It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steven Greer at LA Conscious Life Expo

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I have contacted him. Am on his list and am a 'contributor' (to stay in the info pipeline more than anything. I get e-mails form him and his group now and then.

I understand perfectly. Ok, no University. That;s fine. How about a non-profit institution: Smithsonian/National Geographic/AIAA/IEEE - many others. How about a credible media outlet? How about any peer-reviewed journal (Nature/Science/Space Technology)?

I see your points, but must still declare time is a-wasting. Greer talks up a good game, but it's just all talk so far. Yakking away about the need for disclosure is not true disclosure. Complaining about not being given an audience in Congress to disclose is not true disclosure. Claiming to have 'special' information he'd like to disclose 'one day' is not disclosure.

Sorry - but life's too short. I have to move on and seek the truth elsewhere. I'll sit up and listen with rapt attention when something of substance is finally disclosed, and still prefer to sit on the fence regarding Greer & company, but in the meantime - we have work to do. Otherwise we'll waste lots of valuable time 'waiting' for the Greers out there to actually come up with tsomething we can sink our teeth into.

Thanks for showing interest...

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by tock

Very simple in fact. By acknowledging that there is a Unity Field connecting all particles of all beings and things in the universe, a whole new aspect of life becomes possible.
This is what Quantum Physics, many philosophies and belief system uses. That connection is timeless and non local. The fact that we localise things is due to our 3 dimensionnal body and our brain. Same goes for time.

Our own limitation, 3d space? To understand our own limitation, check this out: www.youtube.com...

I am interested in all this. A superior intelligence is going to be much more spiritually evolved and know the secrets of the universe. I am slowing understanding what Greer talks about in his new book and cd.

Tock -
Since your week spent with Steven Greer have you had a close encounter?

[edit on 10-1-2007 by MagicalRat]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo

How about a credible media outlet?

Yeah, how about one? You find or start one and Greer would be happy to make use of it.

How about any peer-reviewed journal (Nature/Science/Space Technology)?

We're still talking about technologies that are laughed at by mainstream science, and is kept that way by the few scientists that know the truth. The ideas you are suggesting are things Greer has already tried. The loss of patience shouldn't be directed at Greer (or even me!) but with the military industrial complex that is doing everything they can to keep it hidden.

I see your points, but must still declare time is a-wasting.
Sorry - but life's too short.

Greer is saying pretty much the same thing. 'We need this technology now and we need it by yesterday.'

I have to move on and seek the truth elsewhere. I'll sit up and listen with rapt attention when something of substance is finally disclosed, and still prefer to sit on the fence regarding Greer & company,

I'd like to know where are you going ? Can I come?

If you find something as interesting or more interesting than what Greer has done, please let me know. Until then, you should read 'Hidden' if you haven't. It seems by the comments you have been making that you haven't read any of his books or seen his videos, some of which are free online. Go to youtube and search 'Steven Greer'.

but in the meantime - we have work to do.

What 'work' are you intending to do? Can I help?

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I've been a dues paying member of CSETI for a long time (among many others). I've read all his books, seen all his videos (most of them several times). That doesn't mean I'm a blind advocate. Just staying in the loop.

Moving onward. Good luck...

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Dag Nabbit. I wish I knew what work he was going to do. I'd love to do some work to get this out.

It seems to me that it's going to take a large grass roots campaign, we could have a 'million man march' on DC for free energy and disclosure....

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicalRat

Very simple in fact. By acknowledging that there is a Unity Field connecting all particles of all beings and things in the universe, a whole new aspect of life becomes possible.
This is what Quantum Physics, many philosophies and belief system uses. That connection is timeless and non local. The fact that we localise things is due to our 3 dimensionnal body and our brain. Same goes for time.

Our own limitation, 3d space? To understand our own limitation, check this out: www.youtube.com...

I am interested in all this. A superior intelligence is going to be much more spiritually evolved and know the secrets of the universe. I am slowing understanding what Greer talks about in his new book and cd.

Tock -
Since your week spent with Steven Greer have you had a close encounter?

[edit on 10-1-2007 by MagicalRat]

One amber orb during one night stargazing at the very beginning of my night. No close encounter. And one other strange slow streak in the sky the same night. Nothing much else. Events are not coming as easily as in Mt Shasta, that's for sure. I live in a city so the light polution is terrible and we can hardly see what's going on in the sky which doesn't help.

