It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former MLB All Star Darrell Evans UFO sighting, anyone else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
A previous thread had me thinking about this, so I figure'd I do a little reasearch. Question: Besides a few Presidents, has there been a famous person, actor/acress, professional athlete to come out and either admit to seeing a UFO or having been abducted? Being in the sports industry, I remember hearing a story about someone who claimed to have had an experience with a UFO, and actually made it public. To this day (I've spoke with him on several occasions) he always gets asked if he'd have announced it again. Yes. . he would.

Darrell Evans is that person, was an All Star Major League Baseball player and one of the most popular in the game back in the 1980's. In case you didnt know about his claims, I found this archived article from the Miami Herald back in 1984 which explains his experience and fall out from him going public.

Besides Evans, Akroyd and a couple of Presidents. . what other famous people have made claims to have seen a UFO?

I would have posted a link to the article, but I had to purchase it and wont allow me to link. Sorry for the long quote mods.

SOMETHING OCCURRED THAT DAY THAT CHANGED DARRELL EVANS
PETER RICHMOND Herald Sports Writer

LAKELAND, Fla. -- Keep in mind that Darrell Evans' father assembles instrument panels for the space shuttle at Jet Propulsion Laboratories in Pasadena. The family knows from outer space.
The elder Evans' initials are carved into pieces of space flotsam now heading for places like Betelguese. Both father and son have put a good deal of thought into the Up There.

You might also consider that Darrell Evans was moved, probably more than most of us, by the film Close Encounters of the Third Kind-- which concludes with the arrival of huge spaceship, whereupon Richard Dreyfuss walks on board and leaves on a very advanced seminar in cultural exchange programs.

"I always hoped that maybe that would happen," Evans said one night this week in Marchant Stadium. "Because if it does, maybe that means they've gotten through the times we're going through now."

Also keep in mind that Darrell Evans is eminently sane -- last season, preparing to test the free agent waters at age 36 after averaging 17 home runs for six years, he hit 30, made the all-star team and promptly signed for $2.25 million with the Detroit Tigers. Does that sound crazy to you?

All of that digested, you are now ready for the news that the short visit of a UFO to his Livermore, Calif., home had a significant impact on the sudden reversal of Darrell Evans' career fortunes in July, 1982.

Well, wouldn't you consider it significant if a triangular vehicle with blinking red and green lights dropped in on you and your wife one night? You're laughing. Darrell Evans isn't. Believe what you want. Evans does.

Little-kid fantasy? It's a little kid's game, too. But the seven-figure contract and the huge clump of optimism that walks around in the shape of Darrell Evans are as real as you can get.

Background on the Evans Sighting Dossier, now unclassified information: In mid-July, 1982, Evans had been benched by San Francisco Giants manager Frank Robinson, and was going through what he describes as the lowest 10 days of his life. In his 14th year, amid a Giant youth movement, he had reached a nadir in self-confidence. He and wife LaDonna were trying their best to shut out the rest of the world -- anything that reminded them of the circumstances.

But when a few Giant injuries put him back in the lineup, he started to hit a storm. The Giants erased a 13 1/2-game deficit to lose at the wire, and Evans went on to his spectacular 1983.

It was a logical question: did anything really significant happen in those 10 days?

"I don't know how much it had to do with it," Evans said, measuring his words, "but one night we were sitting on our porch -- it has a great view, into a canyon -- and we saw something that I'm sure was a UFO. There's no question what it was. It wasn't anything natural. It was about 100 yards away, and 100 or 200 feet up.

"It was triangle shaped, with a wingspan of about 30 feet. It had a line of red and green lights, and it had a bank of white lights in the back. It didn't make any noise. We thought it might be some kind of experimental craft, because we live near a small airport, but it was midnight, and it didn't come
from that direction. And my wife is a stewardess, so she knew it definitely wasn't a plane.

"It kind of dipped its wings. It was like, 'OK, you see us.' It seemed like it just stopped. It stayed there for 30 seconds. It definitely wanted us to notice it. Like, 'We're here, and maybe because you believe, and we're showing you, it's a sign.' Like what we're going through right now doesn't matter.

"Then, of course, we wanted to get up and look at it. My wife said, 'Get the camera,' but as soon as I got up, it went away, like, 'You've seen us, but you're not going to take our picture.' It went off at about a million miles per hour.

"We talked about it. We decided if you go and ask someone they're going to think . . . Well, we read the papers and watched TV for two days, but no one else saw it. We told my dad, and he believed us. He surely didn't doubt us. After all -- it's mathematically impossible to not have other beings in the
universe.

"I know this -- we'll never forget it, as long as we live."

Evans tells the story without the slightest sign of doubt -- nothing like, "I know you think it's crazy, but . . ." -- because Darrell Evans doesn't think it's crazy. He saw it. Evans grew up dreaming of the stars, and infinite possibilities. That night in July simply confirmed a way of seeing the universe that he'd had for years.

In fact, he has often wondered what he would do if he were given the opportunity in reality to take the voyage Dreyfuss took in fiction.

