It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coat of Arms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share their coat-of-arms? Last winter I spent over a month researching my family genealogy and boy it was a complete headache but I finally completed it but anyways here is my coat-of-arms:

Over many years it has been assumed that everyone with the Surnames of Mathena, Matheny, Metheny, Matheney, Metteneye and other adaptations find their roots in Mediveal France, in the small village of Mathenay.

This village is located southeast of Paris, and about 100 miles west of Berne, Switzerland.

The first person known to use the name was Count Guy de Vaudrey, Chevalier, Seigneur de' Mathenay, b 1080.

It was customary during the period of the Middle ages, and the declining of the Christian Roman Empire, that the local lands, Manors and Castles were under the direct influential rule of the Roman Catholic Abbeys of the area.

As the Empire was declining there were Wars erupting between the local Nobles, and Royalties. These regional/local wars were waged against the Abbey Domination.

So it was with the Abbey de' Rosserie and it was taken over by Guy de Vaudrey's father, and according to custom the Manors captured were given to a trusted friend or relative. Thus Guy de Vaudrey was awarded the Chateau of Mathenay.

Thus the Origin of the name: Count Guy de Vaudrey, Chevalier, Seigneur de Mathenay.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Here is a link to my family

Rollo

This is really accurate as the 7th Lord Rollo, John, is my Great granpa x4

The links are there for COA and other facts..also links to other clans.

Happy hunting

Gryff

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Well here is mine:

[Edited on 7-12-2003 by jetsetter]

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   
eh...jet...u got a link?

all i see is about 2cm of blue stuff?

might just be me?

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Here is a link:

www.irishsurnames.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Hey does anyone speak Latin? Maybe you could traslate.

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Here is mine....

The motto is "Tenax Propositi" meaning Firm of Purpose. One of my ancestors was a Sheriff of Nottingham, hehe...(love it, a bad guy...
) I'm using my crest throughout my wedding (given the medieval theme), with it being on the cake, the groomsmen's tabbards, and herald horns, etc.

I'll edit in the mini history later...(currently putting up our Christmas tree...)

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Jetsetter, I'm thinking the translation is "Mighty Citadel of my God"

Turris (Citadel, fort, etc.)
Fortis (Strong, mighty, powerful, etc.)
Mihi (My, Myself, etc.)
Deus (God, supreme being, etc.)

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Cool, thanks for the traslation.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 12:38 AM
link   
This is my Family Crest

A Metal fist drawing a fish up from the water. My anscestry is of Prodestant origin and British, but of course

Sancta Clavis Coeli Fides = The Holy Key to Heaven is Faith.

[Edited on 8-12-2003 by Sapphire]

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gryffen
Here is a link to my family

Rollo

This is really accurate as the 7th Lord Rollo, John, is my Great granpa x4

The links are there for COA and other facts..also links to other clans.

Happy hunting

Gryff

Very cool Gryff!

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
Well here is mine:

[Edited on 7-12-2003 by jetsetter]

Like the crazy little critter on top!

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Here is mine....

The motto is "Tenax Propositi" meaning Firm of Purpose. One of my ancestors was a Sheriff of Nottingham, hehe...(love it, a bad guy...
) I'm using my crest throughout my wedding (given the medieval theme), with it being on the cake, the groomsmen's tabbards, and herald horns, etc.

I'll edit in the mini history later...(currently putting up our Christmas tree...)

Quite noble Gaz!!

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire
This is my Family Crest

A Metal fist drawing a fish up from the water. My anscestry is of origin and British, but of course

Sancta Clavis Coeli Fides = The Holy Key to Heaven is Faith.

Like the fish Sap with me being a pisces and all! Protestant eh? My family is Lutheran.

top topics

join