem is that it keeps changing with each vision.

I guess we hold the key to our own destiny after all.

[edit on 11-1-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I'm still trying to get in touch with my "medievil" past life, this is the one that interests me the most. But I don't trust those who would hypnotize me, so i'm looking for alternative methods. I think it might be possible to do it via meditative state, but so far have been unsuccessful.

How many times have your future lives been shown to you? Was it in a dream, or other?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
My visions comes in dreams, I don't ask for them they just happen.

I have seen various parts of medieval life and has always been gloomy and dark most northern england.

My earliest that I can remember because comes over and over again is from the times of early Egypt and the middle east.

I have very vivid memories of German Nazi also.

For being Spanish and from the Caribean I have not early memories of been in the islands prior than this life, but I have one memory of medieval Spain.

Funny.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I don't have dreams of my past lives, but I do have dreams that are just plain weird, like they are a mix of things that don't make sense, but in my dream, they do. The freaky part it, sometimes when i'm awake, months later, I will have the same "daydream" of the same vision.

Is this something that I should interpret as my spirit guide trying to communicate with me?

Or is it just pizza too close to bedtime?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join