It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lenticular Reentry Vehicle

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Where are the propellant tanks? It's all well and good having a couple of large nuclear piles but without something to throw out the back it ain't going anywhere.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I know we don't have proof of it, but what if there is such a craft in the US Arsenal? Think about it, that could account for some of the UFO reports. If true, what it boils down to is, we might have an answer for some of the strange sightings near places like Groom Lake.

Tim

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
ghost - I'm trying to find the thread someone posted here about the B2 bomber using high voltage in it leading edges (Some levitation assist theory) and the mention in Janes that Boeing is working on levitating technologies.

I am trying to develop a probable timeline of technologies that started in the 1950's and technologicaly peaked durring the Cold War. UFO sightings were big durring that era and have steadily ebbed from about 1993 and on. My guess is that the cost effect was huge and work on such craft is very limited or in stasis.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by nullster

I am trying to develop a probable timeline of technologies that started in the 1950's and technologicaly peaked durring the Cold War. UFO sightings were big durring that era and have steadily ebbed from about 1993 and on. My guess is that the cost effect was huge and work on such craft is very limited or in stasis.

Or, more likely, new technologies have been developed that lower observability with the naked eye.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by nullster
ghost - I'm trying to find the thread someone posted here about the B2 bomber using high voltage in it leading edges (Some levitation assist theory) and the mention in Janes that Boeing is working on levitating technologies.

I think I know what you are looking for. It was an ATS Resaerch project.
I bet the thread your looking for is Here

I remember it well, because it was the first ATS research project that I helped on. Take a look and see if that is the one. If not, U2U me, and I'll try again. Hope that helps!

Tim

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Great find ghost. Thats the post I was looking for. I'm looking it over. I'm sure there is work behind this theory that transfers back before the Cold War era. If I can find a link between this and the LRV designs that would be a nice find. Thanks very much

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Project that is described here consisted of four separate designs. More here.

Vehicle 1A (winged) and 2A (ballistic) was aimed to transport five passangers into space to six week long mission.

Vehicle 1B (winged) was aimed for two persons and one week long mission.

Finaly Vehicle 3A with diameter 12,2 m and two vertical tail surfaces was aimed for orbital bombing. It had place for four persons and could fly 560 km above Earth for six weeks. It was armed with MIRV-NW (Multiple Independent Reentry Vehicles - Nuclear Warhead).

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
matej - Nice find on the drawings. Does anyone have links do higher rez drawings of these craft? I want to model the different variants.

I'll have to translate the page you linked to. Shoudl be interesting. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
From what I know, the nuclear aircraft design was dismissed because of the complications that came from shielding the crew, in addition to the wieght of the lead needed for this and the nuclear power plant it's self.

In addition, from my understanding of it, any nuclear engine would spew radioactivity out the back as well, polluting everywhere it flew.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
In addition, from my understanding of it, any nuclear engine would spew radioactivity out the back as well, polluting everywhere it flew.

Well, that is assuming you are using an open cycle engin! Many of the later concepts were Nuclear thermopile, or close cycle. These engines work like a nuclear power plant, they tranfer heat through a closed loop to the boosters. On a closed cycle engin, the aircraft can use a propeller. the system would work simular to a Nuclear powered ship or submarine.

Tim

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
According to the CIA, this thing sounds like it's operational:

As of the publication of the Popular Mechanics article, there has been no official confirmation as to whether the Lenticular Reentry Vehicle ever flew.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join