It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEDS Bust Eminem for words on President

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Most definately this would be normal in the underground--and somebody already mentioned the Nas lyric and the Dead Prez (whose name speaks for itself) gotta track called "Assassination"...the whole thing is about "riding down on the president".

"You aint even safe wit a full clip
Hustle out on the president's grave
Cause I'm sick of livin in this bull#
We gotta down to take it to the full length
Meet us up on Capitol Hill, and we can get up in some real #"

It's just cause Em is mainstream and stays on Mtv. Kids look up to him like a G'd.

And for those saying he's gangsta or uses ebonics...please!! His lyrics aren't what we would call gangsta and he doesn't use ebonics...he gets his street credit for being a crazy white boy. That's all.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerat
Eminem again...

That guy is really starting to irratate me. Sure, he is a very brilliant lyricist, but I think he has to stop makign such controversial tracks. Why is he doing this anyways? he gets enough attention already just from his music and looks (according to the girls).

His swearing and hate is really unnecessary. Alot of other successful rappers are rich and famous without all that violence in their lyrics.

I bet if you posted he lyrics of one of his songs here at ATS, half the thing would be censored.

I agree with Gaz, the Secret Service are doing their jobs. Their job is to protect teh rpesident and to investigate any threats of anykind. I think it is possible that the feds hae him too and are doing this for the fun of it. Maybe they don't even think he's a threat but were just following orders.

I remember reading once that a long long time ago, the Secret Service busted this kid in middle school because he wrote a threat to the president saying that he would die soon. the kid intended it as a joke, and was a model student. Really, common sense plays a role in investigations as well!!!

Personally, I think he's a threat to society. Kids these days ae listening to his music and actively absorbing the hate in his lyrics. All this "gangster" and ebonics stuff is useless. No one's gonna think you're cool if you act gangster, since everyone is already trying to be one. Why not just be original?

alot of rappers use it, and alot dont. Em Is highly original in his lyrics, and has a much different style than other rappers.

People buy what they like, not just like what they buy.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join