It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix Rising

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I was wondering if anyone out there has read Phoenix Rising by Mary Summer Rain. It is about a blind Native American woman who has visions of the future. It was written in 1987, and while the visions depicted are very symbolic in nature I found they could very well relate to past and present events. While I found Mary Rain's other books about living off the land and such not really my cup of tea (no pun intended), I found the main character "No-eyes" in this particular book intriging.

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Could you elaborate some more on the visions she had for the people that didnt read the book like myself.

Are her visions prophetic in nature? Does she go into detail with each vision and the consequences of them?

Please elaborate... i would like to read some more.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by theTRUTHtheWAY
Could you elaborate some more on the visions she had for the people that didnt read the book like myself.

Are her visions prophetic in nature? Does she go into detail with each vision and the consequences of them?

Please elaborate... i would like to read some more.

Sure, I should have elaborated more, but I assumed the book was pretty popular.

The author Mary Summer Rain relates her encounter with a blind Native woman who lives alone in the Rocky Mountains. She lives off the land and is pretty self sufficent. She's depicted like a medicine woman/shaman, and tells of her vision of the end of days. This period of time is descibed as the phoenix rising from the mother earth. She is very vague in her language, whether it's because she does not know how to describe the events as they unfold, I'm not really sure.

Here is an exert:

“Earth Mother in bad labor. She gonna give birth to something great. She already in first labor hours... She be in great pain now... It be great Phoenix that gonna rise up again just like all times ago. He already here... He been forming for years now. He all ready to break out of Earth Mother’s womb... She gonna give up great Phoenix soon...”

Her prophecies consist of a series of events that are explained using the birth of a Phoenix symbolically.

For example the first events are the contractions the earth has while giving birth to the phoenix;

“Contractions = Economic Aspects --- massive blue collar strikes, relocation of key factories overseas, computerization of factories, extended import & export embargoes & taxations, increased unemployment, widespread factory shutdowns, excessive taxation, small business failures, insolvency of many banks, stock market misdealings & decline, drastic construction decline, devaluation of real estate, increase in corporate crime, drop in level of manufactured goods, increase of corporate monopolies & takeovers, widespread layoffs, runaway credit purchases, cash as only accepted tender"

The second series of events is the Phoenix emerging from the earth;

“Emerging = Natural Disasters --- Major devastation in California, earthquakes in new areas, inactive craters become unsettled, mountains become unstable, return of the dust bowl, record-breaking flooding, tornadoes increase intensity and occasion, liquefaction of soil beneath faults, increased hurricane devastation, freak wind gusts & accidents, soil erosion, increased radon levels, rock & mud slides, insect infestations, sink holes, rapid temperature inversions, frigid winters & deadly blizzards, summer storms with intensified hail & lightning, seeping natural gas (fires & explosions), underground fires, widespread surface blazes, major quake of the New Madrid Fault... Greenish hue to atmosphere... Phoenix days... "

The third series of events is the phoenix looking around;

“Eyes Searching/Transportation Accidents --- Plane crashes increase, shipping disasters increase, higher incidence of train derailments & accidents"

The fourth series of events is the Phoenix listening;

“Listening = Freak Deaths & Accidents --- Amusement park disasters, increase in homicide & suicide, freak household accidents, disease outbreaks, several catastrophic propane explosions, germ warfare release accident."

The fifth series of events is the Phoenix breathing;

“Breath Heaving = Discord Between Nations --- Grave economical differences, arms escalation, warring altercations, terrorism increases, undeclared wars, clandestine dealing between countries, high level secrecy."

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
continued..

The sixth series of events is the Phoenix flexing it's wings;

“Wings Flexing = Spiritual Unrest & Awakening --- Questioning masses, political church actions, government interventions, repression from certain religious sects, increased UFO sightings, interaction with other intelligences, acceptance of paranormal, acceptance of ongoing spirit afterlife, more religious sects going to court to force their personal restrictions on general public. "

The seventh series of events is the Phoenix wailing;

"The Wailing = Nuclear Incident ---Several close meltdowns & leaks, seeping radioactive dump sites, two catastrophic meltdowns, radioactive pollution of land & rivers, several major accidents of nuclear missile trucks carriers and the transportation of nuclear waste, radioactive releases caused from geological instability. "

The eighth series of events is the phoenix's talons tensing;

“Talons Tensing = Civil Unrest --- People’s revolt and resistance movements, draft evasion, public’s discovery of coverups, nuclear exchange.