"I always liked that guy in CloseEncounters," he said. "I could see myself . . . well, it'd be a tough decision to leave your family, but a lot of people would like to be in that situation. I do know I'd like to be there, anyway."

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Ronald Reagan supposedly saw one in the 50s and former MLB player Darren Daulton also.
I dont know if Daulton actually saw a UFO, but he made weird claims about how Aliens took over his body in the 1993 World Series and other predictions revolving around the whole 2012 thing. This was all in some SI article years ago.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmaskx
Ronald Reagan supposedly saw one in the 50s and former MLB player Darren Daulton also.
I dont know if Daulton actually saw a UFO, but he made weird claims about how Aliens took over his body in the 1993 World Series and other predictions revolving around the whole 2012 thing. This was all in some SI article years ago.

Knew about Reagan, but hadn't heard about Daulton. . and Im in the industry! I'll have to hunt his claim down and post it.

Even if people dont post any opinions, its interesting to read what other "stars" claim to have experienced.

Thanks xmaskx

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Here is the story about Daulton. Very interesting claims. Matter of fact, there is currently a poster on this board that is having coincidences with seeing 11:11 everywhere. Daulton mentions this, and actually subscribes to Alien Agenda's theory of vibrational levels. . etc, etc. Here is the article.

Thoughts?

At 44, Daulton is not nearly the same guy he was at 24 or even 34. "I didn't have my first out-of-body experience until I was 35," he says. Curiously, the epiphany occurred at one of baseball's holiest shrines -- Wrigley Field. "I hit a line-drive just inside the third base line to help win a game," he recalls. "The strange thing was I didn't hit that ball. I never hit balls inside the third base line!"

He left the ballpark in tears. "I told my wife, 'It wasn't me who swung that bat! It wasn't me!'" he says. "She thought I was Looney Tunes." She's not alone.

Despite his personal turmoil, Daulton says he's financially set. "I've got money," he says. "And next year my major league pension kicks in."

Home alone in Tampa, Daulton spends much of his spare time typing up his mystical musings. The notes read like they were dictated by the True Believers who hitched a ride with Comet Hale-Bopp. "Reality is created and guarded by numeric patterns that overlap and awaken human consciousness, like a giant matrix or hologram," writes the .245 lifetime hitter. "They are created by sacred geometry -- numbers, the language of the universe, codes of awakening -- such as 11:11, which represent twin strands of DNA about to return to balance. Eleven equals BALANCE."

During the Dutch Enlightenment, No. 11 has been as significant as it was in Spinal Tap. "I'll wake up at night and look at the clock and it's 11:11," he says. "I'll turn on the TV and see a baseball game tied at 11 in the 11th inning. I'll look out the window and see a car passing with 1111 on the license plate. The car will turn into a driveway with 1111 on the mailbox."

Eventually, Daulton would like to compile these synchronicities in a book and call it If They Only Knew! He took the title from clubhouse banter of the 1993 Phillies, the National League pennant winners. "Some wild things happened on that team that the fans never heard about," he says. If they only knew! was the mantra of his wildest teammates, Lenny Dykstra and John Kruk.

The book would recount the day Daulton literally stepped through time. It would detail his ability to become a sort of otherworldly Willard Scott -- at times, he says, the weather changes with his moods. "At one point everyone was against me, kind of like I'd struck out with the bases loaded," he says. "Whenever my thoughts got totally negative, it would automatically rain."

If They Only Knew! would also reveal the secrets of the pyramids, which Daulton insists are strategically placed all over the galaxy: the moon, Mars...

Vegas?

"What goes above, also goes below," Daulton says, cryptically.

He believes the Mayan temples were built not by the Mayans, who were merely caretakers, but by a lost civilization. Possibly the Atlanteans, who allegedly disappeared beneath the waves. Possibly space aliens.

Daulton can ramble in mind-numbing detail about Dark Forces, the illusion of substance, the limitations of linear time. "The universe is made of vibrating energy," he says. "When energy vibrates fast enough on our 3-D plane, matter becomes invisible. Everything you see is vibrating at a certain level. A dirt clod, a rock..."

Even a rosin bag?

"Sure. A rosin bag is just a mirage of innumerable particles constantly speeding up or slowing down. But the Fourth and Fifth Dimensions remain unseen by most people. Their vibrations are at a lower frequency." Whether those vibrations are "good" is perhaps something only the Beach Boys can divine.

Earth, Daulton believes, is entering a quadrant of space in which the "vibrational energy" will increase dramatically. "The Mayan calendar stops at Dec. 21, 2012 -- the date the Mayans believed the world would end," he says. "On that day, at 11:11 a.m. Greenwich Mean Time, those who are ready to ascend will vanish from this plane of existence, like the crew of the Enterprise in Star Trek."

Daulton hopes to beat the rush. "I can't wait to disappear," he says. "I'd disappear today if I could."

And if Judgment Day comes and nothing happens?

