It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was A UFO Downed During "The Battle of Los Angeles"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 10:39 PM
link   
In February of 1942 US air defenses responded to an object(s) that approached LA from the ocean... After detecting the object on radar, it was spotted over the metro area and fired upon by local flak batteries. After being fired at by 1430-40 rounds, the object flew out to sea...

For years people assumed that this was just a Japanese recon plane that dodged US fire... However, post war records revealed that Japan launched no such mission during these dates. Indeed, researchers in the post 1947 era noticed that, oddly, the object in the 1942 photos appeared to be saucer-like in form...

So, was this a real UFO sighting? Well, for argument's sake, if we agree that it is... Is it not possible that the gov's first 'downed' or 'recovered' UFO came years before Roswell? Note that, following the raid, the Navy denied it was a real event, while...
1.Many people have stated that Naval Intelligence actually operates the 'real' US UFO program.
2.Many sources claim that the actual S-4 test site for captured UFOs is on Navy property.
3.If a saucer did crash at sea, the Navy would have (during the salvage operation) been the 'on site' Government agency... and thus the one most likely to have been given compartmentalized authority over the matter.
4.Bob Lazar claimed that, while a civilian contractor for the Navy, he saw a UFO with artillery damage (Even if you disbelieve him, it's possible that he may have been given 'real' info as part of a disinfo campaign).

So... I offer this question up for you guys... Might teh first UFO recovery have come years before Roswell?

OIMD

BTW: I may write about this subject on another message board. I DO NOT want to be accused of plagiarism by any goofs around here (you guys know what i'm talking about)... rather, I am interested in this area of research and, so, want to hear what different people think in different places.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
shoot, I've been away so long that I forgot the right linking procedure

Go to:
brumac.8k.com...
www.newsoftheodd.com...
www.sfmuseum.org...
cosmicparadigm.com...
www.subversiveelement.com...
ufocasebook.com...
www.ufocasebook.com...

for more info. These are both pro-UFO and skeptic sites.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Yeah a great incident indeed. I definitely believe it was a UFO due to the size and inability to harm the craft in any observable way. Also, the craft maintained its position for a long time and obviously was not any known human technology of that era.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Let's try this again... The photos are important because, like the USAAF "Captured Saucer" press release from 1947, they serve as the real red flag:

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Did anyone else notice the story on the LA Times page about 'Alien' ousters? Seems kinda ironic, to me.

Also, at first I thought it was illogical for aliens to hover over a city and get shot at for an hour, only to fly away and possibly crash, until I realized that we have no way of guessing how an alien mind works, or what it values. So, though you bored me for a week with this, tahnks for bringing it up OIMD.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I'm sure this event happened. Truly a UFO event and my favorite picture showing the reality of flying saucers. From what I have read and understood this particular UFO did not get shot down. I also have zero faith in any Bob Lazar accounts.

As for recovered UFOs. IMO, UFO crashes started as soon as our militaries began using radar, which screwed them up. The Battle of L.A., IMO, produced no crash.

Regarding Navy involvement with flying saucers/ETs, Catherine Austin Fitts, the federal housing commissioner during the first Bush administration claims to have been to have been a part of a group to help the Navy adjust their operations for a world in which it was commonly known that aliens exist and live among humanity on earth. You can read about her story here:

www.scoop.co.nz...

I'm quite certain that all facets of federal government, especially military powers, are deeply involved with this subject.

[Edited on 9-12-2003 by heelstone]

top topics

join