It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEDS Bust Eminem for words on President

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
I don't wish anyone to be dead......but if it had to be anyone ...........

Yeah, me, too. But we'll leave Bill and Jimmy to God, what say?

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I say nothing Mr. Crowne, nothing.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 07:37 AM
link   
# # Ass Bitch # # #er Fa**ot I wish the president was dead # ass # cocksucker # #ing goddamn.....

Need I go on?

I like to listen to Eminem occasionally, but sometimes his lyrics get ridiculous...I mean, come on...it was bound to happen sometime....

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 05:00 AM
link   
"The lyrics in contention are, �F*** money, I don�t rap for dead presidents. I�d rather see the president dead.� The line is apparently from �We As Americans�, an unreleased track that has been leaked onto the internet."

www.mtv.co.uk...

Hes obviously talking about MONEY. That would piss of peeps in charge. Im sure the fact it can be interpreted as the real president isnt good either, and threatening someone is a crime. However, its obvious from other threats on other cds that this is just hollow.

Freedom of speech doesnt mean freedom not to hear something you dont like. So even if hateful to you, it still sells a metric but ton of cds. One of which I will probably purchase.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I have a question

Can I make a comment like I wish he was dead

Is that considered a threat?

And if it is illegal, is it different if I'm in Canada?

Because I've made comments like that millions of times on message boards. I'm scared to visit America now.....think they'll be waiting for me! LOL

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Its jsut a song. No need to get peoples shorts in a bind. By him saying that, does the gov really think he constitues a threat to the President?

Geeez

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Eminem is very talented when it comes to rhyming. Other than that, I think he's an arrogant prick.

Censorship, in this regard, is silly.

I listen to a few 'underground' artists that have harsher lyrics, but you do not see them targeted. Why? Because they don't sell millions of records.

Image means everything to some folks.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 02:23 PM
link   
There only going after Em because he's a white rapper. Nas said "George Bush Killer till George Bush kills me" in his "poison" song on his stillmatic track. Why didn't they go after Nas??????????

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Doesn't matter who you are, or what the context...the Secret Service is MANDATED to investigate any and ALL threats on the President, regardless of implied intent. They are simply doing their jobs and going through the motions...

It's the same thing as yelling FIRE! in a crowded movie theater. Free Speech is one thing, but deliberate malice is another..

He'll likely get off with a stiff fine, slap on the wrist, etc. but the point is...it's just not a good idea to go around threatening a guy who's got people around him with guns, and the sole job of keeping him safe....

I�d rather see the president dead

While the previous line is certainly referring to money...this one isn't....

[Edited on 12-12-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Eminem again...

That guy is really starting to irratate me. Sure, he is a very brilliant lyricist, but I think he has to stop makign such controversial tracks. Why is he doing this anyways? he gets enough attention already just from his music and looks (according to the girls).

His swearing and hate is really unnecessary. Alot of other successful rappers are rich and famous without all that violence in their lyrics.

I bet if you posted he lyrics of one of his songs here at ATS, half the thing would be censored.

I agree with Gaz, the Secret Service are doing their jobs. Their job is to protect teh rpesident and to investigate any threats of anykind. I think it is possible that the feds hae him too and are doing this for the fun of it. Maybe they don't even think he's a threat but were just following orders.

I remember reading once that a long long time ago, the Secret Service busted this kid in middle school because he wrote a threat to the president saying that he would die soon. the kid intended it as a joke, and was a model student. Really, common sense plays a role in investigations as well!!!

Personally, I think he's a threat to society. Kids these days ae listening to his music and actively absorbing the hate in his lyrics. All this "gangster" and ebonics stuff is useless. No one's gonna think you're cool if you act gangster, since everyone is already trying to be one. Why not just be original?

posted on Dec, 13 2003 @ 12:39 AM
link   
LOL!! I was wondering when Eminem was going to diss Bush. Hell it took him long enough.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerat
Personally, I think he's a threat to society. Kids these days ae listening to his music and actively absorbing the hate in his lyrics. All this "gangster" and ebonics stuff is useless. No one's gonna think you're cool if you act gangster, since everyone is already trying to be one. Why not just be original?

Threat to society? That's just rediculous. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about, considering that Eminem is very far from "gangsta" rap. If you actually listen to his lyrics you will realize that alot of what he says is metaphors.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 01:07 PM
link   
i think eminem can say what he wants, if bush turns around and starts calling peopel what would he get nothing

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
SECRET SERVICE PLANS INTERVIEW OF EMINEM AFTER 'PRESIDENT DEAD' RAP

**Exclusive**

The Secret Service is planning to conduct an interview with rapper EMINEM, government sources tell the DRUDGE REPORT, after a new song by the artist appeared on the Internet -- a song that wished the "president dead!"

MORE

"We take all matters involving comments made about the death of a sitting president very seriously," a well-placed government source directly involved in the matter said this weekend. "This matter will be investigated fully, and I expect Mr. Mathers will be interviewed directly."

The Secret Service has reviewed a studio quality version of the track WE AS AMERICANS.