The ninth series of events is the phoenix crouching;

“Crouching = Massive Revolts & Government Turnaround -- Taxation refusals, war resistance, policy disagreements within government body, major upheavals within governments.

And the tenth series of events is the Phoenix taking flight;

“Flying Free = Rise of the Age of Peace --- Total equality among people, discontinuance of all meat ingestion, construction reforms, cessation of most severe natural disasters, pollution-free energy innovations by way of the Earth’s magnetic field, rise of the Indian nation through widespread adaptation of its Ways of natural living and deep human philosophy.”

Now considering this was written in 1987, I'm impressed. And I find the way she tells it through the symbol of rebirth interesting. What do you think?

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It is interesting and thank you for posting it.

But just about every event possible is covered in them two pages of info. Let�s face it, if you write enough about a lot of things, things will always happen, therefore someday you will be right.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
You are right about that Wargame, there is quite a bit of information and not alot of detail in what I quoted. The book is a little more thorough than the passages I shared. But without names or dates, there is nothing we can really agree or disagree with. Like many prophecies, they are abstract in nature.

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The Phoenix is a bird of fire, it comes out of the earth in labor pains. Molten earth spray out from the ground and fans out as bird wings.
The Phoenix has been here before. It comes after many cycles.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I think it is the fundamental symbolism of the phoenix which can serve mankind in any era or situation - as long as it is one of transformation. When a system (any sort - political, socioeconomic, etc - they are usually intertwined into one big knot anyway) gets to the point that it cannot grow or be reformed, the only way to bring new order to the system is through total destruction of the old one.

Something mankind is rarely eager to initiate just for the sake of necessity. And so we seem to be quite good at playing Nero when Rome needs to be burned.

I hope that one day we can bring about the changes we need as a society without causing ourselves and each other grief, sorrow, and pain! THEN we can say we are getting somewhere....growing up....

Peace, my friends!

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Maybe the Earth is getting ready to pop another Moon?

Yellowstone might have enough pressure.

posted on Jan, 10 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2stepsfromtop
Maybe the Earth is getting ready to pop another Moon?

Yellowstone might have enough pressure.

What about Vesuvius?

She's a hot topic umong geologist these days too.
Predictions of bad things happening that are not coming from pshychics...

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
i have also read pheonix rising as well as other titles by mary summer rain including spirit song and phantoms afoot and am about to start fireside. my best friend in vermont recomended them to me. i randomly found some of her books in a used book store and was wowed by what i read, esp. in phoenix rising. for me it vindicated what i have read in many other books and what science is saying today. it was like the last missing puzzle piece that made me say o.k. the issue of coming earth changes is no longer up for debate, they are happening now as we speak. you hear alot about other theories like the mayan calande endeing in 2012 and jon pineials findings of atlantis book earth changes predictions and such. then you read pheonix rising and not only does it touch on this but it also goes hand in hand with what scientists are saying about globall warming. ever since i read this book i have been seeing these changes daily. the book was written in the late 80s and predictated these changes to start in about 16 years. so we are a bit past it.
some of the changes mentioned are climate changes, more natural disasters, flooding, drought, fire, also that the earth watchers that have been helping us are going to leave because we have not been thankful, this will result in more freak accidents, auto, pedstryian, bicycle, even amusument park rides, buses, trains and of course planes falling out of the sky. she also speaks of the complete breakdown of the economy and all things money related including massive strikes, reccesion, foreclousers, and the stock market falling, all to the point where money is worthless. it also talks about people lossing it and killing each other at more intense rates. also about the discovery of a new fault line in the south mississippi area that will flood a drown much of the south. also bad newsfor my home claifornia, basically saying that it will be gone.
there is so much more and once you read it you will see that the time is now. once we see a greenish hue in the air its over. thats when the earth mother has givin birth to the great pheonix, of change.
their will be some safe places so if you so inclinded get this book!