If i could only find more people in my sector to do this, it would rock.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by c3hamby

Dag Nabbit. I wish I knew what work he was going to do. I'd love to do some work to get this out.

It seems to me that it's going to take a large grass roots campaign, we could have a 'million man march' on DC for free energy and disclosure....

Yaaaahhhh! and get emprisoned as a Terrorist...
You guys in the US are screwed with the messed up laws in place since 9/11. I feel for you deeply

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Yaaaahhhh! and get emprisoned as a Terrorist...
You guys in the US are screwed with the messed up laws in place since 9/11. I feel for you deeply

They better start building those prisons if they want to lock us all up!!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I'm with him 100%, and will be until disclosure.

Good for you. SOme peopel will purchase magical holy water off the tv, and then swear that it cured their aches and pains too. Good for them.

Don't you see it's pointless to waste energy publishing that kind of stuff?

If he doesn't think that proof of alien contact is 'worthwhile', then he should shut up. If I had actual proof of alien life's existence, or even more, its contact with man, you can bet your ass that I wouldnt' be wasting my time trying to get congress to hold a special inquiry into alien contact. Why the hell should they? The evidence warranting such an inquiry is.....the evidence that I have!

There are lots of places to get your results and findings publicised.

Most venues wont' waste their time with claims of 'proof of alien contact' because most people claiming to have that proof are either outright frauds or derranged and delusional. Greer DOES NOT have any proof of alien contact. He has, at best, stories from various people who claim that aliens are real.
Thats nothing.

He has radar tapes, pictures and all kind of material that will see light the day congress comes forward for hearing.

Exactly. Complete garbage.

Tapes of radar stations? So what. Thats not proof of anything. We've ALREADY got people out there talking about strange radar contacts.
Photos? Maybe 20 years ago, a spectacular photo could've been considered proof. Today, its nothing. He may as well throw them out. He's waited too long to make them public, and now 'photographic' technology has become obsolete.

And 450 first hand witnesses, but i guess that's not enough for you?

Of course its not.
Do you beleive the people on the TV commercials who say "This product really worked for me!"?
People say things for all sorts of reasons, and only one of those reasons is 'because it really and honestly happened to me'.
And as of yet, there is no magical device that lets us know when someone is telling the truth or not.

c3hamby
He's done more for disclosure than anyone.

Greer, and frauds like him, are the reasons why we can't have serious, public discussions about UFOs. Guys like him are the reason why, if anyone ever did have actual proof of alien contact, they'd have a hard time convincing anyone that they did have that proof. Because there's been a long, LONG line of people like Greer making astounding claims, and backing it up with NOTHING.

He hasn't done anything to hurt his credibility with me.

He's claimed to have proof of one of the most shocking and important events in the history of mankind, but to not want to reveal it, "yet".
That, right there, is all anyone should need to know that the guy has no credibility.

Do you have any proof that Greer doesn't have any proof?

Yes. HIM.

Why do you have to be convinced for it to be true?

I don't have to be convinced of something in order for it to actually be true. What I am personally convinced of is utterly irrelevant to what is and isn't 'true'.
The fact remains, Greer has been claiming FOR YEARS to have proof of alien contact, and hasn't presented it.
All true beleivers should be at his throat, not supporting him to continue to SUPRESS the supposed proof.

I will give Greer credit for something though, a razor sharp sense of irony and sarcasm. Here's a guy who is sitting on and refusing to reveal supposed proof of alien existence and contact with humans, and what does he call his group? The "Disclosure" project.

The guy has got big brass ones, that's for sure.

Did you see the disclosure project video?

Yes. It was anecdotes. Nothing more than some peopel saying 'aliens are real and have contacted us'. IOW, nothing.

untouchable
This so-called "expert"

I am not claiming to be an expert.

The statement uttered above is by far the most uneducated, biased remark I've found on this site to date

I am 'uneducated' because I said that greer is a fraud?
Perhaps you need to refresh youself on what the word 'educated' means.

When in FACT Dr. Greer held a national press club conference in 2001 and presented overwhelming evidence to the contrary

While you're at it, you can maybe check out what 'evidence' means.
Evidence does not mean 'stories from some guy'.

At the time of the conference it was the largest broadband Internet broadcast in the history of mankind.
Please Nygdan, explained to us dumb asses how this does not constitute presenting evidence?

