It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dean loses his temper

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Dean is MY MAN!

As the warm-up acts told bawdy jokes and used epithets referring to African-Americans and homosexuals, the guest of honor was in a room next door wondering whether he should appear onstage.

When the M.C., Kate Clinton, introduced Dr. Dean, she had to stall for a few minutes, because he was still fuming in the other room. A few minutes later, he took the stage and apologized for what he called offensive language. "I just don't have much tolerance for ethnic humor," he said. "We are all one community."

The raunchy one-liners, delivered mainly by the comedian David Cross, were typical comedy club fare, but unusual for a political event. Mr. Cross is known for using profanity in his act.

The jokes got mixed reactions from the mostly white crowd. Some snickered and some shook their heads at what they said were inappropriate remarks. But Dr. Dean and his staff were not amused.

"The governor was incensed and angry," Mr. Thornell said. "He thought the language was totally outrageous."

www.nytimes.com...

www.democraticunderground.com...

DEAN for President!

[Edited on 10-12-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   
he should scold Kerry then for his use of the f word. And, lets say Dean is president and R. Byrd uses the N word again...

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I didn't see anyone complaining when Bush and Cheney called Adam Clymer a "major league asshole."

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 08:22 AM
link   
A) What Bush said wasn't meant for public consumption - unlike Kerry, and same for Byrd - since I brought him up.

B) Clymer is a major league asshole.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Wow, you decide who to vote for because he feeds you lip service? You really think that was anything but "made for TV" BS?

Take it from me, Colonel, one who listened to the lip service of another and actuallt thought he would perform, lip service is worthless.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Well orchestrated move to get the black vote!

How repugnant of him, hehe....

Bravo Dean!

*claps*

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
I didn't see anyone complaining when Bush and Cheney called Adam Clymer a "major league asshole."

there is a vast difference between calling someone an asshole and calling someone a 'n-word'. if you cant tell the difference then why you are not mad at dean for not admonishing these "comedians" and publically apologizing for something he did not mean to happen i will never know. the whole event was about him for him therefore it only makes sense he would make a statement himself, not letting a lackey do it for him.

you've called people on this sight far worse than an asshole anyway so what should we call you? Mr. Pot or Mr. Kettle?

"The governor was incensed and angry," Mr. Thornell said. "He thought the language was totally outrageous."

but apparently wasnt mad enough to make a public statement himself.... why is this not surprising??? he has to send a PR guy out to make a statement to convey his indignation over what happened. nothing says "i'm mad as hell" like sending a PR guy out to "give heck" about the offensive jokes.

me thinks someone's testicals are in hillary's lockbox...

howard "no balls" dean for president!

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 04:51 PM
link   
heh, what can I say, I like David Cross.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey

Originally posted by Colonel

there is a vast difference between calling someone an asshole and calling someone a 'n-word'. if you cant tell the difference then why you are not mad at dean for not admonishing these "comedians" and publically apologizing for something he did not mean to happen i will never know. the whole event was about him for him therefore it only makes sense he would make a statement himself, not letting a lackey do it for him.

you've called people on this sight far worse than an asshole anyway so what should we call you? Mr. Pot or Mr. Kettle?

but apparently wasnt mad enough to make a public statement himself.... why is this not surprising??? he has to send a PR guy out to make a statement to convey his indignation over what happened. nothing says "i'm mad as hell" like sending a PR guy out to "give heck" about the offensive jokes.

me thinks someone's testicals are in hillary's lockbox...

howard "no balls" dean for president!

the dudes balls blong to hiliary? poor bastard wont be getting those back from that power hungry bitch!

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 05:30 PM
link   
You don't hire David Cross to do a stand up routine unless you want that kind of humor. I have never heard David Cross not Cross several lines. That was planned, and if it wasn't, I don't think I'd want someone so unprepared running for prez.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 05:31 PM
link   
well I am guessing howard dean's people aren't true david cross fans, just probably saw him on arrested development figured they could score points with fox viewers?

Brain Candy rules.

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Well orchestrated move to get the black vote!

How repugnant of him, hehe....

Bravo Dean!

*claps*

Interesting link on this topic:
www.sltrib.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Shocking! I don't know if we can handle a President that mouths off more from emotion than intellect...

Whereas preliminary data suggests that 'Bring em on' Bush actually inspires Al Quaeda to pet kittens, and mentor young people.

(Please, no need to remind me of the medical speculation of many that Bush, indeed, HAS BALLS. I conceded the presence of a Bush Y chromosome years ago.)

new topics

top topics

join