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
The predictions seem all well and good, vague enough to basically apply to practically every form of turmoil while also grouping them into different but understandable categories.

The only thing I don't see happening is the entire world stopping their meat consumption. Speaking as a human omnivore, there isn't anything better in this universe than crisp bacon in the morning... or a juicy porterhouse prepared correctly.

So if all of this is going to transpire, I am going to guess that all the meat eaters will have to die? I certainly wouldn't want to live in a world without breakfast sausage or fried chicken.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
old thread i know, but i read this book back in the early 90s and i remember thinking then how on earth could my fellow Americans become that discontent with their government, it just seemed far fetched at the time. well here we are 20 some odd years later and it couldn't be more real to me now.

anyone else read the book years ago and wonder how could these things happen. i remember reading that these prophecies were given in no special order because the future is always random to a degree, but that many will indeed take place.

the green hue to the sky makes me wonder if they were talking about the Aurora being seen around the world with our current solar activity.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I was just looking over this book and wanted to post some of what Noeyes revealed back in the mid 80s. I find it quite fascinating to look back at that time and have read what she wrote, which at the time, I had a hard time believing but now low and behold here it is.

The Phoenix Chronicles, written by Marry Summer Rain in 1987 from her book, Phoenix Rising as told by her mentor Noeyes.

Contractions/Economic Aspects-

Massive blue collar strikes
relocation of key factories overseas
computerization of factories
extended import/export embargo/taxation's
increased unemployment
widespread factory shutdowns
excessive taxation's
insolvency of many banks
stock market misdealing/decline
devaluation of real estate
increase in corporate crime
drop in level of manufactured goods
increase of corporate monopolies/take overs
increase in personal bankruptcies
widespread layoffs
runaway credit purchases
cash/precious metal as only accepted tender

Emerging/Natural Disasters-

Major devastation in California
earthquakes in new areas
inactive craters become unsettled
mountains become unstable
return of the dust bowl
record breaking flooding
tornadoes increase intensity and occasion
liquefaction of soil beneath faults
intensified hurricane devastation
freak wind gusts/accidents soil erosion
increased radon levels rock\mud slides
insect infestations
sinkholes
rapid temperature inversions
frigid winters/deadly blizzards
major quake of the new madrid fault
greenish hue to the atmosphere
higher pollution/radiation levels

Listening/Freak deaths and accidents

amusement park disasters
increase in homicide/suicide
freak household accidents
disease outbreaks
severe catastrophic gas explosions
germ warfare release incident

Breath Heaving/Discord Between Nations

grave economical differences
arms escalation
warring altercations
terrorism increases
undeclared wars
clandestine dealing between nations
high level secrecy

Wings Flexing/Spiritual Unrest and Awakening

questioning masses
political church actions
government interventions
repression from certain religious sects
increased UFO sightings
interaction with other intelligences
acceptance of paranormal
acceptance of ongoing spirit/afterlife
more religious sects going to court to force their personal restrictions on general public

The Wailing/Nuclear Incidents

several close meltdowns/leaks
seeping radioactive dump sites
two catastrophic meltdown events
radioactive pollution off land/rivers
several major accidents of nuclear missiles truck carriers and the transportation of radioactive waste
radioactive releases caused from geological instability

Talons Tensing/Civil Unrest

people's revolt and resistance movements
draft evasion
public's discovery of corrupts
nuclear exchange

Crouching/Massive revolts and Governments Turnaround
taxation refusals
war resistance
policy disagreements within government body
major upheaval within governments

Flying Free/Rise of the Age of Peace

total equality among people
discontinuance of meat ingestion
constructions reforms
cessation of most severe natural disasters
pollution free energy innovations by way of the earth's magnetic field

These are some of the prophecies Noeyes foretold back in the early 1980's and I find it fascinating how dead on she was. She did make mention in her book that these are not to be taken in any special order nor does it mean they will all occur since the future is always subject to the free will of people. in 1987 I would have loled at most of these predictions but over the years as I have seen many come true I now take them very seriously.

top topics

join