It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

personal stories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this belongs here. If not, then feel free to blaze my ass. I can handle it. I've been looking for personal accounts, preferably first-person accounts where people were harrassed by government agencies, rogue cops and shady justice systems. Not news articles but actual stories from the people who endured it. My own searches have only yielded cases such as CIA and FBI harrassment in the 50's, 60's and 70's. I'm searching through the various threads on this site but if anyone has links to any of these types of stories, ones that have happened relatively recently, let me know. I'm looking for the victims side of political scandal and corruption.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   
A good solicitation. I reckon it's OK here.

'Harassment' can take so many different forms, can't it?

From labelling and blacklisting of dissenters in the McCarthy era, to the stupidly over-encompassing definition of what might be considered "terrorism" in order to protect "national security" through abuses like the USA P.A.T.R.I.O.T. Act. I think an ATS search on the Patriot Act will yield at least 4 cases of specific abuses of people through expanded law enforcement powers, that's what I recall. That is NOT to defend, say, crystal meth producers, but it IS to say that the expansion of law enforcement powers is an abuse of far greater potential today, already being actuated, than in the decades you quoted.

I think you will find the parallels interesting. I hope you get some real life examples directly from ATS members... I can recall a couple of stories by people who felt they were targeted and followed... but I'm not sure you will get complete stories other than those published elsewhere. Good luck!

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 04:54 AM
link   
In all the cases I've found concerning the subject of this post, the victims either committed suicide or were suspected suicides. Does it make sense that government agencies would use such a tactic, driving a person to their own self-destruction via threats, harrassment, terrorizing, etc or do you think these suspected suicides were really assasinations of people who posed a "threat" to national security?

[Edited on 10-12-2003 by anarchy]

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 05:05 AM
link   
sometimes i think some of the crazier conspiracies out there are gov or agency to drive people mad to suicide or radical action to drive people away from researching, provide plenty disinfo/misinfo, and tighten the grip of psychology/mind drugs.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 05:13 AM
link   
check this out. happend in 2001. no new info to be found. i tried the e-mail, it was returned

sorry the thread didnt come up....new at this, but it was posted by jezebel on 11/24/03 post#269827

[Edited on 10-12-2003 by MAKESUGOHMMMM]

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 07:16 AM
link   
yes, that's exactly the kind of thing I'm refering to. this puts a human face to political corruption, and exposes those in power for the filth they are. i'm building a website to document atrocities exactly like this one and to show people the other side of the government. if anyone else knows of any material like this, be sure to let me know. and thanks!

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Yes, Springer and I have a real life account of the misuse of local police power.

Springer has a psychotic ex-wife. That's not just an opinion. In late 1998 she was at one of her "zeniths" of psychopathy. Unfortunately, this disturbed state was empowered by her holding a rather high position in a medical facility. Included in her responsibilities was the planning (and sometimes conducting) of continuing education classes for nurses and EMTs. This put her in a position to have an "in" with the local police force.

Long story short she was able to manipulate this connection which led to 1. a false arrest of Springer which included no statement of charges nor any reading of rights, and 2. an illegal search of MY vehicle during this arrest. In addition, she made sure that the police department, during the 12 hours they held Springer without formal charges, confiscated his prescription medications as "personal property". This all going down on a weekend, the "personal property" department is not manned, and therefore all "personal property" is checked in, but cannot be returned...basically slipped through a window.

This led to me spending 12 hours in an unfamiliar city, trying to contact a physician I didn't even know, on a Saturday, to get emergency prescriptions written, in order to get them to jail and ensure that Springer did not go into a medical emergency state, while at the same time trying to get him out.

About two weeks to a month after this event Springer and I initiated an Internal Affairs investigation into that days' events. Physicians don't do well at healing themselves...the investigation resulted in a finding of "no impropriety"...yeah, whatever. Springer was never charged with anything.

True story.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 09:09 AM
link   
hey anarchy...keep us posted on the web site and if in your searches you should stumble about anything more on steven ames please post it...thanks

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 10:35 AM
link   
steven ames? i did a search on that name but never came up with anything noteworthy. who is he and what happened with him? the search results i found included someone by that name who was chairman of a museum or something like that, but nothing about government harrassment....

(valhall) angry femmes can really put your mellons in a vice when it comes to legal battles. i've collected stories where husbands were slashed repeatedly with knives, had to baricade themselves inside a room and call the police on their rampaging, alcoholic wives. and guess who got arrested when the cops came? THE HUSBAND! and he ended up being to one who had to do community service! the rationale was that he must have provoked her to these actions in self-defense!

sickening, really

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 10:40 AM
link   
www.iahf.com...

sorry thought your last post referred to my first post. hopefully this is the correct link.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I've just read it. I felt my face grow hotter with each paragraph. This stuff is BLATANT! It's obscene and it's SICK! I urge everyone to read MAKESUGOHMMMM's post and to get the disks! They're free! I also encourage petitions and phone calls. This boils my blood black!

There is no one person who can be held accountable for this. The groups responsible probably form a chain of command a mile long! This can only be stopped by public awareness and outrage!

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 09:15 PM
link   
ecclesia.org...

this is the most updated information I've been able to find. I tried calling the phone number for Nicole Terry. Five rings and it just cuts out. I get an 'undeliverable' error when I try to send email. Latest information on Steven is June 2002, he's been moved to a prison, aparently in solitary confinement and with no explanation as to why.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I'm just...too stunned to speak....

Ladies and gentlemen, the veil has been lifted.

Welcome to the real world. If you've just read that, you've taken the literary equivalent of 'the red pill'.

Unfortunately, I'm at a loss of how to fight it....

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This interview was done in August 25, 1997

www.sweetliberty.org...

Just scroll down the page and you'll see a link to download a realmedia file.

Anyone not familiar with the situation faced by Stephen and his girlfriend Nicole Terry can read up on them at www.iahf.com...

Anyone with further information on Stephen and Nicole (since their arrest in 9/28 2001) please let me know. All my searches are turning up blank.

new topics

top topics

join