Bandwidth usage does not determine veracity.

I would also like to say that Dr. Greer has amassed a volume of over 1500 eyewitness testimonies from people as trusted as a nuclear weapons technicians, military radar operators, military flight commanders, military generals, military corporal's, civilian contractors ect.

So we should beleive that aliens exist and contacted humans, because the person saying so is an authority?
ER, no.

If for example only 20 of the people that Dr. Greer has backing him up, lied to the government and signed an affidavit that all 20 of them witnessed you kill somebody, you would be in jail

So, because our judicial system could hypothetically be crap, therefore aliens exist?
Nope, sorry, not buying the poor rationale.

I don't mean to get in your face but seriously you're supposed to be an expert,

Are you talking about that 'forum subject matter' tag on my avatar?

Here's the deal. I didn't ask for that, it was stuck on there by someone else. If you click it, it takes you to a debate forum. I was given that tag because i am one of the peopel working on the debate forum, not because I am an 'expert'.

I will say it loud and say it proud, for the record, I am NOT an expert on ANYTHING.

I strongly urge anybody that is reading this thread to completely disregard the statements Nygdan has

Astounding. You don't like my conclusions, so you try to 'silence' men.

Astounding. Why do you think people need you to tell them what and who to listen to and what to think???

anabsolutecreation
All I can say is that you lack a very fundamental consciousness that enables such truths to be self-evident

Its self-evident that Greer has proof of alien contact?

Thats absurd.

but those who know the ultimate truth of metaphysical subjects look at you with discontent,

Well, I apologize, I wasn't aware that you had special comminuques from beyond that fill you in personally on what the Ultimate Metaphysical Truths were.
You should like, publish a newsletter with that stuff in it.

The fact is that it takes a certain spiritually developed mind to grasp

Bunk. You don't need to be of any spiritual persuasion to look at and evaluate evidence. You dont' need to be a certain religion or inclination in order to accept that alien life exists.

I, personally, think that the evidence weighs in favour of there being life on planets other than earth. Infact, I think that there are some pretty damned good arguments that such life could contact us.

But what I most certainly do NOT accept is someone, whether its Greer or anyone else, saying "its true, beleive ME". Nope, I will look at the evidence, not choose to beleive in some guy.

Just so you know, science is catching up with spirituality, not the other way around. This is your false indoctrination I believe.

From what I have observed, the 'spiritualists' of today are doing what the spiritualists of yesteryear did, they take science, and try to use it to make it seem like their ideas are scientific and real.

Also, the man is doing the seminar for free. I

From what I have seen of Greer, I do not think that he is doing it for the money. I think he is a True Beleiver. I think that he beleives the stories that he has told other people, and figures that, other people would beleive it too, "if only" there was a big enough stink made about it. So he figures he can call for Congressional Hearings on the subject and say that he has spectacular proof. Then have the hearings and get a groundswell of public opinion to start, with people calling for Disclosure from the government. He figures that the governement actually knows what is going on, and will give in to that public pressure.

All that means is that Greer is a beleiver. None of that means that he has actual proof, and he knows it.
And, again, if he has proof, and is sitting on it, he's practically a criminal.

kleverone
his mind off completely to something that disagrees with his views.

Where did I say 'I disagree with Greer, therefore, he's a jerk and I don't have to listen to him"?

Masqua
I sincerely hope that I will know within my life-span.

I don't know about alien life, but you can probably get pretty good odds on us having few a few earth like planets with a few decades.

elysiumfire
the title 'moderator' above your avatar should deem it responsible for you to carefully word your post.

The moderators here are here to make sure that members aren't attacking one another, disrupting the boards, going off topic, stiffling discussion, perpetrating fraud, abusing other members, breaking the TOS, etc. Moderators are not here to be experts. I greatly respect the other mods on this board, and some of them well deserve to be considered expert in some fields. But I think they'd all agree that NONE of us are AUTHORITIES.
If we say something that is stupid, then its expected that the members will tear us apart. Just like they'd tear apart any other member.
So I definitely don't have to 'keep my mouth shut' or not disagree with people.

I have stated that I, personally, think that Greer is either a fraud or a criminal. Either he beleives that he has proof, and sits on it, which is practically a crime against mankind, or he knows that he doesn't have actual definitive proof, and is just trying to get a grassroots campaign for disclosure going.

