It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The return of Russia to a closed society predicted and coming true...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Back in the late 199o's I read a few books that said that Russia would only be an open society for about 5 years. These were christian prophecies directed at people who wanted to go to Russia. (I'll look for a link on the net)

Interesting that with the latest elections in Russia
HERE people are saying that the door of an open society is closing, on te news now are articles about how life under democracy is worse than communism and people are voting to go back to the bad old days.

This seems to be a prophecy that is coming true in the near future.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Putin is a former KGB as I read somewhere(maybe not true)

and its true Russia will be more powerful and will rise higher with communism.

and I think this cause look at the Russian history.

They NEVER had democracy.

Edit:
I also think that United Russia is the same as USSR(CCCP)

[Edited on 8-12-2003 by Russian]

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Yep, I agree...that Russia is just now getting on it's game face... The first move was the euro switch, and becoming bedfellows with Saudi Arabia right after our pullout...

The pieces are moving onto the chessboard....and frankly, I'm a little worried about the quick time between turns of this match...

Bizzare but likely...we may see...

AXIS-Russia, France, Germany, China
ALLIES-Us, Britain, Austrailia, Japan

as a lineup for WWIII

(of course, the terms Axis and Allies, could be switched, depending on your point of view, hehe...)

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Yep, I agree...that Russia is just now getting on it's game face... The first move was the euro switch, and becoming bedfellows with Saudi Arabia right after our pullout...

The pieces are moving onto the chessboard....and frankly, I'm a little worried about the quick time between turns of this match...

as a lineup for WWIII

(of course, the terms Axis and Allies, could be switched, depending on your point of view, hehe...)

what that line up means is DEATH TO THE WORLD!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Russian,

no offense but I have never understood the basic drive of your country.

Is it world domination that the rulers of Russia desire?

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Russian,

no offense but I have never understood the basic drive of your country.

Is it world domination that the rulers of Russia desire?

and Russia is NOT tring to take over the world!

it was long time ago.

and at that time it was a fight between COMMUNISM and DEMOCRACY!!!

and both tryed to take OVER the WORLD!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Thanks N.C

It reminded me of prophecy that will befall Russia and the whole of the world!

I have made up another post with regards to Russia and the whole world!
helen.....

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
Putin is a former KGB as I read somewhere(maybe not true)

Putin is a former KGB ( now FSB ) colonel.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 09:02 AM
link   
On a another topic..

This is a GOOD thing.

Go Putin!

Make Russia strong and proud again!

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM
On a another topic..

This is a GOOD thing.

Go Putin!

And that is what he is doing!

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   
How can a return to a command economy, and tolatarian dictatoriship EVER be thought of as a good thing?

Putin is already shutting down the media, and jailing those he considers a threat, will things be considered good for you Fulcrum whe he resinstitues the gulags and has a few pogroms?

So millions return to a form of slavery under a system that failed in the first place. Where waste and sloth and kowtowing to superiors reigned over initiative and independence

.... yep thats a good thing but only if you want whats worse for Russia ... you can say that only if you don't live there.

[Edited on 9-12-2003 by Netchicken]

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

as a lineup for WWIII

I think you are leaving out some key players here. Israel, and the middle east. Canada would be on the side of the US and Britain.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
NC,

are not robots inferior entities?

they band together and militarize in the hope of taking over so that they can continue to live because otherwise they would become extinct.

but by doing that they ensure their own demise.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
How can a return to a command economy, and tolatarian dictatoriship EVER be thought of as a good thing?

Putin is already shutting down the media, and jailing those he considers a threat, will things be considered good for you Fulcrum whe he resinstitues the gulags and has a few pogroms?

So millions return to a form of slavery under a system that failed in the first place. Where waste and sloth and kowtowing to superiors reigned over initiative and independence

.... yep thats a good thing but only if you want whats worse for Russia ... you can say that only if you don't live there.

[Edited on 9-12-2003 by Netchicken]

NC if you would be Russian you would not think that way.

Russians lived under communism their whole lives.

there is nothing to it.

its like living in US unless you mess with the wrong people.

Russia is going toward the brighter side.

and Russia cant have the same politics as US cause they are DIFFERENT.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Oh crap,

I have read a lot on Russia and the fear under a communist regime was evil. Being afraid to speak your mind, even write your own music or books. Fear of the knock at the door at night, the oppressive society that forced conformity and obedience.

It was an inhuman regime

How about being unable to travel to other countries, watching your resources squandered, crops rot in fields, cities and large areas polluted and raped for resources with no environmental care.

How about a society that tries to influence the world by fear and intimidation...

Yeah old Russia was a good place, people were happy, just as long as they didn't complain or want to be free.
Just as long as they accepted the party line and believed the propaganda,
Just as long as they didn't wonder why their relatives disappeared never to be seen, and never visited the gulags.

Great place old russia, corrupt, inefficient, decaying and dark.

Just look at what Putin has done to win in the latest elections, threatened voters, beat up the opposition and jailed their supporters, shut doen the media, bodes well for the "New Russia" doesn't it?

Expect bodies to start appearing soon, as the glorious new future arrives.

How blind can people be?

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
What did I say about machines....

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM
On a another topic..

This is a GOOD thing.

Go Putin!

And that is what he is doing!

finally, one of your posts superimposes my thoughts... BRAVO!!
*say it with a french accent for best effect*

agreed, putin is the best thing russia's faced so far, oh..and btw, the price of bread's risen to 1/6 of the average salary in moscow...things aren't going too well there these days

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 10:37 AM
link   
russia my seem like it's getting worse now, but they are a country trying to get a foot hold. i imagine back during the civil war in the US alot of people had second thoughts on whether it's going to work or not. putin is just throwing some elbows trying to get everything organzined once again.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strigoi
russia my seem like it's getting worse now, but they are a country trying to get a foot hold.

Russian is not getting worse...

if you look at the economy its is growing...

the military bugdet went up 21% too...

so its coming...

just wait another 4-10 years...

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strigoi
russia my seem like it's getting worse now, but they are a country trying to get a foot hold.

Russian is not getting worse...

if you look at the economy its is growing...

the military budget wen up 21% too...

so its coming...

just wait another 4-10 years...

Since when was the military budget indicative of a growing economy?? HAHAHA. Just throw this on the evidence pile that Russia is hiring more government workers, becomming more totalitarian. military budget... economic growth... *snicker snicker snicker*

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join