"I don't even concern myself with that," he says, breezily. "I just try to live in the Now."[/link]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
thanks for posting the Daulton story.
I remember reading that for the first time and not knwoing what to think about it, but now that I've sorta started "following" some of this stuff he sorta falls in line with what some of the other new age type guys are saying.. I'm just wondering if this is "his own" thinking or if he's into one of those new age gurus and is just parroting the information..

thanks again!

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Anne Heche speaks an alien language and spoke a bit of it rather infamously on a Diane Sawyer interview. I would have included a lik, but I couldn't find one that didn't spin it as her being a nutter or make fun of her sexual tendencies.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Regarding Darrell Evans’ experience:

“All of that digested, you are now ready for the news that the short visit of a UFO to his Livermore, Calif., home had a significant impact on the sudden reversal of Darrell Evans' career fortunes in July, 1982.”

Interesting. I grew up in Livermore. Although I’ve never seen any oddities hovering the ‘hood, Livermore is quite well known to the scientific communities. It’s home to Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL). Across the street from LLNL is Sandia National Laboratories. Also, not too far from these complexes sits LLNL’s Site 300, which is an experimental test site operated by the University of California for the U.S. Department of Energy’s National Nuclear Security Administration.

I’m not saying there’s any connection to Darrell Evans’ experience, but maybe these places are testing more than atoms, lasers, and explosives. Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
Anne Heche speaks an alien language and spoke a bit of it rather infamously on a Diane Sawyer interview. I would have included a lik, but I couldn't find one that didn't spin it as her being a nutter or make fun of her sexual tendencies.

Cant believe I missed that one too. If she did say something like that on Diane Sawyer, I'd think she wouldnt be able to shake the stigma in her career. I'll do some research into this one too and see what I come up with.

Thanks Hank

thanks for posting the Daulton story.
I remember reading that for the first time and not knwoing what to think about it, but now that I've sorta started "following" some of this stuff he sorta falls in line with what some of the other new age type guys are saying.. I'm just wondering if this is "his own" thinking or if he's into one of those new age gurus and is just parroting the information..

thanks again!

I wondered that too, but I would think being in the public eye like he was/is that he'd have to be pretty convinced, or had an experience to announce something like that. Food for thought anyway!

[edit on 10-1-2007 by amongus]

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Here is what I found about Heche's claims. She is one mentally ill sounding individual apparently. Havent read her book, in which she goes into detail about coming in contact with aliens. . so if anyone else has, what does she really claim? Cant find that anywhere, only that she made claims in the book.

A year after her split with DeGeneres, Heche made claims in television interviews and in her autobiography, Call Me Crazy, that she was mentally ill for the first 31 years of her life after being sexually abused by her father (who died of AIDS in 1983). She also claimed to have an alter ego that was the daughter of God and half-sibling of Jesus named "Celestia," who had contacts with extraterrestrial life forms. In her book, she explained that before her split with DeGeneres, she was contacted by "God" and told he would walk with her for seven days.

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
In reference to the Darrell Evans sighting of a UFO in Livermore, CA I can confirm that sighting with the only difference being I saw the object during the twilight in plenty of light at 7:10 p.m. I worked at the Kaiser Sand and Gravel plant for 25 years and was working the pit. Another man was with me and I jumped down from a conveyor belt and told him lets go up for lunch now. We were working the swing shift. He was facing me and I was looking towards him and the 580 freeway. We were about a mile South of the freeway. I saw something flying between 580 and us. I hollered at him to turn and he confirmed with me. We had no camera so for about 2 minutes we kept our eyes on it. Traffic was flowing west to east and I could see cars. The object, flying east to west,could best be described as a flying Y shaped object with the two points being the front of the craft. The body looked like a conduit that might be 6"-1ft. in width. At the front of Y was a large muffled light on each extenion, like a mercury light but it looked like a cotton candy but white in color. There was a connector where the Y arms and body met that also looked like a piece of conduit. The arms worked independently of each other just like our arms do.
We told people at work but you really have to see it to really believe it. Darrells article in the local newspaper did not come out for sometime afterwords. My partner saw it again a couple of months later at night but only for a few seconds. I could very much see how someone might think this was a ship and it's quite possible it is not the same one but I did see it on the same day a Darrell he was living in Plesanton which is right next door and it would look a ship at night. I always wanted to talk to him about it at a card show or game but I think he's out of the area now. I figured a lot of people have talked to him and said they saw it. I really did though. People believe me whan I tell them but to really believe you have to SEE it with your own two eyes.

posted on Aug, 14 2022 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: HankMcCoy

August 14, 2022

Actress Anne Heche doped-up and drove her car into a house, almost killing the owner.

Heche died from her injuries today.

To our dysfunctional news media, and Hollywood, she's a hero, like drug head George Floyd was: www.usatoday.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2022 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: HankMcCoy

August 14, 2022

Actress Anne Heche doped-up and drove her car into a house, almost killing the owner.

Heche died from her injuries today.

To our dysfunctional news media, and Hollywood, she's a hero, like drug head George Floyd was: www.usatoday.com...

Who is Anne Heche?

new topics

top topics

join