Telos
and in turn I don't excpect to be called like that only coz I have a different idea

I am not saying anyone is full of it for beleiving Greer.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
You can be blind, stay blind and shove your head deep down in the sand. I feel sorry for you. I don't like the way you treat him and that's my opinion too. You are not even trying to come up with facts. You're just throwing things up. In fact, I don't even understand why we bother with people like you. So much more important stuff to do than argu with your kind. Time to move on.

Damn, moderators can't be ignored LoL

[edit on 10-1-2007 by tock]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
You need to ignore me because I disagree with you? I deserve to be ignored because I want more than just some guy's say so before I accept something as real?

And I'm the one with my head in the sand?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
So whats up does anyone want to actually go and meetup at the conference or not?

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

And I'm the one with my head in the sand?

YES! And that is why it is so

You miscontrued each one of my points against you entirely. If you remember I said I am not advocating Greer is true, I was commenting on your lack of perception.

I will try to explain. There is a certain elevation of thought, which is like peeling a new layer from an onion and finding a fresh new depth. That level's comprehension is without a relatable language. Those levels of thought are done in unique fashion, like using twelve memories or lessons to create one point. Then synthesizing 4 other revelations or experiences into another point. Then with those two "collective" points a new revelation occurs. Now tell me how someone can articulate those two point's epiphanies when all those different things instantaneously made sense collectively because words weren't there to slow them down?

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN KNOWLEDGE & WISDOM.

I am not saying greer possesses the answers, I'm saying don't be so sure he is false, and always remember that just because you don't understand, doesn't mean they aren't making sense.

AAC

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
You need to ignore me because I disagree with you? I deserve to be ignored because I want more than just some guy's say so before I accept something as real?

No, because your comments have an insulting tone in all the statements you've made. Being insulting does not make you more convincing.

I'll respect your beliefs, but there's no reason to put anyone else down for it.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well not to be insulting, I dont believe Greer either. Mostly again for the same reasons Nygdan has already stated. But there's more...

Like the black and white document from several people saying Greer FAR overstated his "briefing" with the former CIA Director, and others.

The idea that CSETI demands for participation, a signed, non-disclosure agreement and also lists some very interesting provisions for your participation. (Nevermind the 800.00 per person to attend.)

The idea that he's claimed to have "vectored in" structured alien craft to within very close proximity, yet provides NO video evidence, to date. When he was on the Paracast Radio show, David Biedny who's one of the foremost imaging experts on the planet, offered to go to one of the CSETI outings and see what it was all about. Greer has yet to oblige him. Greer also claimed he had no way to outlet the video footage he claims to have, the Paracast offered such outlets, and Greer skirted the offers. Go Listen for yourself, www.theparacast.com

Greer also on the show, became very angry when he was confronted about making money off the UFO stuff. Ok, exceedingly angry, to the point where he told the host "you dont know what youre talking about".

Greer claimed SETI was recieving many alien signals, and claimed this info came from an "insider" who didnt wish to be named. My response to that? THEN DONT TALK ABOUT IT. If a claim like that cannot be documented and proven, shut your damned mouth until such time as you can. Greer does a HUGE disservice to serious UFO research by making unfounded and unprovable claims like this. He can talk about his ET contact episodes all he wants without any real proof...but making, or trying to make factual statements about agencies and signals, is irresponcible and smells alot like trying to make a stir to gain publicity.

Claims? How about claiming the US Military attacked an underground ET base with nerve gas? NOT one SHRED of proof to back up the statement. Another wild statement to generate buzz and sell his "seminars" where you too can learn to vector in "craft" with a flashlight for a several hundred dollar "donation".

I only need to look at ONE instance with this guy to see what he was all about. When he was on Larry King Live, years ago, he was asked "Does the President know?" (about UFOs/aliens) Greer's answer was ended by saying "..as far as how much the president knows...I really cant comment on that". When Stanton Friedman called him on it by saying "what does THAT mean?", Greer stated he simply didnt know how much the President had been briefed. But it was clear at that time to me, that he was trying to look as if he had some sort of inside knowledge that he was admonished from talking about. The only problem was, Friedman wasnt having it, and called him on it.

I think the Disclosure project was a valiant effort. The only problem is, is that Greer ruins it with his own credibility.