MORE

"Personally, I found it quite alarming and reckless," the federal official said.

In the song, the rapper declares he would not perform only for cash: "I don't rap for dead presidents," Eminem says. "I'd rather see the president dead. It's never been said, but I set precedents and the standards, and they can't stand it!"

No determination has been made regarding the song and if it constitutes a direct threat against President Bush, the official explained.

drudgereport.com...

I thnk Eminem has a right to speak his mind. If that's how he feels, the government can't curb his speech.

The Secret Service already said back a week ago that they aren't going to pursue it because he hadn't intended to release it. You're a little behind on your news it appears.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Perhaps I repeat myself too much, but again, I'd like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that Jodie Foster looks better than ever, and is single!

actually, she has a female partner that's helping her raise that baby. She just has a clause in her contracts that says you can't ask about her personal life. Do some reading. The woman was on the set of Anna and the King.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
wow what a shock eminem makes a song about wishing yet another person dead.

he hates his mom, he hates gay people, he seems to have a lot of hate and seems to enjoy clinging onto it like a whino clutching his last bottle.

i think its just sad that anyone would find it acceptable that he wishes someone dead. he's a lowly piece of scum full of anger and hatred and is a pretty poor excuse of a human being. even with those i 100% disagree with politically i dont wish dead and never will. its one thing to disagree with bush's politics, quite another to wish him dead and eminem DOES have a record of violence. shall we pull his criminal record for you? thats one record he DOESNT want people to know about him having.

is the guy serious? i dont know but given his past and how bitter and angry the guy is at the world it seems, i wouldnt put anything past him.

he's free to speak his mind all he wants but what he did was uncalled for morally if not criminally.

and not much surprise colonel backs eminem. the two are very much alike.

Clearly you've never listened to ALL of his lyrics...because the real Eminem is in there...under the grandstanding. He has some sensitive songs...and a lot of love and intelligence mixed in with the anger. He's angry, sure...but he's got a lot more to be happy about these days and he's towing a lot straighter line now that he's "got his baby back".

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerat
Eminem again...

That guy is really starting to irratate me. Sure, he is a very brilliant lyricist, but I think he has to stop makign such controversial tracks. Why is he doing this anyways? he gets enough attention already just from his music and looks (according to the girls).

His swearing and hate is really unnecessary. Alot of other successful rappers are rich and famous without all that violence in their lyrics.

I bet if you posted he lyrics of one of his songs here at ATS, half the thing would be censored.

I agree with Gaz, the Secret Service are doing their jobs. Their job is to protect teh rpesident and to investigate any threats of anykind. I think it is possible that the feds hae him too and are doing this for the fun of it. Maybe they don't even think he's a threat but were just following orders.

I remember reading once that a long long time ago, the Secret Service busted this kid in middle school because he wrote a threat to the president saying that he would die soon. the kid intended it as a joke, and was a model student. Really, common sense plays a role in investigations as well!!!

As someone that owns and has repeatedly listened to the albums, I feel qualified to give an opinion.

On the Marshall Mathers Cd he spewed generic hatred to many groups and seemed to get off on being irresponsible with the lyrics. On the Eminem Show, he's focused much more on the few people that have been F'ing him over. It's more logical hatred...if you ask me. He's grown up a lot in a few years. No one wants to believe it I'm sure. People he's already pissed off won't give him another chance. But trust me, there's evolution there...and the guy is getting the impact of his words.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Theres your proof of wmd's...

nevermind, I can't figure out how to upload photos.

[Edited on 15-12-2003 by MrJingles]

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
wow what a shock eminem makes a song about wishing yet another person dead.

he hates his mom, he hates gay people, he seems to have a lot of hate and seems to enjoy clinging onto it like a whino clutching his last bottle.

i think its just sad that anyone would find it acceptable that he wishes someone dead. he's a lowly piece of scum full of anger and hatred and is a pretty poor excuse of a human being. even with those i 100% disagree with politically i dont wish dead and never will. its one thing to disagree with bush's politics, quite another to wish him dead and eminem DOES have a record of violence. shall we pull his criminal record for you? thats one record he DOESNT want people to know about him having.

is the guy serious? i dont know but given his past and how bitter and angry the guy is at the world it seems, i wouldnt put anything past him.

he's free to speak his mind all he wants but what he did was uncalled for morally if not criminally.

and not much surprise colonel backs eminem. the two are very much alike.

Forgot to mention that he wrote a song in wich he said that he wanted to kill his wife...

He did a lot of stupid things... And the worst is that he got money from it. This guy is a clown that's it.

[Edited on 15-12-2003 by Salem]

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   
i find all of this kinda funny...just because Eminem is definately NOT the first rapper to rap about killing or dissing the president. Take the rapper Paris for example, he has a whole damn song called "Bush Killa"...the cover of his new cd shows a plane headed straight for the white house! The only reason this is a big deal is because Eminem's # is mainstream and everyone listens to it. If the FED's listened to underground hip-hop they'd be after a million different rappers...hell they might even be lookin for me too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join