The bottom line is Greer has shown no evidence for his wild claims. Show me *anything*, and I'll at least consider it. But he's shown absolutely nothing. To boot, he's skirted, embellished "briefings", and been called on many things he hasnt answered for. This makes me personally seriously question his credibility and his motives.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Well, you stated your opinion here and you brought sentences to back your point of view. You stayed with proper manners and that's what makes talking interesting.

What I can't stand is when moderators talk (ordure) without backing themselves up.

[edit on 11-1-2007 by tock]

```````````````
replaced censored word with an allowable one which nevertheless has a similar meaning as a noun.

[edit on 19/1/07 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   

The idea that he's claimed to have "vectored in" structured alien craft to within very close proximity, yet provides NO video evidence,

If Greer where actually able to vector in alien craft then why the need for the disclosure project? All he needs to do for disclosure is vector in a craft in front of some major media outlets then disclosure would be taken care of.

I started out thinking he was credible but the more he talks the less credible he gets. He has become his own worst enemy.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by etshrtslr

The idea that he's claimed to have "vectored in" structured alien craft to within very close proximity, yet provides NO video evidence,

If Greer where actually able to vector in alien craft then why the need for the disclosure project? All he needs to do for disclosure is vector in a craft in front of some major media outlets then disclosure would be taken care of.

I started out thinking he was credible but the more he talks the less credible he gets. He has become his own worst enemy.

They don't come so easily if they don't feel safe. Can you blame them for that? Military tends to shoot first and ask questions after. He did invite media to do such things, but they either refused, are too scared or they come with improper intentions.

There is much more work to be done before initiating contact. This needs proper funding like any science or research.

There is quite some complicated political, philosophical and spiritual aspect touched here.

He does vector in craft, but i don't think any of them landed, they came close to landing, but never did. He explains in his book that the fear in the contact participants is usualy what stops them from coming closer.

You know, try to go at the bottom of things, if you really wish to see what's happening. Don't be so superficial.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Jritzman -

I listened to the Paracast interviews - July and October 06. I am interested in both sides of the argument addressing the credibility of Steven Greer and Disclosure Project. I have no final opinion.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

www.cseti.org...

You are invited to attend an historic event in Palm Springs CA, from 2 pm on February 4th through late the evening of February 9, 2007. The senior CSETI contact team, including CSETI Director Dr. Steven Greer, will be sharing their amazing contact experiences with UFOs and Extraterrestrial Intelligence. This event will be recorded and will become the new landmark book: "The CSETI Experience: Real Contact With Extraterrestrial Intelligence."

Be there as Dr. Steven Greer and the senior CSETI team share, for the first time, the astonishing range of experiences of real encounters over the past 15 years. From craft landing in the desert of Joshua Tree wilderness, to enormous deep space vehicles hundreds of miles or more in diameter floating over Mt. Shasta, to close encounters in Mexico and England, hear first-hand the accounts of the CSETI Team and what it is like to make real contact with ET and higher conscious intelligence.

We hope to see you in Palm Springs CA and Joshua Tree Wilderness this winter!

Tuition cost - $700 per person - no materials are included or needed, although we suggest that each person have read Dr. Steven Greer's latest book "Hidden Truth - Forbidden Knowledge". Note: This event is almost full so please contact Debbie at [email protected] right away if you are interested in attending.

[edit on 11-1-2007 by MagicalRat]
````````````````````````````````````
edied to add 'ex' tags for external quote

[edit on 19/1/07 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Just curious - I've been reading and hearing a lot about the Greer-love-ins going on, and though have yet to shell out the bucks to attend one myself, can anyone substantiate:

"...real encounters over the past 15 years. From craft landing in the desert of Joshua Tree wilderness, to enormous deep space vehicles hundreds of miles or more in diameter floating over Mt. Shasta..."

Any photos? Sound recordings" Eye witness accounts? You mean to tell me that Greer gathered a bevy of paying customers together in the mountains with the sole purpose of summoning the aliens and the aliens showed up with a ship "hundreds of miles across" - and no one snapped a picture???!?!?!?!

Uh, ok... gee whiz. I suggest that at the next such gathering that at the very least ONE PERSON be designated to pull their cell phone out of their pocket when the "hundreds-of-miles-across" alien ship shows up and capture the moment for the rest of us. Suggestion #2: Greer should then PUBLICIZE the photo as evidence and regain all of his lost credibility and then some...

just a thought...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join